The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Play with 64-bit client, but only single core is being used while playing

leipatemeibbaa
leipatemeibbaa
✭✭✭
Hello,

I have GTX1080 SLI with HB briddge running graphic maxed out on 4K. Both graphic card utilization is around 40~55% during the trails, but I have been noticed that only one out of six cores are at 90%+ loading during the playing. All the rest of the cores are around 0~5%.

My CPU is 4930K OC @4.5Ghz, My FPS during the trials sometimes drop all the way down to as low as 15 FPS.

Please help.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think i recall a setting in the usersettings file where you can allow for more cores to be utilized.

I have 4 out of 8 that are pretty busy, one almost maxed, 3 around 50%.
    :smile:
  • leipatemeibbaa
    leipatemeibbaa
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I think i recall a setting in the usersettings file where you can allow for more cores to be utilized.

Do u remember which parameter you changed to make it happen?
  • Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭

Took a look through the settings file, and found one that looks like it may be the one you're after.

SET MaxCoresToUse "6"

File is UserSettings.txt, found in:

C>Users>Your Name>My Documents>Elder Scrolls Online

Well, that's where I found it on my machine. Your location may vary based on OS used.
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • leipatemeibbaa
    leipatemeibbaa
    ✭✭✭
    Valethar wrote: »

Took a look through the settings file, and found one that looks like it may be the one you're after.

SET MaxCoresToUse "6"

File is UserSettings.txt, found in:

C>Users>Your Name>My Documents>Elder Scrolls Online

Well, that's where I found it on my machine. Your location may vary based on OS used.

Thank you so much, Sir
  • leipatemeibbaa
    leipatemeibbaa
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a way to have ESO running on Multi CPU core? I have been noticed that only one of core is running at 100% when I play ESO, which bottleneck my GTX1080 SLI. Both graphic card never go above 50% load. Most of time is 28% ~ 35% load.
  • Darethran
    Darethran
    ✭✭✭
    The CPU is pretty much just working on draw calls; the rest of the work (physics, sound, object/texture streaming, networking) doesn't use the CPU all that extensively.

Nothing can be done about it. The renderer uses Direct3D 11, which is a single threaded rendering API, that is woefully inadequate in terms of performance. A Vulkan renderer would solve much of the game's performance woes, especially in big fights, but don't hold your breath for ZOS to implement it.
    In Scotland | @Darethran

[EU] Ervona Saranith (EP) - Lvl 50 CP >560 - Dunmer Healer