The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elemental Fury – PvE Heavy Attack DK Build (Wolfhunter Ready)

• pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious as to how close your setup is to mine in terms of numbers. And also whether its beneficial to go 7-0-0 / 5-1-1 / 5-0-2. I'm running 5-0-2 and find the extra defence and health to be beneficial.
    I've always been a big fan of 5-1-1. I hate dying and having close to 18K health is my happy point for squishiness. In fact, I run one prismatic glyph to push it up a tad.
    Also means i could get a away with using Tri-Stat food and not having too much of a health detriment.
    Tri-stat food only benefits stam. Do you find yourself running out of stam?
    I'm also curious for Ilambris vs Skoria as they both seem to have pros and cons.
    I like the extra health of skoria, but if any build is made for iliambris it's this one; about 50% of your damage is fire (searing strike, eruption, engulfing flames) and the other 50% is lightning (wall of elements, heavy attack, glyphs, ultimate).
    I also dropped on 4 pieces of Moondancer the other week but need to gold them and retrait 2 pieces as they were something like impen and training.... go figure. Once i sort them i'll try a mix and match between MD, MK, Julianos, BSW, Skoria and Iceheart to see what comes out on top as well. I'm open to suggestion on this from as well. Still need to drop on a BSW Shock staff to be able to mix and match properly but i'll work with what i have for now.
    I'll be curious to see how your testing turns out. I've tested 4 piece IA and MK and didn't see much difference at all. I think in theory BSW is better than Julianos, but I like the consistency of Julianos.
    Rotation
    I'll have to do a little testing and and mix and match i think. I should probably be using trap but it always felt like an awkward skill to run, the off one out if you like, when ever i added it to my rotation so i chose to leave it out in favour or double barring inner light,
    It took me a while to hop on the trap bandwagon, and unless the boss is stationary I rarely apply it. I'm thinking about throwing clench in it's place and seeing if that makes a difference
    I'd like to get a definitive answer to this as well as charged seems to be recommended but the extra 240 spell damage from nirn should surely have an overall benefit.
    Exactly. My hypothesis is that having a charged back bar will be the best of both worlds.
    CP
    Again, would be nice to get a definied 'optimal' setup to get the most out of everything.
    I really hope together we can nail this as i love my mDK.
    Me too.
    I'm also open to working out the most optimal setup for vMA no death runs. With my current setup i can no death run nMA easily with minimal effort in about 30/40 mins give or take. Would be nice to get a couple vMA staves to add them to the mix and see how things turn out.
    The original author is the best bet for vMA advice. I think he's planning on uploading a flawless run with this guy soon. You definitely want to mix things up for solo (wings are amazing for vMA). I've finished a few times with this guy, but far from flawless... I'm still trying to memorize the spawn locations, and get a better handle of the mechanics I can burn through, which seems to be about half the challenge of vMA.

XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original author is the best bet for vMA advice. I think he's planning on uploading a flawless run with this guy soon. You definitely want to mix things up for solo (wings are amazing for vMA). I've finished a few times with this guy, but far from flawless... I'm still trying to memorize the spawn locations, and get a better handle of the mechanics I can burn through, which seems to be about half the challenge of vMA.

@pizzaow

The best I´ve managed to squeeze out for vMA on my magDK is 569k score. At the moment I´m using:
    (5-1-1 setup)
    5 Spinner (Body)
    4 IA (3 Jewels with spelldmg enchant on all + Charged Lighting with shock enchant)
    1 vMA Lightning backbar (Infused with increase wpn/spell-damage glyph)
    2 Grothdarr/Illambris/Skoria/Slimecraw

At the moment I can get a Flawless run in my sleep with this build (unless lag or disconnects hits you). The biggest problem for me at the moment is to improve my time. My best run so far has been around 43 minutes.Also a big issue I see right now for me is the lack of burst damage. I almost want to record a video and post it here so people can see and/or help me improve the setup.
    Edited by Qbiken on December 8, 2017 7:46AM
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't get an image to upload so my stats are as follows:

Mag - 40132
    Health - 18721
    Stam - 10505

Mag Rec - 735
    Health Rec - 180
    Stam Rec - 565

Spell Dam - 3979
    Spell Crit 45.7%

Weapon Dam - 1611
    Weapon Crit - 32%

Spell Res - 19372
    Phys Res - 10633
    Crit Res - 0

This is for my 5-0-2 setup, running 5 BSW, 4 MK and 2 Skoria with Nirn staves. Took the screenshot on a beach just outside of VG with Molten active and BSW proc'd. Decided to pick on a mud crab to trigger BSW lol In a few pug dungeons i've seen it get close to 5k spell damage at peak with group and self buffs active, along with BSW proc.

