The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Need advice for PVP "BIS build" for Stamina 2H/Bow Dragonknight

j_s
j_s
✭✭✭
What's currently Best In Slot for my DK? I have tried Black Rose armor (5x with Engine Guardian), but it gives low stats and Weapon damage (unless I have it all wrong)

I have looted a sharpened Maelstrom Greatsword, which I like to use.

Thoughts?
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your goals and whether you want 5h or 5m. Maelstrom setups usually go 5/3(agility)/2(proc set - Velidreth usually). If you go medium you could run a proc set like Viper or penetration with Spriggan, or raw damage with Automaton. Heavy, well Black Rose is prob your best option.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Do most PVPers run 5x medium? Is more physical resistance the only advantage of 5h?
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIPER
    VIPER
    VIPER
    VIPER
    VIPER
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually heavy armored StamDKs stick to 1HS/2H. Running a bow, you'll be rolling a lot anyways for the speed buff, so might as well go medium for the cost reduction.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eternal Hunt is also a pretty popular medium set for the 2h/bow setup. I see Kodi running that all the time.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    So I have looked up a few pvp builds on youtube, and most builds aren't with bow, but with sword/mace + shield??
    Is bow not good anymore?
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow is very good depending on your purpose - as a bursty high DPS pressure, but somewhat squishy build bow/2h fits your needs. Bow represents pressure with poison arrow, and potential burst with heavy attack > bar swap > gap closer (or leap). Especially on a DK who can buff their heavy attacks by 40%. 1h/shield + 2h is more tanky, and allows use of Tremorscale which is very nasty in PVP. Both have their merits and represent different playstyles.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 28, 2016 10:33PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your input!
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sb+bow
    Viper sb+tremmor+br

Bow HA+silver leash/shards
    Bow HA+change cancel+gap close viper+fossilized
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Rose should give you enormous stats if you spec properly.

Remember, if you go heavy you dont need much regen at all so put a lot of weapon damage enchantments on your jewelry. Also take the thief stone to compensate for the crit youre missing out on by not going medium. Youll end up with higher crit than you would if you were running 5 medium without thief stone..
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Black Rose should give you enormous stats if you spec properly.

Remember, if you go heavy you dont need much regen at all so put a lot of weapon damage enchantments on your jewelry. Also take the thief stone to compensate for the crit youre missing out on by not going medium. Youll end up with higher crit than you would if you were running 5 medium without thief stone..

#BALANCE
  • alext89
    alext89
    ✭✭✭
    if u dont have sharpend vma 2h, go whit 5 black rose, 5 spriggan, and 1 kragh for ekstra penetration. its not the best vs magicka builds, but vs heavy meta its decent. i play whit stam 750 regn. seem like a good spot for me, considering black rose.
  • j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all. Appreciate the help.

I have a sharpened Maelstrom Greatsword. Should I golden it, or should I wait for a sharpened Battle Axe?
  • j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone?
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would use it.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp