The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best Race for Stam DK Tank

• sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah Argonian is the best, resources back on potions. More healing done and received. Alot of health. They are the best all around for tanking. Nord passive seems neat but armor doesn't matter that much, the meta is all about resource management and grouo buffing.

But tanks can even DPS if it lacks alittle. U can role in DPS tank support tank and just a tank who blocks and have all trait sturdy for no reason.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • o0Velius
    o0Velius
    ✭✭✭
    This maybe late but I just saw it; I have now race changed my Tank for the 3rd time ( as I am tying out all the Races to see what I feel is the best)

I have now been; A wood Elf, An Imperial, and currently a Khajiit.. So far the best and Most favorable for Main Tanking out of the 3 I have used; is Imperial. recourse Management is easy ( if you are a player that has issues with maintain your Recourses this is gonna be the best way to go.) One of two reasons; The passives give you An amazing amount of extra Health and Stamina. So while I currently run 30k health and 25k stam on the Khajiit. I was running 33 - 35k health and 27-29k Stam on my Imperial. Give or take on the Set I was using at the time..

Now Although I like the Khajiit ( As I can swap from tanking to DPS for solo play) I would not recommend the race.
    And Although I enjoyed the Wood elf ( Same reason for Khajiit play) I would not recommend it to someone else.
    The Imperial in all Honesty for MAIN tanking end game content; such as trials ect. Would in deed be the go to race.
    But swapping from tank to DPS is a much harder to do change as their passives are meant for tanking. The race itself is Meant for being a Tank.

Main Tank For
    Difficulty Increased
    [/b]

PC : @o0Velius

Xbox One. GT: oo Velius
    [/center]
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cazic wrote: »
    Health never seems to be an issue for me which is why I went with the stam focused Redguard. I like to PvP as well with a slightly modified gear/skill setup.

I'm sure the health as Nord is great though, no doubt. I do run Igneous Shield, Vigor, and Green Dragons blood which makes up for some of that. Maybe in the future I'll roll a Nord (or Orc) for a high health regen build, but I'm happy with Redgard right now.

https://youtu.be/vemr8LNY2y8

Take this for an example on that build.

lolwhat?
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best races for Stamina tanking

Nords - Good amount of health, decent mitigation and good amount of stamina. While slightly behind Imperial in terms of resources, their added mitigation make up for it, at least IMO, as there are enemies that can lower your resistances (vMoL trash mobs come to mind) so that mitigation adds up in those cases.

Imperial - Best amount of Health and stamina available for tanking. Heal proc is meh but not overly terrible either. If nothing else, they're probably the best damaging Stamina tanks in the game due to their stamina pool alone.

Honorable Mentions

Orc - Not as high on the Totem poll as Nord or Imperial but still merits a mention. They lack in the health department compared to the former 2 races and have the same stamina as Nords but they do have 5% extra healing received and due to Swift Warrior are faster and do more damage then Nords, although whether they out DPS an Imperial is up to debate. It nothing else, it's easier to heal them than the other 2 races and they can do decent damage overall.

Argonians - They got same amount of health as Nords, have probably the best resource management for tanking in potion passive, same healing received as Orcs, have a little extra max magic to use more magic abilities to help with Igneous Shields usage and their off healing capabilities are second to none. Might not be the greatest for stamina tanking and their DPS will be the weakest for that purpose but a well played Argonian DK tank will rarely run out of resources.
    Argonian forever
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazic wrote: »
    Looking for your suggestions here. I'm torn between Redguard, Nord and Imperial. Leaning toward Redguard.

I'm mainly looking to tank in group PvE. Secondary role would be DPS.

Thanks!

Imperial or Redguard.
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial, Orc, Nord, and Argonian.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't tank, never have in eso. All the top tier trials guys have been saying argonian. Racial passives are insane atm.
  • PactMender
    race change costs are a joke!

any race can tank

i tank vet dungeons on a dark elf templar how ever i went back to Nord. damage mit and stam is a good deal, i mostly pvp so race is crucial to pvp unlike pve. red guards stam regen means squat when blocking you dont recover stam, and A main role for templars are to throw shards for tanks and stam dps.

my dk tank is a nord never had a problem. imperials are ugly ;)
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian master race!
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an Imperial DK, Orc DK and Dunmer DK

The first two are my stam ones. I use the Orc for tanking simply because the Imp is my "main" and I don't want my main to be a boring tank in open world content + he kills EP & AD & I can't do that with a tank.

Nord Templar Tank though :wink:

Templars: Rredguard, Altmer, Nord

In general Nord is the best tank imo
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian is great for resource management :)
    EU PC