The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Infallible Infinite Wizard (Magsorc Off-Balance Heavy Attack vMA & Trial Build) Summerset

• mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 with the upcoming nerfs to heavy attacks with patch 3.04, is this build in trouble?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    @Masel92 with the upcoming nerfs to heavy attacks with patch 3.04, is this build in trouble?

Will still be easy to clear it. 15% on heavies is like a 5% overall. Depends on the pet nerf. It will still be a very good farmbuild, no worries :)
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

Will still be easy to clear it. 15% on heavies is like a 5% overall. Depends on the pet nerf. It will still be a very good farmbuild, no worries :)

Will some of the damage cp changes make up for the heavy attack nerf? I know they front loaded thaumaturge and staff expert.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Will some of the damage cp changes make up for the heavy attack nerf? I know they front loaded thaumaturge and staff expert.

Yes it should! Still experimenting with that :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    cant wait to see the update for this! i'd like to keep using this and keep my sorc for VMA. seen alcast's pet build for maelstrom but waiting for an updated version of this, thanks for your builds.
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    Draekony wrote: »
    Got 56 minute run w/ no sigils, 15/15 vitality only 529k score on this. Using 5 IA/5 Necro/1 infused heavy molag, all gold. Hoping VMA weapons will speed it up whenever they drop for me

this may sound really stupid but dont open any chests or talk to the armor repair guy until like the 6th round. saves a lot of time, and sometimes using a power sigil to burn down a boss (say in round 6 or the last) will get you a higher score. You may lose 750 points but you gain more for nuking the crap out of him.

For instance, when i fight voriak i sometimes just grab the power sigil, nuke him before he can even spawn the crematorial guard, do the crystals with him only clearing once, and then ignore summoner and destroy his lich-crystal-throwing-daedric self for a like 3 minute fight (if that).

Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    Got 56 minute run w/ no sigils, 15/15 vitality only 529k score on this. Using 5 IA/5 Necro/1 infused heavy molag, all gold. Hoping VMA weapons will speed it up whenever they drop for me

this may sound really stupid but dont open any chests or talk to the armor repair guy until like the 6th round. saves a lot of time, and sometimes using a power sigil to burn down a boss (say in round 6 or the last) will get you a higher score. You may lose 750 points but you gain more for nuking the crap out of him.

For instance, when i fight voriak i sometimes just grab the power sigil, nuke him before he can even spawn the crematorial guard, do the crystals with him only clearing once, and then ignore summoner and destroy his lich-crystal-throwing-daedric self for a like 3 minute fight (if that).

Thanks I never knew about the power sigil, figured use any of them it was loss of highest potential score I could get, I'll try it out. And yeah guess I shouldnt open the chests. I've been able to do all 3 crystals before the second rotating wall, and with the previous arena (fire) I can burn the boss in one paralyze/wipe of the 3 stone tablets, same with the spider arena boss can burn in one paralyze but damn. I'll test it today.
    Edited by Draekony on May 21, 2017 3:05PM
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    Seen some parses seems like still 35k dps instead of 40k dps.. curious how you would redo the CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Seen some parses seems like still 35k dps instead of 40k dps.. curious how you would redo the CP

I'll probably use a charged staff with shock enchant on front bar and just get the pen from CP. That new 70% on heavy attacks against off-balance enemies is godly.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    hmm charged lightning staff? I'm currently using 2x necropotence sharpened staves.. lightning on front and inferno on back. went the 5 necro, 5 IA, 1 molag route. how much into pen CP? guess no point for a sharpened backbar staff as well, charged then?

what about the other CP? basically looking for an updated CP build when you get the time, thanks for all your help @Masel92
    Edited by Draekony on May 22, 2017 4:50PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    hmm charged lightning staff? I'm currently using 2x necropotence sharpened staves.. lightning on front and inferno on back. went the 5 necro, 5 IA, 1 molag route. how much into pen CP? guess no point for a sharpened backbar staff as well, charged then?

what about the other CP? basically looking for an updated CP build when you get the time, thanks for all your help @Masel92

Will do one asap, but I'm travelling until 9th of June... So I can only do it theoretically based on my spreadsheet, without testing.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭

Will do one asap, but I'm travelling until 9th of June... So I can only do it theoretically based on my spreadsheet, without testing.

Theoretically will be nice for now, just looking to get one of my VMA/DPS characters up and moving for now. Not patient enough to sit and work the numbers, thanks again.
  • taiji2078
    taiji2078
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone is still using this build ? Can you still complete vMA with it ? Thank you for any feedback !
    Magicka Pet High Elf Sorcerer , Magicka High Elf Nightblade, Magicka High Elf Templar, Imperial Warden Tank
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be running vma today with a take on this. But I won't be running twilight anymore.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • taiji2078
    taiji2078
    ✭✭✭
    I replaced twilight matriarch with bound aegis on both bars. Less pets to get bugged and the damage lost from the pet is being compensated by the extra mana.

Now I have 51k mana with 17.2k hp (all attributes in mana) and it's ok. (max health and mana food active - not using the epic one, with epic I'll be about 5% more in mana and hp - it's just that I really don't need it with this spec : it works great like this too).

Spell pen from the Spinner's set is more than enough. 5/5 necro, 5/5 spinner's with heavy molag shoulders, all divines. All charged staffs. I'm never out of mana (oom). All gear yellow.

The spec works great and I have no problem completing vMA, using a similar distribution of the CP to Alcast :

The Ritual
    75 Thaumaturge
    The Attronarch
    23 Master at Arms
    The Apprentice
    56 Elemental Expert, 56 Elfborn
    The Shadow
    The Lover
    100 Arcanist, 64 Tenacity
    The Tower
    46 Warlord
    The Lord
    The Lady
    49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
    The Steed
    61 Ironclad, 3 Spell Shield

I'm not using bastion since I find it better to use Ironclad in Morrowind. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Master of arms still needs more testing - looks fine like this for now.

Thank you !
    Edited by taiji2078 on May 30, 2017 10:06AM
    Magicka Pet High Elf Sorcerer , Magicka High Elf Nightblade, Magicka High Elf Templar, Imperial Warden Tank
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taiji2078 wrote: »
    I replaced twilight matriarch with bound aegis on both bars.
    Now, try to change it for Inner Light - you would still have ~same Mag pool (+7% vs +8%) but with much better crit.rate (~ +10%).

Why you are still using Necrop set btw? Isn't it better to take something another, like BSW, or Scathing or even Seducer/Lich?
    Edited by SilverWF on May 30, 2017 11:40AM
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • ATEK302
    ATEK302
    SilverWF wrote: »
    I replaced twilight matriarch with bound aegis on both bars.
    Now, try to change it for Inner Light - you would still have ~same Mag pool (+7% vs +8%) but with much better crit.rate (~ +10%).

Why you are still using Necrop set btw? Isn't it better to take something another, like BSW, or Scathing or even Seducer/Lich?

With pets? No not at all.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to throw it out there that this is still incredibly viable and an easy farming build.

@Masel92 , if I got a charged vma lightning staff is that worth using at all? I've been running 5x necro, 5x spinner, 1x ilambris with charged lightning staves.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Just wanted to throw it out there that this is still incredibly viable and an easy farming build.

@Masel92 , if I got a charged vma lightning staff is that worth using at all? I've been running 5x necro, 5x spinner, 1x ilambris with charged lightning staves.

Charged vma lightning staff is best in slot. Gold it out immediately.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just run 5x spinner, 5x necropotence with a garbage staff back bar?
  • sutasafaia
    Considering coming back for this expansion, maybe give the game another go. I've been torn between magsorc and magplar. Pretty sure I stumbled over this build once before but never really looked into it. I have a lot of issue juggling skills so this seemed like a good place to look. Sorry, I have lots of questions =/ I haven't played for quite a while

How would you say it compares to magplar for ease of use and soloing difficult stuff?

How well does this build do going from 1-50? Does it require X gear to function?

With the recent pet nerfs, is it still a good idea to use two pets or switch one or both out for other passives?

Does the build feel spammy? I know you only really have four skills but your shield having a 6 second timer seems like it might get annoying having to keep it up all the time vs a templar jab spamming (don't have to watch a timer, basically, just jab away). Although I guess shield protects from 1-shots better than healing from spear?

I'm just having a really hard time picking a class, so...any advice appreciated :) This seemed like a really good place to look since your build seems aimed at being simple. Also love lightning staves so...bonus.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't recommend this build as an objective - it's a means to an end. This is a way to farm veteran maelstrom arena. It's a boring build to play, but it gets me through the arena with little to no effort so I keep using it to farm the gear that I want. It isn't a leveling build, it does depend on the gear that is in the build description, and it's better than magplar for soloing and ease of use. I am running only volatile familiar with the new update and switched twilight out for bound aegis.
  • sutasafaia
    I wouldn't find it boring to play honestly, the fewer buttons I have to press the better. My hand doesn't respond as quickly as I would like it to thanks to a work related injury a few years back so "easier" builds are a huge help to me.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    sutasafaia wrote: »
    I wouldn't find it boring to play honestly, the fewer buttons I have to press the better. My hand doesn't respond as quickly as I would like it to thanks to a work related injury a few years back so "easier" builds are a huge help to me.

Then this build is very good for you :smile:

For leveling, simply use crafted julianos with sharpened destruction staffs, and 3 pieces of torugs pact with one heavy and one medium so you level the skill lines. Jewelry doesn't matter too much, you can use any you find and maybe put spell damage enchants on them.

As soon as you are level 50, work on getting the gear for this together. The maelstrom staff is definitely the hardest part to farm, but with the new cps you can use any vMA staff and not lose too much damage overall. I'd probably go with a charged staff with a shock enchant and a lightning wall of elements.

PC EU

Youtube:
  • taiji2078
    taiji2078
    ✭✭✭
    Today is the day :D Welcome back @Masel92 ! I can hardly wait for your testing with Morrowind.

I'm still farming Ilambris ... but I only got the Infused helm so far ... no luck with the shoulders after more than 100 keys used.

Instead I got the Infernal Guardian Set with divines. Isn't it better Infernal than Ilambris ? Can you look into it a little bit ? Thank you !

Infernal Guardian Set

(1 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka

(2 items) When you use a damage shield ability, you have a 50% chance to lob 3 mortars over 2 seconds at the further enemy from you that each deal 5500 Flame Damage to all enemies within 5 meters of the blast area. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
    Edited by taiji2078 on June 9, 2017 12:29PM
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious for an update too...

I could test myself but, you know, new Warden and Morrowind quests are way too enticing right now... No sustain vMA will have to wait a little longer.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too am curious for an update. I ran VMA twice since patch, once on warden and once on mSorc. I definitely lost some DPS. I also just realized I had a charged VMA lighting staff. Should I be running that over sharp with the new CP when solo? As others have said, the only thing I have changed recently was to drop twilight for Bound Aegis. DPS is still good, but I feel like I dont quite have the CP for VMA dialed in yet.
  • taiji2078
    taiji2078
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Masel ! If you gave up on this spec, can you please tell us what sorc build do you play now ? Just curious and a bit bored with the entire game as it is now.

Your build it's still working fine in normal dungeons and trials + vMA ofc, using Alcast's CP distribution model for pet sorc.

Again thank you for your everything here !

Alcast CP's:

Championpoints [630 CP]
    The Ritual
    75 Thaumaturge
    The Attronarch
    23 Master at Arms
    The Apprentice
    The Shadow
    The Lover
    The Tower
    46 Warlord
    The Lord
    The Lady
    The Steed
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Masel ! If you gave up on this spec, can you please tell us what sorc build do you play now ? Just curious and a bit bored with the entire game as it is now.

Your build it's still working fine in normal dungeons and trials + vMA ofc, using Alcast's CP distribution model for pet sorc.

Again thank you for your everything here !

Alcast CP's:

Championpoints [630 CP]
    The Ritual
    75 Thaumaturge
    The Attronarch
    23 Master at Arms
    The Apprentice
    The Shadow
    The Lover
    The Tower
    46 Warlord
    The Lord
    The Lady
    The Steed

It seems crazy to me that you wouldnt put any points into Staff Expert with a heavy attack build.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    No worries, i haven't given up on my sorc, I just have a lot of things to do ingame that I currently prioritize, such as simply leveling all skill lines on my warden and the rest of my game time goes to raids with guilds. I have a few setup tweaks in mind that i'll test as soon as i get the chance, for a pet and a non-pet setup of this build.

To give you an idea of what i have in mind:

Non-pet would use netchs touch, 2 light skoria (or 5/1/1 if you can sustain it), a charged staff with a shock enchant and a vma lightning staff (non-sharpened) on back bar.

Bar setup:
    Main:
    Ward, Endless Fury (for the mag return on kill), Liquid Lightning, Bound Aegis, Inner Light, Shooting Star
    Back:
    Surge, Boundless Storm/Ele Drain, Elemental Blockade, Bound Aegis, Inner Light, Elemental Rage

All but Skoria is Lightning Damage. It procs a lot with lightning heavies and dots up and gives useful health with 7 light. I'll also use that setu in trials as i'm farily fed up with pet builds for now :dizzy:

Pet build would stay as it is, with necro etc.

I use charged staff with shock enchant on the front bar in solo and 4-man content and swap both for sharpened in raids and on stage 6 vMA (unless i'm designated to provide off-balance or simply want to).

New cps would look like:

Red

30 Bastion
    26 Ironclad
    25 Spell Shield
    45 Light Armor focus
    20 thick Skinned
    38 Hardy
    38 Ele Defender

Blue

75 Thaum
    27 Staff Expert