When i boot up later i'll get the stats for my 5BSW, 5 Jul and 1 Iceheart in 5-1-1 for comparison for you.
    Edited by Cybercore_Death on December 8, 2017 5:24PM
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the stats for my other setup:

Mag - 40801
    Health - 17159
    Stam - 10696

Mag Rec - 735
    Health Rec - 167
    Stam Rec - 585

Spell Dam - 4028
    Spell Crit 57.1%

Weapon Dam - 1611
    Weapon Crit - 33.4%

Spell Res - 18580
    Phys Res - 9841
    Crit Res - 0

This is 5-1-1 setup, running 5 Jul, 5 BSW, 1 Iceheart with Nirn staves. Again this is with Molten active and BSW proc'd. On both setups i'm running the skill setup i listed earlier. I seem to think i tried running this gear setup without Inner Light to see how much crit dropped and i seem to think it was quite a bit. Will need to double check. At some point i'll run it as a 5-0-2 setup for comparison.
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    @Qbiken

If you get the chance, I'd be very interested in seeing a vMA video. There are some pulls that I know I could be doing better and watching a video would help a lot.
    Also, are you using the lover or the apprentice mundas?.. it seems like Julianos + Lover would be very similar to Spinners + Apprentice.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pizzaow wrote: »
    @Qbiken

If you get the chance, I'd be very interested in seeing a vMA video. There are some pulls that I know I could be doing better and watching a video would help a lot.
    Also, are you using the lover or the apprentice mundas?.. it seems like Julianos + Lover would be very similar to Spinners + Apprentice.

@pizzaow

Spinner + Apprentice.

I´ll try to post a video, but I´m not very good with those stuff and don´t have a lot of experience with recordings and stuff, but will try my best.
    Edited by Qbiken on December 8, 2017 6:19PM
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    @Qbiken

@pizzaow

Spinner + Apprentice.

I´ll try to post a video, but I´m not very good with those stuff and don´t have a lot of experience with recordings and stuff, but will try my best.

That would be awesome if you could, thankyou.

You play on PC or Console?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken

@pizzaow

Spinner + Apprentice.

That would be awesome if you could, thankyou.

You play on PC or Console?

PC/EU :)
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome update to the build page @Masel92 :-)

I’ll keep you posted on any tweaks I make (if any) as I go and post the results for you.

Keep up the great work man. Together we can keep the mDK alive.

Edit: The only thing I’d change out is the bit about DW and crusher, and farming for the sword in Arx, unless you’re adding back a DW / Destro build at some point?

Also, if you get chance would you mind adding a video for the 3m and 6m parses just so myself and others can see it live to get an idea of optimum running and rotation?
    Edited by Cybercore_Death on December 12, 2017 1:23PM
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hitting 37K using the following rotation:

[start] Molten -> elemental susceptibility -> flames of oblivion -> trap -> meteor
    -rotation-
    [bar2] Wall of Elements->la->Eruption
    [bar1] Heavy -> Searing Strike -> Heavy -> Engulfing Flames
    [bar2] Wall of Elements->la->Flames of Oblivion
    [bar1] Heavy -> Searing Strike -> Heavy -> Engulfing Flames -> la -> trap

Keep a watch on Molten and Ultimate, recast molten if it's it's < 10 seconds and use the ultimate if it's up.

I like that it's simple... you have a lot of spare time on bar1 to look around and avoid mechanics if necessary. Bar 2 should be quick, and it just alternates between Eruption and Flames of Oblivion (and molten when necessary).

Here is a video, which might be helpful to some. Please let me know if you see any areas I can improve (other than missing a few la weaves and a full cast of eruption)... I'd like to push this to 40K.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQd1cguJV1w

Empower your ultimates with inner light. Instead of your meteor hitting for 32k... it might hit for 38k.

