Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VMA, mechanics and F"ning LAG!

GeneralFlogger
GeneralFlogger
✭✭✭
I'm a 461cp DK Stam build on X1, I have plalyed this game since launch on X1, I am well over 20k dps (timed slimecraw and the new bloodspawn test), over 18k health (pushing 20 actually), over 1500 stam regen, over 3.5k wep dmg and over 55 crit(depending on set and food), oh and I'm using end game speed pots that increase stam regen, major brutality, stam, stam recovery... I have golded VO, Twice Born, Hundings, Agility, Skoria, Vele, and almost any other set you can think of to mix and match. I don't see how anyone is supposed to beat round 9 vMA as a stam build with the amount of server lag that is present in the game right now! I can BARELY switch between weapons! By the time I do, I am dead b/c NPC damage that has occurred during the "rubber banding effect" compounds and hits literally all at once, primarily from the Deadroths which cannot be slowed by caltrops and follow you constantly. They appear to have unlimited range with their ridiculous DOT fire breath which cannot be run from and can barely be blocked. I can burn everything fast enough with no lage and have gotten the last boss down to 22% the other day (got booted the next try) but it seems as though the lag is getting worse and going through round 9 tonight, it seemed impossible to get past sub round 4 and 5 due to lag and the fact that I COULD NOT switch between weapons. I am asking for ZOS to either fix the server lag or adjust the Deadroths to fit with a broken game by providing an interrupt capability, allowing them to be slowed by caltrops, or making them follow the same damn rules as every other thing in the game in which they have to hold still to channel!
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the lag is rediculous at times, but if you really want to give yourself the best chance try doing it a 3am, or some other time when the server is at its quietest. The other thing is practice, it does take a while to get your methods down through trial and error, and the last stage is the hardest to get practice at because it comes last. I remember thinking the titan was the most op thing ever but he barely worries me any more.

You're better off either not kiting the crem guards or kiting them in a circle. Also if you're relying on surge as your heal (which you should be) and you have no ward (which you don't) then you could really do with more than 55% crit. I would recommend at least 65%. As a magsorc I have 58% crit but I have a 21k ward to stop all incoming damage for a few secs if I need to, even then I still get the odd occasion where I really need a crit to heal and don't get one. The higher your crit the more reliable surge will be. I'm guessing you already use a selection of dots but it's still worth mentioning that stacked dots will also increase the reliability of surge by simply increasing the regularity of your crits. The cooldown on surge is 1s afaik, so you really want to ensure that you crit once per second. With the correct use of dots you could be flat on your back from cc and still he getting healed.
    PC | EU
  • GeneralFlogger
    GeneralFlogger
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply! I am still trying to go through it, but it seems counter productive right now, in that I have to:

1) hope the servers wont kick me off
    2) hope that there is little lag when I attempt to run
    3) hope that my attacks and weapon swap actually work without rubber banding

Also, as a DK, I don't have surge, I use resolving vigor in combination with volatile armor to proc skoria.

I will try running early morning next time I get a chance as well, ty for the suggestion! It does frustrate me, though, that running at 3 am is the only way to play eso's most challenging SOLO content if you wish to deal with minimal server issues.

I still don't get why the Deadroth's fire breath, at the very LEAST, cannot be interrupted.
  • GeneralFlogger
    GeneralFlogger
    ✭✭✭
    btw, to be fair, I have switched to a wired connection through playing this from wireless. It has helped quite a bit with the DC's but the server lag is still present when in combat, especially with weapon swap and animation canceling.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply! I am still trying to go through it, but it seems counter productive right now, in that I have to:

1) hope the servers wont kick me off
    2) hope that there is little lag when I attempt to run
    3) hope that my attacks and weapon swap actually work without rubber banding

Also, as a DK, I don't have surge, I use resolving vigor in combination with volatile armor to proc skoria.

I will try running early morning next time I get a chance as well, ty for the suggestion! It does frustrate me, though, that running at 3 am is the only way to play eso's most challenging SOLO content if you wish to deal with minimal server issues.

I still don't get why the Deadroth's fire breath, at the very LEAST, cannot be interrupted.

Sorry for some reason I assumed you were stam sorc. I hear corrosive armour is invaluable in vma, many save that ult for the crem guards. I have also heard about the bad lag on console, the only thing I can think of to suggest, apart from playing at low pop times, is to plug your xbox into your router with ethernet. Wifi can drop/delay packets if the signal is weak. Keep at it and good luck :)

Edit: lol just read your last post, sorry.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on November 29, 2016 5:08AM
    PC | EU
  • GeneralFlogger
    GeneralFlogger
    ✭✭✭
    You are absolutely right, corrosive armor is the primary reason I can press the boss, especially in the first 30% on round 9 to get up to the crystals. I have it and use it actively. I know I can get better with some mechanics but given what I'm able to do in other aspects of the game and with what I am seeing in terms of lag, SPECIFICALLY weapon swap and animation canceling, I really feel that the server lag is stacking the deck against players. I guess I can try deleting and re dl'ing eso... maybe even buying a wired controller.... Idk
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corroaive armor, as others stated, then it is simply a matter of killing faster than you die (as with all stamina builds).

In an ideal world you can circle the daedroth and never get hit but you play on console and they cant really handle the game
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel you dude.

I have a LOVE and HATE relationship being in Australia our peak time is your (COMPLETE OFF TIME).

Assuming you're in the US.

At 6pm -12am GMT +10 the servers are soooooo smoooth. It makes me love life.

Playing on your peak times on weekends... Put it this way. I don't do it.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Save all you sigils until you drop down. Use corrosive when the guard spawns. Consider using blade cloak to lessen aoe damage.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I beat it on my DK finally. I wish the lag there just fixes. For crying out loud u are in a solo server how can lag effect vma I don't get that.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea I use corrosive even on the ice round at end boss I pop that as soon she destroys the last ice platform
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    My best score was when I turned off and unplugged my Xbox after every round. Went 8.5 rounds without dying from that stutter you get killing an add...
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • GeneralFlogger
    GeneralFlogger
    ✭✭✭
    I am stormproof, 330 am, switched to blood craze and blood thirst. Ty for the suggestions and help!
  • Nuntjako
    Nuntjako
    ✭✭✭
    The lag can be bad at times. Making vma a headache. When I experience a lot of lag I switch to cable which often helps. If not, I leave and try again later.

Try circling the crem guard closely when it breathes fire, you won't get hit.