Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Plz Hely my Stamina Nightblade!

25agosto
25agosto
✭✭
Hi guys, i'm italian, and I can't write very well in english, but i will do my best.....
I've played for like 6 months at release of eso "free" version, without monthly subscription. I build a stamina nightblade, and i reach the VR2, then, i stop playing.... until now.....
Now i have a useless NB, with no damage, no health, and i can't do anything like killing boss, dolmen, minidungeon... i can only kill mobs, and the minor bosses.
My set-up is:

https://goo.gl/photos/MEUYx4k4PAXx42Fw7

I've unlocked all the passive of all the classes in the photos, except fighters and mages guilds.

I fully completed:
Stonefalls
Deshaan
Shadowfen
The Rift
Eastmarch
Glenumbra
Rivenspire
Stormhaven

And i'm going to complete at th moment Alik'r Desert, but with a lot of problems regarding boss and dungeons.

the only dungeon i've completed IN NORMAL MODE are Fungal grotto, Arx Corinium, Darkshade Caverns, Blessed Crucible, Direfrost Keep and Volenfell.

My actual set is:

https://goo.gl/photos/gzLHgWDktqCzaJUn7

I wish someone can help me point in right direction for the best way to play easily and fun..... now i'm destroying my mouse and keyboard for the angry
  • Cavarka
    Cavarka
    ✭✭✭
    25agosto wrote: »
    now i'm destroying my mouse and keyboard for the angry

I hope others can help you. As a fellow stamblade I feel your pain. It is getting better for me now around 230cp and as I learn to play better. I can solo some public dungeon bosses now. My next mission is to get vigor, a PvP skill that self heals, hope will help.

But getting from 0 to where I am now cost me one controller that I....ahem...was a little hard on. *Smashed that sucker and it felt goooooood*
  • Teek
    Teek
    You are not supposed to solo kill bosses anymore. Everything scales now, and they are group content. You can not outlevel a boss and simply faceroll him anymore. Same for dolmens...
    Yes it is still possible to solo some of this content, but it is simply not meant to be.
    Find a nice guild and do the group content with friends. Prevents you from being angry because you can't solo group content.
    And if it really makes you angry, stop playing. Gaming is about fun, and that's it.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't be trying to solo group content. Delves and quests are solo content. World Bosses, Dungeons, and Dolmens are meant to be done with other players. There is a group finder for Dungeons.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    25agosto wrote: »
    Hi guys, i'm italian, and I can't write very well in english, but i will do my best.....
    I've played for like 6 months at release of eso "free" version, without monthly subscription. I build a stamina nightblade, and i reach the VR2, then, i stop playing.... until now.....
    Now i have a useless NB, with no damage, no health, and i can't do anything like killing boss, dolmen, minidungeon... i can only kill mobs, and the minor bosses.
    My set-up is:

https://goo.gl/photos/MEUYx4k4PAXx42Fw7

I've unlocked all the passive of all the classes in the photos, except fighters and mages guilds.

I fully completed:
    Stonefalls
    Deshaan
    Shadowfen
    The Rift
    Eastmarch
    Glenumbra
    Rivenspire
    Stormhaven

And i'm going to complete at th moment Alik'r Desert, but with a lot of problems regarding boss and dungeons.

the only dungeon i've completed IN NORMAL MODE are Fungal grotto, Arx Corinium, Darkshade Caverns, Blessed Crucible, Direfrost Keep and Volenfell.

My actual set is:

https://goo.gl/photos/gzLHgWDktqCzaJUn7

I wish someone can help me point in right direction for the best way to play easily and fun..... now i'm destroying my mouse and keyboard for the angry

Hey @25agosto

Im a stamina nightblade also.

Get to CP160 and work on getting better gear.

I would advise you to get Night Mothers Gaze set - 5 pieces medium divines. (or 2 sharpened daggers and 3 divines + sharpened bow back bar)
    If you get 5 pieces of NMG armor, go for a 2 set of sharp daggers like Leki's.
    Also suggest you do daily pledges for keys in order to get a monster set. Options there are Kra'ghs and Velidreths.
    3 Pieces of Agility purple Jewellery in robust, all with weapon damage enchants

As stated above, world bosses etc are not ideal for solo play, its possible with the right setup.
    Also like @Cavarka said, do the pvp for a couple hours to get a stamina heal called vigor from Assault skill line.
    It is a valuable tool.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Levelled a Stam night blade without PvP. The most useful skills for questing or soloing dolmens are Mirage, killer's blade and reaper's mark. The idea with night blade is to prioritise your targets and focus them down. It isn't about aoe (although you can still do it with dual wield steel tornado) but rather killing effectively.

Usually I mark the healer or anyone I think has low armor (cloth or leather), Ambush - rapid strikes - killer's blade. I then Mirage and I Ambush any runners like archers or another spell caster. And continue the rotation.

With dolmens I do a running battle with Mirage always up. I almost always use potions because it gets me ultimate as well. Even if the potions are low level, the idea here is to get ultimate up as soon as possible. Ultimates I use are soul tether and dawn breaker.