Ps... i love this build idea and i'm going to try it tonight. With martial knowledge though instead IA... since i have no IA staves. (except one ICE staff :neutral: )
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    Empower your ultimates with inner light. Instead of your meteor hitting for 32k... it might hit for 38k.

Ps... i love this build idea and i'm going to try it tonight. With martial knowledge though instead IA... since i have no IA staves. (except one ICE staff :neutral: )
    Thanks for the inner light tip; I think I have time to sneak in an empower without the dots falling off.

You shouldn't notice any difference between IA and MK. In my testing, they were exactly the same.

I've also been playing with a mid-range and a full range version of this build. If tests go well, I'll post a target dummy video.

Good luck with it

• Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the inner light tip; I think I have time to sneak in an empower without the dots falling off.

You shouldn't notice any difference between IA and MK. In my testing, they were exactly the same.

I've also been playing with a mid-range and a full range version of this build. If tests go well, I'll post a target dummy video.

Good luck with it

I look forward to seeing the results :-)
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with it

It shouldn't take much time at all... every time i empower an ulti, i tap the button for inner light and cancel the animation by using my ultimate. maybe half a second?

Also, i lied.. its not martial knowledge i have on as that 4 piece... i found that vampire lord set. Swaps 1 spell damage bonus with crit chance. Not sure if that'll be much different but i'll see what i can do with it. I just never found a charged MK lightning staff... not even in traders.

thanks again!
    Edited by jakeedmundson on December 13, 2017 7:41PM
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • hitman2nine
    hitman2nine
    ✭✭

Good luck with it

What blue cp are you running on this build?
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    @Asardes sorry to bring you into a thread but given your knowledge of the game i'm wondering if you have any input to this build that could be beneficial to getting more out of what we have.

I'm curious as to what you'd do with both @Masel92 and @pizzaow builds and rotations.

I'm currently still using the BSW / MK build and rotation i listed but now using 2 heavy Ilambris and have changed the CP to match that of Masel92 (which is working better overall for me that my previous setup).

Thanks in advance dude.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have time to complete my magicka DK build but I geared her up since I had all the gear in storage: 5 BSW 4 IA 2 Grothdarr. The char is more of a prop ATM though :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I didn't have time to complete my magicka DK build but I geared her up since I had all the gear in storage: 5 BSW 4 IA 2 Grothdarr. The char is more of a prop ATM though :)

Haha no worries. If you do ever get round to testing I’d be great full for any feedback you have :-)

I went the other way and got moondancer instead (only cos the drop rate seems to be higher than IA for me).

Between your help on my other thread and the guys on here I’m in a pretty good place for mDK atm. Hopefully it’ll stay that way lol

Also, thanks for replying and happy holidays :-)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moondancer drops more often since it's not mixed in with the trial specific sets in the Craglorn ones like IA - though I've been getting tons of IA, VO and especially Yokeda, and barely any trial specific set like Mending or TFS in my runs; if I'm not mistaken vMoL bosses also drop 2 pieces instead of one like the Craglorn ones so the overall drops are more numerous. In terms of DPS they are probably similar on DK: on pet Sorcerer Moondancer 3-4p is stronger due to the maximum magicka bonus, on NB and Templar, IA is stronger due to higher spell critical bonus. Jewels are easy to get, so it's probably better sticking with the set where you have an inferno staff. I'd say Maelstrom lightning back bar, probably nirnhoned will be best though, since as DK that will give you off-balance, but also contain your AoE skills; weaving heavy lightning at trash benefits from nirnhoned, since the damage scales mostly on your spell damage. There wasn't much of a difference between Julianos and BSW before the changes to the latter set - on average 80-100 spell damage, and now they are pretty much equal, but BSW has a slight edge on DK due to the fact it induces the burning status.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Moondancer drops more often since it's not mixed in with the trial specific sets in the Craglorn ones like IA - though I've been getting tons of IA, VO and especially Yokeda, and barely any trial specific set like Mending or TFS in my runs; if I'm not mistaken vMoL bosses also drop 2 pieces instead of one like the Craglorn ones so the overall drops are more numerous. In terms of DPS they are probably similar on DK: on pet Sorcerer Moondancer 3-4p is stronger due to the maximum magicka bonus, on NB and Templar, IA is stronger due to higher spell critical bonus. Jewels are easy to get, so it's probably better sticking with the set where you have an inferno staff. I'd say Maelstrom lightning back bar, probably nirnhoned will be best though, since as DK that will give you off-balance, but also contain your AoE skills; weaving heavy lightning at trash benefits from nirnhoned, since the damage scales mostly on your spell damage. There wasn't much of a difference between Julianos and BSW before the changes to the latter set - on average 80-100 spell damage, and now they are pretty much equal, but BSW has a slight edge on DK due to the fact it induces the burning status.

Exactly why i asked your opinion on this one.

I only did MoL (norm) for the first time the other week. Done a couple runs and dropped on enough gear for what i'd need (short one Shock staff but i have a 4 piece gear set i can work with) and did my first Vet trials last night (vAA). Dropped on gold ring and neck and a second ring in purple for IA, as well as a couple of body pieces (poor traits but still).

Sadly, i've still yet to do vMA. I get stuck on the Mech Spider boss on Seht's Balcony. Was hoping to be able to clear it once i sorted a nice 4/5 piece minor slayer set for the extra damage. But i also know part of it is my own fault for not keeping shields up as much as i should (mainly cos it cripples my magicka).
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Masel92 wrote: »
    I was about to update this this weekend, maybe you guys can help me, I haven't played this build in a while as I focused on my newer toons, such as stamina warden and stamina dk.

More than happy to help, although I'm on console and without combat metrics it's tough to get reliable numbers. Please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to do. Here are my thoughts on my current build and where I think it could be improved.

Gear
    The gear and skills I'm using are nearly exactly your recommendations for HoTR. I've run some tests with some other sets (spider cultist/elegance/bsw), but keep coming back to Julianos.

Rotation
    I'm pretty happy with this rotation; things are lining up well... From the few buffs I can see in the video, it doesn't look like skills are falling off or I'm casting too early. If you're running a guard setup you might have some extra time to get in a partial heavy attack.

Traits
    I'd like to do more trait testing; specifically a nirn front bar (IA) and charged back bar. My nirn/nirn tests were surprisingly disappointing. But, it's tough to tell without combat metrics if it was just bad RNG or if I messed up the rotation more than usual. I need to save up a few more transmutation crystals to try my charged maelstrom staff theory.

CP
    I'd really like to clear my entire blue tree, take down a centurion and see exactly where my damage is coming from (in combat metrics); I've seen some forms where you can enter that information and it will spit out the optimal setup. Currently, my setup is really just guesswork, I started with LordGodzilla's setup (above) and took a few points out of elfborn and into staff expert. When I get home I'll post what I'm currently using, but there is no science behind it.

Misc
    For the target dummy I think could optimize by casting engulfing earlier, and running standard. And, for some stupid reason I took the ice comet morph of meteor. I'm going to run another test with standard and re-morphed meteor.

I'm pretty much as above.

Gear
    I'm curious as to how close your setup is to mine in terms of numbers. And also whether its beneficial to go 7-0-0 / 5-1-1 / 5-0-2. I'm running 5-0-2 and find the extra defence and health to be beneficial. Also means i could get a away with using Tri-Stat food and not having too much of a health detriment. I'm also curious for Ilambris vs Skoria as they both seem to have pros and cons. I also dropped on 4 pieces of Moondancer the other week but need to gold them and retrait 2 pieces as they were something like impen and training.... go figure. Once i sort them i'll try a mix and match between MD, MK, Julianos, BSW, Skoria and Iceheart to see what comes out on top as well. I'm open to suggestion on this from as well. Still need to drop on a BSW Shock staff to be able to mix and match properly but i'll work with what i have for now.

Rotation
    I'll have to do a little testing and and mix and match i think. I should probably be using trap but it always felt like an awkward skill to run, the off one out if you like, when ever i added it to my rotation so i chose to leave it out in favour or double barring inner light,

Traits
    I'd like to get a definitive answer to this as well as charged seems to be recommended but the extra 240 spell damage from nirn should surely have an overall benefit.

CP
    Again, would be nice to get a definied 'optimal' setup to get the most out of everything.

