The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PROC SETS!!!!!!

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    Proc sets are must-have, especially for stamina characters, and this alone should be a red flag they are too powerful. But for now I notice they level the playing field between newer players and experienced players (ie proc sets give them a legitimate fighting chance) and that I feel is positive. However in the hands of Max cp players who are also skilled -- that the sets need toned down is clear.

I'd start with proc percentage and aoe radius (thinking of infernal guardian and velidreth) but not necessarily the damage. Mitigating or avoiding damage is a learn to play issue and high damage combos are numerous

you do realize that the proc sets folks are talking about is viper, red mountain, widowmaker right? you do realize those alone pull higher dps then any mage toon can pull in pvp because those sets are not affected by the pvp damage debuff.

You realize you don't know what you're talking about? First, the OP has clearly stated its a thread about all proc sets, magicka and stamina so don't change the topic to 3 of those proc sets. Second, if you really think that only stamina players have proc sets you are wrong. Skoria often hits for over 7k and if you manage to keGrothdarr Third, proc sets are burst damage not sustained damage, which leads me to think you don't know what DPS actually means. DPS is damage per second, so its a mesure of sustained damage (not burst). A stamina build stacking 3 proc sets will have very high burst but very low sustained damage. A magicka build (say magicka sorc) will have very good burst and good sustained damage or (say magicka templar) low burst and high sustained damage. Last but not least, the proc sets are affected by Battle Spirit so you're just spreading misinformation here.

first things, magicka based proc sets are no where close as op as stamina procs, also most of them can be countered/avoided. grothdarr, just stay more then 5m away when it procs, same for shock master, scathing mage ect. skoria is the only one that you cannot hard counter, but between its cool down and very low proc chance it actually does not play a big role. wereas on the other side, red mountain, viper, and widowmaker allow for any 2 of those to be combined together with options to combine with monster set if you wanna weapon swap or use dw or s/b. there are no counters to any of them as they proc directly on the person. so dont even think to compare stamina procs to magicka procs. magicka procs are hell balanced. even vicious death is balanced.
    Jim6270 wrote: »
    As I see it there is one very good thing about proc sets: You cannot make a build have skills and then play in superman mode ... you have to focus a lot on what the other players are using ect, because when you figth a person with proc sets you cannot allow your health to go low because rigth procs togeather with ulti and CC and you will die no matter what .... so this pacth you need more skills and there is more challenge in staying alive and not get killed.

This actualy make PvP more fun then everyone and their mother being in heavy armor and S&B going around killing people wile they have 5-10 man on them. I like the changes because PvP feels more alive and I need to be more focus and allert when people jump me.

In MMOs people always whine when they get killed insted of figering out how to work around it .... I just think the proc sets made a balance to the game.

You can still 1vX, still overpower others, you can still say Skills are bigger then gear, you dont need proc sets your self, you just need to be more allert and alive in PvP .... so I seriosly dont get the point of all the whining

rofl you think proc sets made a balance to the game? rofl yes cause its real balanced what a duel 2nd gap close on a person then run away and repeat. yes cause that so balanced a guy just gap closing to proc armor procs is so freaking balanced. also they so balanced when they are not debuffed by pvp damage debuff, are coupled with the strongest skills in the game. sry but proc sets have put pvp beyond what pvp was when they instituted the damage debuff because zos said PEOPLE WERE DYING TO FAST THEY HAD NO CHANCE TO RESPOND AND NOW THEY HAVE EVEN LESS TIME TO RESPOND THANKS TO PROC SETS.

This post just made me laugh. Any good player can outplay a bad player who is stacking proc sets. This is apparently not the case for you. Any good player can adjust their build to go against proc sets.

rofl you do realize that unless you can sustainly block without running out of stamina, have a 30k health and able to heal for 20k+ every 4s, you will die to procs each and every time no matter how good you are or how bad the opponent is. unless of course you cheat through otherways.