Gear wise I use akaviri dragon guard, hundings rage and two piece agility weapons that you can get from random normal. Don't keep sets that are below cp 160, you won't have much space for them.

I farm east March for the dragon guard set and I do a loop of dolmens, delves and dungeons.

Got me from lvl 20-50 in about 6 hours, gaining lots of mats and gold. Cp grind is harder but still doable in two days to reach cp160. I'm sure there are it here that did faster but it wasn't as boring when I did mine.

Hope this helps.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to PvP and play there until you have Vigor. It's literally a game changer on stamina NBs.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A brief recommended setup to get you to champion 160:

Gear: 5 piece Hundings Rage, but make the traits divines. Recommend weapons in Hundings, precise or sharpened. Pick a second stamina set that comes in jewelry and get five pieces. There are many - look them up on the wiki and pick one. Many are very cheap in guild stores. I like bahara's curse for players with less than 160 champion points. It's cheap, or easy to get in the thieves guild areas. The Baharas jewelry only comes in blue, FYI. It's tough to find jewelry sets that are less than c160, so you might play the thieves guild,main line and do dailies / repeatsbles to get a set to play with to 160.

Wear five pieces of medium and two heavy.

Mundus: serpent for stam recovery, until you're more advanced and want thief or another.

Dual wield bar: shrouded daggers, ambush, piercing mark, killers blade, bloodthirst, flawless dawnbraker
    Two handed: rally, siphoning strikes or mass hysteria, dark cloak, the 2h execute, vigor (play pvp to get it....you need about 85,000 AP), werewolf ultimate
    Bow: poison inject, acid apray or snipe, rally, mass hysteria or siphoning, dark cloak, wolf

Champion:

Blue: all in mighty for now. You're working toward 90 mighty, 30 precise strike before you worry about anything else.
    Red: split between hardy and element defend until you have 120 between them
    Green: warlord and stamina recovery for now.

Content you can handle right now:

Delves, public dungeons (NOT the ones with plus signs), any world quests. Check out craglorn quests and delves - these just switched to single player.

Content you can handle with 2-4 others:

World bosses and world boss dailies, undaunted (group) dungeons on normal mode, some vet undaunted dungeons.

Content you should wait on:

The harder vet 4 person dungeons, vet maelstrom arena, 12 person trials.

Once you hit 160:

Start turning your armor purple/gold. Get good jewelry. Enchant things appropriately. Start playing group dailies to earn c160'monster helm sets. Engine guardian is a life changer for a stam nightblade.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I've always done when leveling a new stamblade who doesn't have vigor (I have several stamblades) is drop a reaper's mark on the nearest target and, while AOEing all the mobs down with steel tornado, I do my light attack weaves on that mob so it dies first. If I still need a heal after getting that one big heal, I will killer's blade a mob or two. Usually the simple reaper's mark is enough healing for each pull.

It can be worth using Brawler until you get Mark unlocked... but it's a lot slower than tornado.
    Edited by Kutsuu on December 21, 2016 2:32PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestions for Vigor:

Everyone is telling you to earn vigor, but I didn't include any suggestions on how to level for it. They're right, vigor is ESSENTIAL for a stamblade. Here's some help.

You need to get to assault rank 5. That's a total of 98,000 AP. Note - if you like pvp you might keep going to 185,000 AP and assault 6. Caltrops is a great stamblade aoe attack. But let's start w vigor and earning that AP.

1. Play a busy 30 day campaign. More players means more AP in the pool.

2. Keep defense provides massive AP. Go to big battles and defend. Use your bow from the wall and you can get 1,000 AP for each kill. Even if you can't get good kills, when you successfully defend a keep in a big battle, it's common to earn 5,000-10,000 AP. A player with lower champion points like you will get the most AP in defense battles.

3. As a stamblade, you're a natural ganker. Find the path enemy players are taking to the battle, get on a rock, and snipe them when they're on their mounts. This is harder and slower than defense, but you will get 1500ish AP per kill. You'll probably get killed a lot.

4. For a little extra AP, do wall repairs. If you hate pvp, you can get to vigor doing nothing except wall repairs. Spend gold on wall repair kits, go to any friendly keep and fix things. You can easily get 2,000 AP from any keep, especially the ones off to the sides, the walls are always a little broken. Note - at 90 gold per kit, getting to assault 5 only with wall repair will cost about 120,000 gold, so it isn't cheap.

5. There are five repeatable quests at your base: catch a specific scroll, capture a specific keep, scout a specific location, capture a specific resource, kill 20 of a certain class. Carry all of these quests while you pvp, and complete them where you can. They award 500-1000 AP each. If you hate pvp, make an empty campaign your guest campaign and go into that. Take the scout and resource capture quests and get two kind of close together (abandon and pick up new ones if they're far apart). Pull up a map and go collect sky shards in that area, and do your two little quests. Bam...that's 1500 AP.

Following these suggestions, you can earn vigor in 3-5 pvp sessions. Have fun!
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your geat is all CP 20.

Craft a stamina set in heavy for easy pve