I'm also open to working out the most optimal setup for vMA no death runs. With my current setup i can no death run nMA easily with minimal effort in about 30/40 mins give or take. Would be nice to get a couple vMA staves to add them to the mix and see how things turn out.

My current vMA setup, that also is probably the easiest one, is

I only did MoL (norm) for the first time the other week. Done a couple runs and dropped on enough gear for what i'd need (short one Shock staff but i have a 4 piece gear set i can work with) and did my first Vet trials last night (vAA). Dropped on gold ring and neck and a second ring in purple for IA, as well as a couple of body pieces (poor traits but still).

Sadly, i've still yet to do vMA. I get stuck on the Mech Spider boss on Seht's Balcony. Was hoping to be able to clear it once i sorted a nice 4/5 piece minor slayer set for the extra damage. But i also know part of it is my own fault for not keeping shields up as much as i should (mainly cos it cripples my magicka).

You don't need to shield on that boss... Drop blockade and heavy attack weave embers and flame lash until the boss moves out of the blockade and repeat. Drop your destro ultimate as soon as he stops moving, put dots down and move back a bit to pull the sphere inside the destro ultimate. Then try to keep flame lash up as much as possible and execute him :smile:
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to update this this weekend, maybe you guys can help me, I haven't played this build in a while as I focused on my newer toons, such as stamina warden and stamina dk.

More than happy to help, although I'm on console and without combat metrics it's tough to get reliable numbers. Please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to do. Here are my thoughts on my current build and where I think it could be improved.

Gear
    The gear and skills I'm using are nearly exactly your recommendations for HoTR. I've run some tests with some other sets (spider cultist/elegance/bsw), but keep coming back to Julianos.

Rotation
    I'm pretty happy with this rotation; things are lining up well... From the few buffs I can see in the video, it doesn't look like skills are falling off or I'm casting too early. If you're running a guard setup you might have some extra time to get in a partial heavy attack.

Traits
    I'd like to do more trait testing; specifically a nirn front bar (IA) and charged back bar. My nirn/nirn tests were surprisingly disappointing. But, it's tough to tell without combat metrics if it was just bad RNG or if I messed up the rotation more than usual. I need to save up a few more transmutation crystals to try my charged maelstrom staff theory.

CP
    I'd really like to clear my entire blue tree, take down a centurion and see exactly where my damage is coming from (in combat metrics); I've seen some forms where you can enter that information and it will spit out the optimal setup. Currently, my setup is really just guesswork, I started with LordGodzilla's setup (above) and took a few points out of elfborn and into staff expert. When I get home I'll post what I'm currently using, but there is no science behind it.

Misc
    For the target dummy I think could optimize by casting engulfing earlier, and running standard. And, for some stupid reason I took the ice comet morph of meteor. I'm going to run another test with standard and re-morphed meteor.

I'm pretty much as above.

Gear
    I'm curious as to how close your setup is to mine in terms of numbers. And also whether its beneficial to go 7-0-0 / 5-1-1 / 5-0-2. I'm running 5-0-2 and find the extra defence and health to be beneficial. Also means i could get a away with using Tri-Stat food and not having too much of a health detriment. I'm also curious for Ilambris vs Skoria as they both seem to have pros and cons. I also dropped on 4 pieces of Moondancer the other week but need to gold them and retrait 2 pieces as they were something like impen and training.... go figure. Once i sort them i'll try a mix and match between MD, MK, Julianos, BSW, Skoria and Iceheart to see what comes out on top as well. I'm open to suggestion on this from as well. Still need to drop on a BSW Shock staff to be able to mix and match properly but i'll work with what i have for now.

Rotation

Traits

CP

My current vMA setup, that also is probably the easiest one, is

You don't need to shield on that boss... Drop blockade and heavy attack weave embers and flame lash until the boss moves out of the blockade and repeat. Drop your destro ultimate as soon as he stops moving, put dots down and move back a bit to pull the sphere inside the destro ultimate. Then try to keep flame lash up as much as possible and execute him :smile:

Once you'd updated the thread i changed my CP to match yours and noticed a massive difference all round to to for my own skill set up and yours and @pizzaow as well. Superb work :-)

The only thing i still do difference to you guys is the 5-0-2 for weight so i get a little more overall health and defence but everything else is spot on.