That last part... L2P issue and I don't say that often. I can beat proc set user just fine on a dual wield magicka sorcerer, aka something considered completely not viable. Why can I do it and you can't? Maybe cause I've actually put time into my build and spent time learning to PvP properly against the current meta. I'm not the only one. There are plenty of players out there who are much better than me, who can deal with proc sets too. Sure its hard, hard enough for a lot of people to not want to struggle. Proc sets are most effective in a duel and plenty of players can beat a proc user, including myself. So if you're saying that its absolutely impossible to beat a proctato without cheating (which I can't as I'm on console) you clearly have no clue in how to adjust yourself to the meta or how to adjust your build to the meta.
    According to your logic a magicka build that can wipe out an entire group of players with Vicious Death is balanced and a stamina proc build who can one-shot one target every 4 seconds isn't? Vicious Death isn't exactly the most balanced thing in the game either.
    Here have a read on what I've posted earlier, we are on the same side here. Its just that you're waaaay over-dramaticising things. I don't want to repeat myself.
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Can't chose an option poll is biased.

Proc sets are the reason magicka DPS in trials is as good as it is now.
    The Proctato(TM) sets are: Viper, Veli, Tremor, Widow, Red Mountain.

I'd love to know which one of them is used for magicka dps.
    It's not hard to make a poll unbiased, unless a biased poll isn't not your goal.

How long until this topic proccs a dead horse gif?
    Proctato(TM) builds are carcinogenic to healthy PvP and deserve every bit of scorn and ridicule they get.

All procs for magic and stamina are ruining pvp. They need to and will be nurfed

@Dk_needs_a_buff I don't agree that all proc sets are ruining PvP. Before, not one ever complained about Skoria, Bloodspawn, Molag Kena or any other proc set used by itself. Stacking of proc sets is the issue. Viper by itself is still kinda OP because of the consistant proc chance, but you won't 1 shot anyone with it. Tremor by itself is OP I'll agree to that, especially the long lasting snare and the high proc chance, make it too easily abusable. Grothdarr isn't OP (but I did hear it was bugged in that it was over-proc'ing). Selene isn't OP cause of the balanced proc chance (but it is bugged). Velidreth is a tough one, it can be borderline OP in the right hands aka gankblade. Ilambris isn't OP. Infernal Guardian is bugged so no discussion needed. Skoria isn't OP. Red Mountain isn't OP. Widow isn't OP. Nerien'eth isn't OP. Sellistrix isn't OP. Stormfist isn't OP. Kra'gh isn't OP. Thunder bug isn't OP. Winterborn sucks. By themselves, most monster sets and proc sets are fine in terms of balance, although there are some obvious exceptions that are either easily abusable, bugged or simply just too strong. Those exceptions are the ones that need nerfing.

Now there are also some proc sets that are defensive or utility based, like Engine Guardian (isn't OP), Bloodspawn (isn't OP), Chokethorn (isn't OP), Shadowrend (is pretty crap, although Blobs makes pretty good use of it), Maw of the Infernal (crap), Bogdan Nightflame (crap), Lord Warden (isn't OP), Molag Kena (isn't OP), Scathing Mage (isn't OP), Spell Power Cure (isn't OP), Burning Spellweave (isn't OP), Ravager (isn't OP), Seventh Legion (very strong, but isn't OP cause the other set boni are just bad for the most part). There are some like Malubeth and Troll King especially that are really over the top and need nerfing.

Bottom line is, proc sets add RNG to a fight. It can be a good thing and a bad thing. The good thing is that you gotta pay attention all the time and it makes the fights less monotonous (the animations for most of them are pretty damn sweet too). With such a variety of different sets each providing something different, it just adds so much "spice" to the game. The bad thing is that you can kill someone who you wouldn't have killed just because of a lucky proc. So in a situation where skill is prioritized, certain proc sets can simply be banned, for example in duels. In other situations, like in trials proc sets are fine. Since we are talking PvP, where we have gankers or unkillable tanks, proc sets are acceptable. I don't think that a complete removal of proc sets is a possible future, nor do I think that it would be good for the game.

The stacking of proc sets is the real problem. The root of that problem is that some sets are over performing like Viper, Tremor and Velidreth (in some cases) or others are bugged like Infernal Guardian (the new Magelight), Selene (double proc), etc. If ZOS can find a way to prevent exploitive stacking of proc sets and if they can balance/fix the ones mentioned above (among others I certainly must have missed) without making them useless, I think that PvP will be fine from the proc set perspective. There are still other problems like the Eye of the Storm morph which doesn't have any legit counters (aside from running away from a fight -_- and I doubt that ZOS wants to encourage fleeing) and some other abilities that are over the top, but that's a discussion for another day.

