Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PvP Stamplar Sets

EldritchPenguin
EldritchPenguin
✭✭✭✭✭
Well, it is 2:30 in the morning, and this is one of the many questions keeping me up right now.

What crafted set should I use for a PvP Stamplar? I'm planning on running a 2-Hander and a Bow, and I'm pairing this crafted set with Senche's Bite, because I'm a hipster and really don't want to contribute to the damage proc set epidemic.

So far, I'm considering Hunding's Rage for good overall damage, Clever Alchemist for insane burst, and Eternal Hunt for synergy with Senche.

I'm just trying to decide which I should roll with. Unfortunately, I might end up hiring someone to build this set for me, since I'm nowhere near 9 traits on my medium armor, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Thank you for your time.
Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade

Best Answers

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would t recommend senches bite on anything other than a nb.the 5 second boost is too short when your main dps is a channel.

I love clever alchemist, I ran it for a long time, the best way to do it is to make your back bar weapon your 5th alchemist and cram as many sets as you can on your main attack bar. However with 2h/bow you can go 5 body alchemist.

Definitely look into hulking draugr as its just gonna give you a whole lot of resource and dmg potential.

Hundings isn't a bad choice as far as crafting sets go though.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
    Answer ✓
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would t recommend senches bite on anything other than a nb.the 5 second boost is too short when your main dps is a channel.

I love clever alchemist, I ran it for a long time, the best way to do it is to make your back bar weapon your 5th alchemist and cram as many sets as you can on your main attack bar. However with 2h/bow you can go 5 body alchemist.

Definitely look into hulking draugr as its just gonna give you a whole lot of resource and dmg potential.

I'll definitely be taking your advice. I think I'll probably end up running something like 5 Alchemist, 5 Hulk (maybe Spriggan until I can get Hulk?), and try to go for a Maelstrom maul with a generic bow with a Weapon Damage enchant. Thank you very much.

If you're a red guard/imperial/Orc and maybe even nord you can get away with 3 agility 5 alchemist maelstrom 2h and your choice of undaunted. Spriggan is nice.. Will definitely help against heavy armor users. Personally I traded in alchemist for hulking and I can just off set the health difference with an enchant or two.
    K-Hole
    Answer ✓
  • DarkDeller
    Tjats would be front bar 2h spriggin, 1 spriggan body amd 3 jewellery. Back bar alchemest bow with 4 other armour pieces and head shoulder validreth. Phy penetration ftw
    Answer ✓
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll definitely be taking your advice. I think I'll probably end up running something like 5 Alchemist, 5 Hulk (maybe Spriggan until I can get Hulk?), and try to go for a Maelstrom maul with a generic bow with a Weapon Damage enchant. Thank you very much.

• NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt run a crafted set besides maybe clever alchemist. Wear 5 fury 5 viper(until nerf) 2 veli or 5 red mountain
    Edited by NoFlash on December 22, 2016 10:47AM
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Dillpat
    Dillpat
    ✭✭✭
    well on my stamplar if i go pvp on him i tend to run 2 undaunted, mostly either 1 storm first 1 spawn, 2 veli or 2 trollking depending on how zergy it is. then with the rest of the gear i run 5 rose and 5 marksman s/b 2h mostly because stamplar skills cost so much and marks gives nice sustain to them and paired with rose it helps their lack of sustain alot. if you like to roll tho ofc you could try 5 air with three jewl 1 armour 1 bow or 2h as it gives very nice stam recovery and you get 100 less dmg from senche. also on stamplar the max food stam RECOVERY food is very nice imo, i have about 35k stamina on my stamplar in 2 veli 5 rose 5 marks (2x reduce cost 1x dmg for azura or 2x dmg 1x recovery for normal) and with out the potion buff im on about 2k stam recovery
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw Essa-Ka out showcasing his new build at the rawl'kha duel circle yesterday. It's the epitome of all that's wrong with PVP right now (on the stamina side of things) - Tremorscale x2, Viper x5, Red Mountain x5, using DW/2h. He procs tremorscale using the Undaunted taunt in order to help him close the gap, and seems to basically just spam rending slashes, jabs, and rearming trap. It's stupidly effective - nobody had an answer for him.
    Edited by Kutsuu on December 19, 2016 5:39PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    Saw Essa-Ka out showcasing his new build at the rawl'kha duel circle yesterday. It's the epitome of all that's wrong with PVP right now (on the stamina side of things) - Tremorscale x2, Viper x5, Red Mountain x5, using DW/2h. He procs tremorscale using the Undaunted taunt in order to help him close the gap, and seems to basically just spam rending slashes, jabs, and rearming trap. It's stupidly effective - nobody had an answer for him.

I legit laughed reading this knowing Essa.
    K-Hole
  • DarkDeller
    5 spriggin, 5 alchemest and 2 validreth
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Green Pact
    5 Spriggin (1hd and shield with jewelry)
    1 Maelstrom 2 handed off bar
    2 Piece Veri or Troll Kings (Depending On Race and if they nerf Veri)

Run the new Stamina/Stamina Recovery food.

25k+ Health/37k+ Stamina with 1.5k Stamina Recovery 25k+ resists and 2700+ Weapon Damage.

That's as Imperial
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm running 5 trainee 5 ravager 1 Kra'agh 1 blood spawn and it feels great
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I legit laughed reading this knowing Essa.

Yeah I mean he'd kill people either way - Essa is a legit good player. That build though. haha.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God damn. It almost doesn't even matter what class he picked at that point. Jabs sounds like it's just a formality with a build like that.

If you're a red guard/imperial/Orc and maybe even nord you can get away with 3 agility 5 alchemist maelstrom 2h and your choice of undaunted. Spriggan is nice.. Will definitely help against heavy armor users. Personally I traded in alchemist for hulking and I can just off set the health difference with an enchant or two.
    I might just have to roll with that.

• NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    awesome input guys. stamplar hype
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 ravager 5 spriggan 1 blood spawn
    5heavy 2 medium
    1two handed of ravager
    S&B of agility
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spriggan will help a stamplar against even medium and light users (outside of shields) since they don't have easy access to major fracture without running 1h/shield Puncture.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB