The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buyer Beware - you may permanently Loose 9 racial skill points from race change

NewBlacksmurf
NewBlacksmurf
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey SUPPORT STAFF,

I've opened a ticket after having Guinevere Christophe race and name change which resulted in missing or a loss of 9 skill points.

These skill points were all under the race and after the change, all were removed but not refunded.
I tried to pay for a morph reset hoping that would trigger something.

I also have logged in and out multiple times
Because I couldn't resolve this myself in 3 days I've opened a ticket which received a non-helpful response suggesting they would close my ticket due to high volume.

Ticket #161213-001322

Edit:
Service was not able to restore the points. Even further....the only realistic suggestions were to delete save data, /reload UI and to hard reset my Xbox one. They closed my ticket and only were willing to refund the crowns but couldn't or wouldn't also revert the replace and name change so my main character now permanently is missing 9 skill points
Edited by NewBlacksmurf on December 15, 2016 6:05PM
-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Morph Reset would not recover them. A Skill Reset should recover them. But it is something you should have done anyway before the Class Change, just like if you were to cure Vampirism.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to rest all skills.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I paid for a race change and now I have to pay ingame for a skill reset for a real money transaction....cause of a bug or poor prgamming?

I disagree that it's something I should've done as the crown store doesn't suggest this but to be even more clear, why doesn't the race change reset skills ?????
    Name change with race change.....3500 crowns for a bug that require more money or gold

Cmon I'm going to roll the dice with this ticket first. That's silly stupid
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on December 13, 2016 10:01PM
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    So I paid for a race change and now I have to pay ingame for a skill reset for a real money transaction....cause of a bug or poor prgamming?

I disagree that it's something I should've done as the crown store doesn't suggest this but to be even more clear, why doesn't the race change reset skills ?????
    Name change with race change.....3500 crowns for a bug that require more money or gold

Cmon I'm going to roll the dice with this ticket first. That's silly stupid

I've done a heap of these an XBox EU, and the notes clearly state you are refunded race passive skill points each time you reset race, and I have been refunded every time.
    It is clearly a bug for yourself so chase them hard on the support ticket...you are in the right.
    It is entirely different to vamp or WW.
    I don't mean to sound rude to other posters, just stating Zos's own notes.

Cheers. :smile:
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom including @ZOS_DaryaK

Based on the ticket replies they are saying they can't restore my 9 skill points

And to wait on a patch regarding an unconfirmed update

Can you then refund me the 3,000 crowns since you accepted people to buy the race change scroll but can't restore the 9 skill points and that they aren't restored by a skill reset....based on the ticket replies

This is crazy guys can you look into even @ZOS_RichLambert
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well....this is just terrible