So yeah, that's my opinion on proc sets. Keep in mind, I don't use proc sets on my characters, so its not the reason I'm defending them (more like defending the concept of proc sets). I run a magicka sorcerer with 1 piece Ilambris and 1 piece Grothdarr. I also don't use the FotM proc sets on my stamina characters. I run a medium armor stamblade with 1 Kra'gh and 1 Velidreth, a stamina DK tank with Bloodspawn and a stamina sorcerer with Engine Guardian. Just saying that I'm not defending proc sets because I abuse them too like so many others. Nice day to you all.

@thankyourat just read what I posted earlier, I've already said everything there and don't want to repeat myself. ^^^^^^

dude if you killed someone wearing proc gear, either 1. they were not trying to kill you. or 2. you had a group with you.

Aren't you funny. I never knew duels and 1vX are group activities. You know with shield stacking even if all the procs go off at the same time, your health won't be touched right? Cause shields aren't crittable. So Viper is going to do just over 3.5k damage, Tremor around 4k and Red Mountain around 4k. My shields are 24k. A 14k Hardened Ward and a 10k Harness Magic. Now if maths is that hard, all the damage from every single proc equals to 11.5k. Less than half of my shields. Except lets be honest here, people don't stack all 3 proc sets because they will be too squishy otherwise, so the sacrifice Red Mountain for Black Rose. They typically have around 25-26k health. Its not hard to do 26k damage on a magicka sorcerer with a well timed burst and a lucky crit or two. A burst that takes around 4 seconds to pull off. Mines > Curse > Fury > Meteor > Streak > Frags. So if you seriously think that its impossible to beat a proc set user without him trying to kill you or being solo, you really need to learn to play. Like seriously. Weren't you the one who thought that its also impossible to solo vet Cradle of Shadows?

you do know that if you cast 2 shields between attacks the opponent isnt trying to kill you? also shields dont shield much, 1 shield = 1 player skill covered. so no actually it doesnt. proc sets will rip your health apart so fast you wont be able to do squat on top of that shields cost so much you are nerfing your capabilities to match just thier skill based damage let alone thier proc based damage. out of stealth if they cannot hit you off 6-8k weapon attack + another 4-5k heavy attack + 5-7k viper proc they not built right. most people who cannot take down a shielding opponent are relying on crit for damage not weapon power/stamina. also fyi shields only stop opponent from critical striking, the convers though is that your shields take full damage.

Well who between you and me is having trouble with beating stamina proc builds? I don't know how long it takes you to reapply your shields but if you animation cancel them properly you're shielded up really quick. You act as if I don't know anything about the mechanics of the sorcerer class although I've gained that class ever since I've started playing ESO. You also know that you can place your burst while shielding. Curse takes 3.5 seconds to blows up for unblock able damage during that time you can reapply your hardened ward if needed, proc a frag drop the meteor streak through the dude, turn around and drop the frag. Those shields are pretty much permanent too, because I reapply them every time I bar swap and I have one on each bar. So no you don't need to be out of combat to keep your shields up. I can send you a video or something if you want. I'm getting tired of this useless debate with someone who clearly doesn't understand how to play. And Viper is never going to hit for 5-7k without a critical hit, no matter how someone is built. The tooltip value is static, it doesn't scale off any stats aside from CP into Mighty and your critical hit damage.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets are must-have, especially for stamina characters, and this alone should be a red flag they are too powerful. But for now I notice they level the playing field between newer players and experienced players (ie proc sets give them a legitimate fighting chance) and that I feel is positive. However in the hands of Max cp players who are also skilled -- that the sets need toned down is clear.

I'd start with proc percentage and aoe radius (thinking of infernal guardian and velidreth) but not necessarily the damage. Mitigating or avoiding damage is a learn to play issue and high damage combos are numerous

you do realize that the proc sets folks are talking about is viper, red mountain, widowmaker right? you do realize those alone pull higher dps then any mage toon can pull in pvp because those sets are not affected by the pvp damage debuff.

You realize you don't know what you're talking about? First, the OP has clearly stated its a thread about all proc sets, magicka and stamina so don't change the topic to 3 of those proc sets. Second, if you really think that only stamina players have proc sets you are wrong. Skoria often hits for over 7k and if you manage to keGrothdarr Third, proc sets are burst damage not sustained damage, which leads me to think you don't know what DPS actually means. DPS is damage per second, so its a mesure of sustained damage (not burst). A stamina build stacking 3 proc sets will have very high burst but very low sustained damage. A magicka build (say magicka sorc) will have very good burst and good sustained damage or (say magicka templar) low burst and high sustained damage. Last but not least, the proc sets are affected by Battle Spirit so you're just spreading misinformation here.

first things, magicka based proc sets are no where close as op as stamina procs, also most of them can be countered/avoided. grothdarr, just stay more then 5m away when it procs, same for shock master, scathing mage ect. skoria is the only one that you cannot hard counter, but between its cool down and very low proc chance it actually does not play a big role. wereas on the other side, red mountain, viper, and widowmaker allow for any 2 of those to be combined together with options to combine with monster set if you wanna weapon swap or use dw or s/b. there are no counters to any of them as they proc directly on the person. so dont even think to compare stamina procs to magicka procs. magicka procs are hell balanced. even vicious death is balanced.
    Jim6270 wrote: »
    As I see it there is one very good thing about proc sets: You cannot make a build have skills and then play in superman mode ... you have to focus a lot on what the other players are using ect, because when you figth a person with proc sets you cannot allow your health to go low because rigth procs togeather with ulti and CC and you will die no matter what .... so this pacth you need more skills and there is more challenge in staying alive and not get killed.

This actualy make PvP more fun then everyone and their mother being in heavy armor and S&B going around killing people wile they have 5-10 man on them. I like the changes because PvP feels more alive and I need to be more focus and allert when people jump me.

In MMOs people always whine when they get killed insted of figering out how to work around it .... I just think the proc sets made a balance to the game.

You can still 1vX, still overpower others, you can still say Skills are bigger then gear, you dont need proc sets your self, you just need to be more allert and alive in PvP .... so I seriosly dont get the point of all the whining

rofl you think proc sets made a balance to the game? rofl yes cause its real balanced what a duel 2nd gap close on a person then run away and repeat. yes cause that so balanced a guy just gap closing to proc armor procs is so freaking balanced. also they so balanced when they are not debuffed by pvp damage debuff, are coupled with the strongest skills in the game. sry but proc sets have put pvp beyond what pvp was when they instituted the damage debuff because zos said PEOPLE WERE DYING TO FAST THEY HAD NO CHANCE TO RESPOND AND NOW THEY HAVE EVEN LESS TIME TO RESPOND THANKS TO PROC SETS.

This post just made me laugh. Any good player can outplay a bad player who is stacking proc sets. This is apparently not the case for you. Any good player can adjust their build to go against proc sets.

rofl you do realize that unless you can sustainly block without running out of stamina, have a 30k health and able to heal for 20k+ every 4s, you will die to procs each and every time no matter how good you are or how bad the opponent is. unless of course you cheat through otherways.

That last part... L2P issue and I don't say that often. I can beat proc set user just fine on a dual wield magicka sorcerer, aka something considered completely not viable. Why can I do it and you can't? Maybe cause I've actually put time into my build and spent time learning to PvP properly against the current meta. I'm not the only one. There are plenty of players out there who are much better than me, who can deal with proc sets too. Sure its hard, hard enough for a lot of people to not want to struggle. Proc sets are most effective in a duel and plenty of players can beat a proc user, including myself. So if you're saying that its absolutely impossible to beat a proctato without cheating (which I can't as I'm on console) you clearly have no clue in how to adjust yourself to the meta or how to adjust your build to the meta.
    According to your logic a magicka build that can wipe out an entire group of players with Vicious Death is balanced and a stamina proc build who can one-shot one target every 4 seconds isn't? Vicious Death isn't exactly the most balanced thing in the game either.
    Here have a read on what I've posted earlier, we are on the same side here. Its just that you're waaaay over-dramaticising things. I don't want to repeat myself.
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Can't chose an option poll is biased.