Also thanks for the pointers for vMA. I'll have a crack at it again at some point this week and see how i go. Thankyou.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thr new pts notes dont look promising for this in PVE
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Banana wrote: »

Yeah it stands and falls with the cooldown. Based on my testing from tonight, I can say that the cooldown only gets applied when off-balance actually runs out. As long as concussion and a lightning blockade stays up, so will off-balance. Question is whether it is intended that way. Target dummies behave just like that with no cooldown whatsoever after you stun the enemy.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah it stands and falls with the cooldown. Based on my testing from tonight, I can say that the cooldown only gets applied when off-balance actually runs out. As long as concussion and a lightning blockade stays up, so will off-balance. Question is whether it is intended that way. Target dummies behave just like that with no cooldown whatsoever after you stun the enemy.

Hopefully ZOS won´t "fix" that or I feel like magicka DK will be even less desirable in vet-raids. Yet I see people complaining about off-balance as an issue now that the PTS notes are up. Sometimes I don´t get people. Off-balance has been the best (if not only way) for a magicka DK to even function in a raid-scenario since Morrowind. In raids a high uptime of off-balance has been a way to increase DPS for the entire raid, but in my opinion the only class that actually needed off-balance was magicka DK. No other class needed it (even though they benefited of it).
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Hopefully ZOS won´t "fix" that or I feel like magicka DK will be even less desirable in vet-raids. Yet I see people complaining about off-balance as an issue now that the PTS notes are up. Sometimes I don´t get people. Off-balance has been the best (if not only way) for a magicka DK to even function in a raid-scenario since Morrowind. In raids a high uptime of off-balance has been a way to increase DPS for the entire raid, but in my opinion the only class that actually needed off-balance was magicka DK. No other class needed it (even though they benefited of it).

Exactly. Off-balance is great, and it doesn't hurt anyone on the PvP side. Yeah you can stun players now, but they have to stand in your blockade for long enough.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    At this point is it worth then craftig a full fire based build as a back up and trying to add a few more ranged skills in the mix to see what can be achieved?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    If they leave it as it is, the build got even better. As long as you keep off-balance up, it doesn't change and the double resource return doesn't hurt either.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    If they leave it as it is, the build got even better. As long as you keep off-balance up, it doesn't change and the double resource return doesn't hurt either.

This is good to know, thanks man.

If you wouldn’t mind, keep us updated on the thread as to anything significant that comes up during PTS, I know patch notes don’t always fully reflect how things play.
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Question for @Masel92 @pizzaow @Asardes

If you were to drop the two piece monster set an replace it with a 1 piece that increased either spell damage or crit and then ran with 5 IA, 5 BSW and 1 Monster (I would assume Kena or Iceheart) and a vMA staff back bar would, and used the rotation as demonstrated by pizzaow, would there be a significant increase or deacrease in DPS won the 5 piece buff from IA? Granted wth changes coming with Dragon bones things may change, just curious.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IA would only increase your damage in a significant way when running solo since in groups you usually have enough uptime to Minor Vulnerability from heavy attack on off-balanced enemies. But that may change in the next patch since potential concussed/off-balance will be cut for the enemies that matter, namely trial and dungeon bosses, from upwards of 90% to less than 30% due to the fact that once off-balanced, they will receive 15s of immunity to that effect. Also this change will greatly affect the DK ability to use the free Flame Lash against off-balanced enemies, so you will probably need to heavy attack much more than nowadays. So I would go for 5 BSW 5IA front bar, Maelstrom lightning nirnhoned (solo) and inferno infused or precise (groups) since the healers will probably keep using lightning backbar next patch. Also if someone else is using IA in the group, you can drop one piece and use a full monster set, preferably Grotharr, Skoria or even the new Zaan. With the upcoming immunity it will suffice for one person to run it in 4 man content and 2, maybe 3 in a trial. With more the off-balance chance will not increase, but DPS will decrease since flame blockade is stronger and puts additional debuffs on target, that have no cooldown. So

Solo: 5 BSW 5 IA w Maelstrom lightning backbar and 1 monster set that gives maximum magicka/spell damage/spell critical
    Group: 5 BSW or Julianos 4 IA w Maelstrom inferno back bar and 2 Grothdarr/Skoria/Zaan

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters: