The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[VIDEO] Hzarn | Bigger Isn't Always Better - Blazing Shield

Synozeer
Synozeer
✭✭✭✭✭
It's been a while since my last Hzarn video but I have been giving my other characters some love lately.

In this video I'm running more spellpower and magicka and less health, which means smaller shields but still quite effective. The increased damage means you can't be ignored and can more easily dispatch enemies without depending mainly on your shield, while at the same time giving you great 1vx capabilities. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/3D5Qs1CtUo8
Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
...and many more.
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    lNEg8.gif
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff Azoi, always pushing the envelope with this class. Love it.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You and @Akinos have definitely shown how a "Blazing Shield Temp" (" because they're so much more) should be played.

Awesome as always.
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice. As a fellow hp/dps templar it is really nice to see some actual footage of how it can be done right. Granted I go about it a bit differently (without vamp/more dps burst)....but it is always refreshing to see someone running a blazing templar that isn't just stand and shield. It is very easy to recognize a blazing templar that doesn't fully understand how the class can be utilized, and I know you know the potential of the magplar.
    Marek
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So funny seeing people try to escape as their friends keep popping your shield.

Good show.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Ghostbane
      Ghostbane
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Maybe this'll encourage all the Healthplars to think out of the box.

Beastman Azoi is beast.
      {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
      350m+ AP PC - EU
      AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
      AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
      Addons
    2. SneaK
      SneaK
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      What do you think the HP sweet spot is to have an effective BS while maintaining decent DPS?
      Edited by SneaK on November 23, 2016 6:10PM
      "IMO"
      Aldmeri Dominion
      Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
      (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
    3. Minno
      Minno
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SneaK wrote: »
      What do you think the HP sweet spot is to have an effective BS while maintaining decent DPS?

When I ran BS, I noticed bastion didn't increase the shield all that much versus adding health.
      If I used 30k health I had the following bastion points+stats:
      - 53 points = 61% return dmg and 34.8% max health shield
      - 73 points = 63% return dmg and 36% MH shield
      - 100 points = 66.2% return dmg and 37.5% MH shield.

To get 100 bastion, you lose out on extra hardy/elemental expert/ crit resistance.

That's my two cents.
      Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
      - Guild-lead for MV
      - Filthy Casual
    4. SneaK
      SneaK
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Minno wrote: »

When I ran BS, I noticed bastion didn't increase the shield all that much versus adding health.

To get 100 bastion, you lose out on extra hardy/elemental expert/ crit resistance.

That's my two cents.

I think you may have misunderstood my question, but your info is helpful regarding CP. I think I maxed out Bastion when I was running BS on my Templar. So, seems I could have been allocating those points into better areas.

EDIT - Or. maybe you didn't and I'm bad with reading comprehension!
      Edited by SneaK on November 23, 2016 6:44PM
      "IMO"
      Aldmeri Dominion
      Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    5. Minno
      Minno
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

That's my two cents.

I think you may have misunderstood my question, but your info is helpful regarding CP. I think I maxed out Bastion when I was running BS on my Templar. So, seems I could have been allocating those points into better areas.

I didn't want to fully hijack the answer intended for @Synozeer. My apologies lol.

Health wise, it's was easy for me as a Templar to achieve 30k health and still add 2k spell dmg/30k Magicka while being in heavy armor.
      - Guild-lead for MV
      - Filthy Casual
    6. Drummerx04
      Drummerx04
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It always amazes me how you have so little health through most of these fights and somehow they can never quite kill you.
      PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
      Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
      Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
      vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
      Lilith's Group Manager
      Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
      Bot Scanner 2000
      Lilith's Command History
      Maintained Addons:
      Kill Counter
    7. SneaK
      SneaK
      ✭✭✭✭✭

That's my two cents.

I didn't want to fully hijack the answer intended for @Synozeer. My apologies lol.

Health wise, it's was easy for me as a Templar to achieve 30k health and still add 2k spell dmg/30k Magicka while being in heavy armor.

Well there's no guarantee he'll respond! But seems like you found your sweet spot at 30K? I might be looking for somewhere around 38-40K, not real sure. I ran a +55K in the past while using Clever Alchemist and was able to pull decent spell damage. Although, my max mag and recovery weren't great to say the least.
      "IMO"
      Aldmeri Dominion
    8. Minno
      Minno
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

That's my two cents.

Well there's no guarantee he'll respond! But seems like you found your sweet spot at 30K? I might be looking for somewhere around 38-40K, not real sure. I ran a +55K in the past while using Clever Alchemist and was able to pull decent spell damage. Although, my max mag and recovery weren't great to say the least.