Proc sets are the reason magicka DPS in trials is as good as it is now.
    The Proctato(TM) sets are: Viper, Veli, Tremor, Widow, Red Mountain.

I'd love to know which one of them is used for magicka dps.
    It's not hard to make a poll unbiased, unless a biased poll isn't not your goal.

How long until this topic proccs a dead horse gif?
    Proctato(TM) builds are carcinogenic to healthy PvP and deserve every bit of scorn and ridicule they get.

All procs for magic and stamina are ruining pvp. They need to and will be nurfed

@Dk_needs_a_buff I don't agree that all proc sets are ruining PvP. Before, not one ever complained about Skoria, Bloodspawn, Molag Kena or any other proc set used by itself. Stacking of proc sets is the issue. Viper by itself is still kinda OP because of the consistant proc chance, but you won't 1 shot anyone with it. Tremor by itself is OP I'll agree to that, especially the long lasting snare and the high proc chance, make it too easily abusable. Grothdarr isn't OP (but I did hear it was bugged in that it was over-proc'ing). Selene isn't OP cause of the balanced proc chance (but it is bugged). Velidreth is a tough one, it can be borderline OP in the right hands aka gankblade. Ilambris isn't OP. Infernal Guardian is bugged so no discussion needed. Skoria isn't OP. Red Mountain isn't OP. Widow isn't OP. Nerien'eth isn't OP. Sellistrix isn't OP. Stormfist isn't OP. Kra'gh isn't OP. Thunder bug isn't OP. Winterborn sucks. By themselves, most monster sets and proc sets are fine in terms of balance, although there are some obvious exceptions that are either easily abusable, bugged or simply just too strong. Those exceptions are the ones that need nerfing.

Now there are also some proc sets that are defensive or utility based, like Engine Guardian (isn't OP), Bloodspawn (isn't OP), Chokethorn (isn't OP), Shadowrend (is pretty crap, although Blobs makes pretty good use of it), Maw of the Infernal (crap), Bogdan Nightflame (crap), Lord Warden (isn't OP), Molag Kena (isn't OP), Scathing Mage (isn't OP), Spell Power Cure (isn't OP), Burning Spellweave (isn't OP), Ravager (isn't OP), Seventh Legion (very strong, but isn't OP cause the other set boni are just bad for the most part). There are some like Malubeth and Troll King especially that are really over the top and need nerfing.

Bottom line is, proc sets add RNG to a fight. It can be a good thing and a bad thing. The good thing is that you gotta pay attention all the time and it makes the fights less monotonous (the animations for most of them are pretty damn sweet too). With such a variety of different sets each providing something different, it just adds so much "spice" to the game. The bad thing is that you can kill someone who you wouldn't have killed just because of a lucky proc. So in a situation where skill is prioritized, certain proc sets can simply be banned, for example in duels. In other situations, like in trials proc sets are fine. Since we are talking PvP, where we have gankers or unkillable tanks, proc sets are acceptable. I don't think that a complete removal of proc sets is a possible future, nor do I think that it would be good for the game.

The stacking of proc sets is the real problem. The root of that problem is that some sets are over performing like Viper, Tremor and Velidreth (in some cases) or others are bugged like Infernal Guardian (the new Magelight), Selene (double proc), etc. If ZOS can find a way to prevent exploitive stacking of proc sets and if they can balance/fix the ones mentioned above (among others I certainly must have missed) without making them useless, I think that PvP will be fine from the proc set perspective. There are still other problems like the Eye of the Storm morph which doesn't have any legit counters (aside from running away from a fight -_- and I doubt that ZOS wants to encourage fleeing) and some other abilities that are over the top, but that's a discussion for another day.

So yeah, that's my opinion on proc sets. Keep in mind, I don't use proc sets on my characters, so its not the reason I'm defending them (more like defending the concept of proc sets). I run a magicka sorcerer with 1 piece Ilambris and 1 piece Grothdarr. I also don't use the FotM proc sets on my stamina characters. I run a medium armor stamblade with 1 Kra'gh and 1 Velidreth, a stamina DK tank with Bloodspawn and a stamina sorcerer with Engine Guardian. Just saying that I'm not defending proc sets because I abuse them too like so many others. Nice day to you all.

@thankyourat just read what I posted earlier, I've already said everything there and don't want to repeat myself. ^^^^^^

dude if you killed someone wearing proc gear, either 1. they were not trying to kill you. or 2. you had a group with you.

Aren't you funny. I never knew duels and 1vX are group activities. You know with shield stacking even if all the procs go off at the same time, your health won't be touched right? Cause shields aren't crittable. So Viper is going to do just over 3.5k damage, Tremor around 4k and Red Mountain around 4k. My shields are 24k. A 14k Hardened Ward and a 10k Harness Magic. Now if maths is that hard, all the damage from every single proc equals to 11.5k. Less than half of my shields. Except lets be honest here, people don't stack all 3 proc sets because they will be too squishy otherwise, so the sacrifice Red Mountain for Black Rose. They typically have around 25-26k health. Its not hard to do 26k damage on a magicka sorcerer with a well timed burst and a lucky crit or two. A burst that takes around 4 seconds to pull off. Mines > Curse > Fury > Meteor > Streak > Frags. So if you seriously think that its impossible to beat a proc set user without him trying to kill you or being solo, you really need to learn to play. Like seriously. Weren't you the one who thought that its also impossible to solo vet Cradle of Shadows?

you do know that if you cast 2 shields between attacks the opponent isnt trying to kill you? also shields dont shield much, 1 shield = 1 player skill covered. so no actually it doesnt. proc sets will rip your health apart so fast you wont be able to do squat on top of that shields cost so much you are nerfing your capabilities to match just thier skill based damage let alone thier proc based damage. out of stealth if they cannot hit you off 6-8k weapon attack + another 4-5k heavy attack + 5-7k viper proc they not built right. most people who cannot take down a shielding opponent are relying on crit for damage not weapon power/stamina. also fyi shields only stop opponent from critical striking, the convers though is that your shields take full damage.

Well who between you and me is having trouble with beating stamina proc builds? I don't know how long it takes you to reapply your shields but if you animation cancel them properly you're shielded up really quick. You act as if I don't know anything about the mechanics of the sorcerer class although I've gained that class ever since I've started playing ESO. You also know that you can place your burst while shielding. Curse takes 3.5 seconds to blows up for unblock able damage during that time you can reapply your hardened ward if needed, proc a frag drop the meteor streak through the dude, turn around and drop the frag. Those shields are pretty much permanent too, because I reapply them every time I bar swap and I have one on each bar. So no you don't need to be out of combat to keep your shields up. I can send you a video or something if you want. I'm getting tired of this useless debate with someone who clearly doesn't understand how to play. And Viper is never going to hit for 5-7k without a critical hit, no matter how someone is built. The tooltip value is static, it doesn't scale off any stats aside from CP into Mighty and your critical hit damage.

rofl dude if you keep a shield up past 1 skill attack in pvp: you facing off against a low damage opponent.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PROC SETS NEED TO BE SORTED. ZENIMAX FIX THIS SOON AND NOT IN A FEW MONTHS WHEN ALL THE DECENT PLAYERS HAVE GONE
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Sheuib wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Sheuib wrote: »
    If you haven't L2P with them in the game at this point you are the one with the issue. If you're still trying to run around with the glass cannon build but not a ganker then you deserve to die. If you don't have enough health and mitigation to survive a burst then you deserve to die. They are here to stay and if you can't adjust your build to compensate then you deserve to die.

When I play, I try some good combos, for example, shield assault -> talons -> deep breath -> whip -> whip -> whip (while holding block) -> Dragon Leap (at the same time with inhale explosion). It's a beautiful playing style.

Nevertheless, I always get killed by the guy who uses poison with his bow heavy attack -> poison inject -> crit rush and light attack.

Yes, it is a L2P issue

You have just proven my point. You know exactly what is killing you and instead of adjusting to survive and win you wish to complain and have that which kills you changed. You chose not to learn from your deaths but continue along with some build that you probably copied from a website because if it is recommended on the internet it must be the best for you. So, like I said in my reply, "If you don't have enough health and mitigation to survive a burst then you deserve to die." You refuse to change, you refuse to learn, you have earned the L2P tag.

