The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Champion points trying to understand

Dameon
Dameon
Hey! So ive just finished maxing my main character! And i have decided to make a new templar, but i asked myself whether once i get to level 50, do i have to grind all the way to cp 561? Or do i just autonatically scale to my main characters cp when i hit level 50?
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you reach level 50 you're character will instantly get the CP rank of your highest character.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Dameon
    Dameon
    Oh sweeeet, thank u soooo much
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    So just jumping on this bandwagon,

I have one toon, a Templar, cp 225 at present.

If I create a new toon, say a NB, all I have to do is get them to lvl50 and then they instantly get bumped up to a cp225 NB? I thought it would be much more of a grind than that
    Edited by Suter1972 on November 22, 2016 2:30PM
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suter1972 wrote: »

If I create a new toon, say a NB, all I have to do is get them to lvl50 and then they instantly get bumped up to a cp225 NB? I thought it would be much more of a grind than that

That is correct.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suter1972 wrote: »

Yes.

Your ACCOUNT has a certain amount of Champion Points.

Even new characters below level 50 can USE those CP. But gear will be tied to your pre-50 level.

Once you reach Level 50 with your second character, though, he will be CP of your account, and all XP you earn with that will earn CP for your account as a whole as well.