Yea recovery and low stam are the obvious downsides to the build. My sweet spot was 30k, and after reaching that I felt I could add more to offensive stats to help add killing power to a very defensive build.

The shield+ block removes alot of dmg. Dual swords adds extra dmg, especially with heavy armor+ channeled focus keeping your Magicka up.
      - Guild-lead for MV
      - Filthy Casual
    9. SneaK
      SneaK
      ✭✭✭✭✭

That's my two cents.

Yea recovery and low stam are the obvious downsides to the build. My sweet spot was 30k, and after reaching that I felt I could add more to offensive stats to help add killing power to a very defensive build.

The shield+ block removes alot of dmg. Dual swords adds extra dmg, especially with heavy armor+ channeled focus keeping your Magicka up.

Yea I mean what I consider my normal dmg pvp Templar currently has around 40k Mag/27k HP. The only thing that really takes me out is the destro ult. Which, is pretty much the reason I'm debating slotting BS again, so I can watch the destro ults kill themselves.
      "IMO"
      Aldmeri Dominion
    10. Calboy
      Calboy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This make me want to gear up my temp
    11. Minno
      Minno
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

That's my two cents.

Yea I mean what I consider my normal dmg pvp Templar currently has around 40k Mag/27k HP. The only thing that really takes me out is the destro ult. Which, is pretty much the reason I'm debating slotting BS again, so I can watch the destro ults kill themselves.

Your shield would have to counter the 4k ticks. In the end the effective counter to destro ulti is retreat + heal/shield, regardless of build.
      - Guild-lead for MV
      - Filthy Casual
    12. Sallington
      Sallington
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      MV5BNTUxOTdjMDMtMWY1MC00MjkxLTgxYTMtYTM1MjU5ZTJlNTZjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
      Daggerfall Covenant
      Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
      Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
      Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
      Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    13. pcar944
      pcar944
      ✭✭✭✭
      holy *** I made it into your video

nice !
      One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
    14. olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ok, great video, good use of blazing shield for the first time, that I have seen.

PC EU
      PvP only
    15. Kutsuu
      Kutsuu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You could probably see 45-50k H/30k M with Trainee+Plague Doctor or similar and health/mag food, depending on race and such.
      Edited by Kutsuu on November 23, 2016 8:25PM
      PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
      Kutsus - NB
      Kutsmuffin - Temp
      Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
      Kutsuu - Temp
      Natsu Dragoneel - DK
      Kutsumo - NB
    16. Synozeer
      Synozeer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thanks all for the compliments!

I like to have over 40k, preferably 43-45k health.

That's my two cents.

I haven't done the numbers, but I normally max out bastion. I'm sure I'd probably get more bang for my buck if I didn't and put the leftover points in other defensive trees, but I gotta have my big shield and best damage possible. :)
      Kutsuu wrote: »
      You could probably see 45-50k H/30k M with Trainee+Plague Doctor or similar and health/mag food, depending on race and such.

You'd have a lot of resource sustain issues though - this kind of build is very resource intensive, especially if you play it aggressively like I do.

I'm able to get a little over 3600 spell damage when fully buffed. It's hard to get that balance of resources, sustain, and damage, but I make it a rule to have one set that focuses on resource sustain and then build from there - Desert Rose, Lich, Seducer, etc.

...and many more.
    17. Baconlad
      Baconlad
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      hzarn! love ur vids. you'r builds are always very fun to watch and come across. i sitll enjoy my 70k health shieldplar a bit more...but i'm addicted to seeing the massive shield size in cyro. very cool brother, keep it up
    18. Alucardo
      Alucardo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Great video as always. Looks like you found that sweet spot between health and damage. I wonder how many people have been like "hurr just ignore him" before taking a 13k beam to the face.
    19. Synozeer
      Synozeer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Baconlad wrote: »
      hzarn! love ur vids. you'r builds are always very fun to watch and come across. i sitll enjoy my 70k health shieldplar a bit more...but i'm addicted to seeing the massive shield size in cyro. very cool brother, keep it up

It's hard to let go of that big shield, but when you feel the power of single target dps with shields, you don't look back :)
      Alucardo wrote: »
      Great video as always. Looks like you found that sweet spot between health and damage. I wonder how many people have been like "hurr just ignore him" before taking a 13k beam to the face.

Every time I Radiant someone to death I remember all the times I have been beamed over and over again at half or more health and I feel no guilt or shame at all. None. After all, I'm simply returning the karma to the universe...

...and many more.
    20. Rohamad_Ali
      Rohamad_Ali
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Still a beast in PvP . Good music . Thank you for sharing .