Now there's something...a proc build almost definitely running what he copied from some streamer boasting about how he's "learned to play" and criticizing players who are still trying to use actual skills to survive against his armor.
    Yes, many people complain about what kills them, and what kills them is armor not the players wearing it.
    You have definitely earned the proctato tag, well done.

I completely agree that dude is a joke. :lol:
  • plnkfloydian
    If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    biased poll is biased
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PROC SETS NEED TO BE SORTED. ZENIMAX FIX THIS SOON AND NOT IN A FEW MONTHS WHEN ALL THE DECENT PLAYERS HAVE GONE
    Nerf all damage proc set damage in PvP.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So then use one since you're clearly having so much trouble that you need to call for their removal? I'm no great player, but even I can see that proc sets don't mean anything unless you're already good.
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    proc sets can stay because i cant play without them
    Lol, more of this garbage? Proc sets are fine.

RNG exists in PvP in literally every MMO in existence. If this type of mechanic is surprising to you then you're very green to the genre.

It's not even really RNG. The proc chance is so high that you can expect it coming every x seconds. And with the damage nerfed it's not even that bad unless you're a glass cannon. If you aren't playing proactively to heal/dodge/shield stack etc when you know a proc is coming you're just bad. And if you aren't counting vs. an opponent using proc sets to time their incoming procs, you're also bad.

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nellzer wrote: »

RNG exists in PvP in literally every MMO in existence. If this type of mechanic is surprising to you then you're very green to the genre.

It's not even really RNG. The proc chance is so high that you can expect it coming every x seconds. And with the damage nerfed it's not even that bad unless you're a glass cannon. If you aren't playing proactively to heal/dodge/shield stack etc when you know a proc is coming you're just bad. And if you aren't counting vs. an opponent using proc sets to time their incoming procs, you're also bad.
    People like this is why the game can't be balanced he needs his armor to kill people.Git Gud kid. Remove Proc sets and fix PvP your armor shouldn't deal the damage for you because your to bad to build for it yourself.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, anymore options? Your poll is written horribly and really cant be used to make any statement. They can stay but I can play without them.

I personally think they should stay and have a fix. Im ok with burst builds but there needs to be trade off. I've posted this before, but there should be a cost to the proc, in either stam or magika.

The bigger sets have the biggest costs.
    For example, validreth, probably the biggest burst set in dmg and high rate would costs 6k. Trenir, at 50% proc rate, would be similar to the cost of dizzy swing.

If you wear all proc set, you get hit with the cost of three abilities. Like firing off three dizzy or crystal frags at once.

The self cost decreases with proc chance, such as winterborn, or damage amount. Or might not exist at all (think of some trash monster helms).

So a burst set can hit super hard, be great 1 vs 1, but in group have problems with sustain
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they wanted a fast paced FPS game no?
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care that people use them. I don't and won't use them because they are a cheap way of fighting.

However I really enjoy killing people who do use them! Can only imagine there cries about how there cheese failed to save them.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I admit that the fact I got 1 second ganked by the same veli vipertard multiple times over the weekend, slightly influenced my vote.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't mind the monster helm sets, its more the the fact that you can stack that with two other proc sets i think is the issue.
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent 2 years being a good guy in Cyrodiil. I've never been rewarded for having had honor, I still get teabagged daily. So, I joined the dark side and don't give AF anymore. I can kill without proc sets like I did since release, but I've chosen to go full troll mode cause everyone plays dirty in Cyrodiil.

That said, if they removed proc sets from the game entirely I would probably be a happier person. Although, Valkyn Skoria was always such a cool set.
    Edited by SneaK on March 29, 2017 8:33PM
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biased poll is biased. Also, you clearly need to learn how to play if you keep dying to proc sets ...
    rolleyes.gif
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Nellzer wrote: »

People like this is why the game can't be balanced he needs his armor to kill people.Git Gud kid. Remove Proc sets and fix PvP your armor shouldn't deal the damage for you because your to bad to build for it yourself.

The irony of someone with a 4th grade writing level calling someone kid.

If you think proc sets are OP and/or hard to play against, you're bad and need to learn to play. Period.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to thank everyone who contribute to the nerf of my Nerieneth and Bahraha's Curse set. I was unstoppable in pvp and those sets were carrying me the whole time.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Maole1989
    Maole1989
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, anymore options? Your poll is written horribly and really cant be used to make any statement. They can stay but I can play without them.

I personally think they should stay and have a fix. Im ok with burst builds but there needs to be trade off. I've posted this before, but there should be a cost to the proc, in either stam or magika.

For example, validreth, probably the biggest burst set in dmg and high rate would costs 6k. Trenir, at 50% proc rate, would be similar to the cost of dizzy swing.

If you wear all proc set, you get hit with the cost of three abilities. Like firing off three dizzy or crystal frags at once.

The self cost decreases with proc chance, such as winterborn, or damage amount. Or might not exist at all (think of some trash monster helms).

So a burst set can hit super hard, be great 1 vs 1, but in group have problems with sustain

I believe proc sets in itself are fine. As others have mentioned I believe the issue is that they synergise extremely well with other proc sets which makes them deadly. The same can be said about other set combinations like Malubeth/Reactive/Trans on a magplar etc. (I'm not complaining about this but just pointing out there are great builds out there that capitalize on the synergies of class, skills, passives, gear etc and this one seems to be one of the popular 'cheese' builds). Another example is heavy armor. Lately there's been a lot of controversy about HA over-performing but once again I don't think HA in itself is to blame but rather the fact that it synergises well with certain classes, skills etc. (I'm a proud Orc templar in 7 HA so I get to enjoy some of these synergies myself).

If someone was to wear 1 proc set no one would mind. What if that person was to wear 3? What if that same person was a gankblade that came out of stealth with a triple-proc-instakill-tbag combo then melted away in the shadows with 'hard earned' ap and a smile on his/her face? (Perhaps a little overdramatic but you get my point lol). I think the problem lies in the fact that you can kill someone by using very little skill because the gear does the majority of the damage for you.

I really like the idea mentioned above because it offers a solution to this current problem. Adding a resource cost to each proc set is definitely feasible in my opinion. If the set is doing the damage of a skill, then a cost of a skill should be involved. And if you don't have the required resources then your set wouldn't proc. Running 1 set wouldn't be a problem. You want to run 2-3 sets then there should be a drawback to implement risk vs reward.

If it was implemented I believe this would be a positive change. Why?
    1) You would be literally a glass cannon able to put out huge burst but at the cost of your resources. It would require putting more thought into your build. Imagine you're in an intense fight and your sets procc at an inopportune moment draining the last bit of your resources and leaving you exposed.
    2) More people would respect you and probably wouldn't mind getting rekt in 3 seconds so much because they know you do so at great risk. The reward is there but so is the risk.
    3) If you're worried about PVE, then perhaps the resource cost can be limited to PVP only by making a it a Cyrodiil only effect like Battle Spirit. Call it Way of the Warrior or something that implies some sort of skill. (Then again if you're a PVE hero looking for a challenge then perhaps you wouldn't mind making a resource cost to the actual set itself.) :wink:

I know this post is long so thank you for bearing with me. Let's hear some more ideas and ways we can implement them to make ESO a better game for everyone and not just hit everything with the nerf stick. :smiley:
    Edited by Maole1989 on March 30, 2017 1:23AM
    [1 Corinthians 13] [John 15:13] [John 3:16]
    Maole_1989 - PS4 NA EP
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets are in a good place right now. Of course, that place is the trash.

Cyrodiil is so much better now that 2 months ago.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've posted this before, but there should be a cost to the proc, in either stam or magika.

Very good idea. Not sure about the #'s though, 6k is a lot.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Maole1989
    Maole1989
    ✭✭✭
    I've posted this before, but there should be a cost to the proc, in either stam or magika.

Perhaps the cost of these procs can be equivalent to a skill of similar damage. How about make the resource cost affected by cost reduction and CP too? That way the drawback is there but isn't too much.

[1 Corinthians 13] [John 15:13] [John 3:16]
    Maole_1989 - PS4 NA EP