Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crafting materials - inventory/bank space

Skylen
Skylen
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I want to ask. Should i focus on like 1-3 crafting professions ? Because in my bank and even on my alt character i have full... And i bought some space to bank, even to my inventory. So what should i keep ? I honestly dont know... Need some advice about crafting. I cant do all, because I havent space for everything...

Thank you and sorry for my english
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One way is to do equipment on one character and consumables on another. It makes sense to do all the smiths on one character because then you won't have to learn expensive motif styles on more than one character. Most important, don't hoard everything. Even if you learned all motifs, you don't need to keep style stones for all of them, only the ones you craft. Same goes for trait stones. Generally speaking, you need to prioritize what is worth keeping based on whether you use it.

Sell excess and use the gold to expand your inventory. There is at least 3 times the bank space today than at game release. We managed to get by with less space by using alts as storage. The best option now is subscribing and get a craft bag. It's the best thing that ever happened to crafting.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Skylen
    Skylen
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,

thank you for reply. Well so you basically saying, only keep what i currently will do, or I have... But thats problem, because like for alchemy i dont know what i will need and for Provisioning as well, because i dont have many recepts now, so i must keep all materials. And with enchanting, I need keep them too for discovering. These three - Enchanting, Alchemy and Provisioning taking too much space.
  • S_Ravenlock
    S_Ravenlock
    ✭✭✭
    I have 4 crafters, whom I'm all still leveling up:

1. Smithing, woodworking, tailoring. These need to be on 1 character because of motifs.
    2. Provisioning (and thieving).
    3. Alchemy.
    4. Enchanting.

The last three professions take up a lot of materials so they only have one each. On top of that I have a storage character that holds jewellery, trait stones and upgrade materials like resins. It is the best solution for me without the crafting bag.

I like rolling alts and I also craft for my family who like rolling alts, so I prefer to keep healthy stocks of materials on hand. If you don't want 4 or 5 characters (crafters or storage characters) that need lots of bag space, then you could always drop a few professions.
    Enchantments can be found and bought from vendors, or you could use poisons instead. Food can be bought or found. You can always level up those crafts at a later stage.
    Armor/weapon sets can be found as well, a lot of people farm those and they are used a lot in endgame. However, because research takes a lot of time that is still the professions I'd level first if I were you.

Mirianna Valoran, Templar, EU
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on your budget, ESO plus for the crafting bag is a hige huge help.

Prior to that I struggled and had to upgrade my bank ans bag fully to craft
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Depending on your budget, ESO plus for the crafting bag is a hige huge help.

Prior to that I struggled and had to upgrade my bank ans bag fully to craft

Yup. Crafting was a little bit of a nightmare before I got ESO plus. Now I have one master crafter who learns all recipes/motifs, leaving my other characters free to focus solely on their roles.
  • Skylen
    Skylen
    Soul Shriven
    Hi all,

ok so thank you all for help. Honestly i dont wanna buy ESO plus just for crafting, I better create new character.