The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Infallible Infinite Wizard (Magsorc Off-Balance Heavy Attack vMA & Trial Build) Summerset

• Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you sir, back to testing. Both healers and both tanks are running lighting wall now so in my mind all magic DPS should be running VMA inferno staves
  • glennsfono
    I must be doing something unbelievably wrong here. I've copied your exact build, minus the vma staff due to needing a good vma build in order to clear vma to acquire said staff. However, despite copying your exact equipment, skills, and rotation, I'm getting 18k dps with the rotation going smoothly, 15k when missing hits and being clunky. How am I virtually mirroring your exact claim, yet at 50% your dps?
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Our build is almost same :D
    I follow your back bar setting, changed from berserker to crushing, still testing :)
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glennsfono wrote: »
    I must be doing something unbelievably wrong here. I've copied your exact build, minus the vma staff due to needing a good vma build in order to clear vma to acquire said staff. However, despite copying your exact equipment, skills, and rotation, I'm getting 18k dps with the rotation going smoothly, 15k when missing hits and being clunky. How am I virtually mirroring your exact claim, yet at 50% your dps?

Thats what always happens when we casuals mimic hardcore folk. Animation cancelling is probably the gap here
  • glennsfono
    Thats what always happens when we casuals mimic hardcore folk. Animation cancelling is probably the gap here

Lol. That's what I wondered at first, but animation canceling only results in extra fast light attacks in between abilities. That's what it does.

So, all the extra light attacks in the world do not equal 20k dps, especially when you factor in mediocre animation canceling already being done. Lol. But what would a filthy casual know anyway?
  • Alite
    Alite
    ✭✭✭

Lmfao it absolutely is not, you have no idea what you're talking about
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a rotation issue, likely you're executing it too slowly and letting your dots run out. Just keep practicing and you'll slowly improve. People always fail to realize it takes a looooong time to master this game.
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only just begun to test this particular build/gear setup, but my first few tries tonight I could barely push past 20k, and maybe half that vs. "live" opponents (dungeon bosses). To be sure, I was wearing purple armour/glyphs (but gold weapons), and my magicka only came out to 45k vs. 48k shown in the parses, so that probably means something. I'm also not using an "optimal" race, which is, let's say, 10% of DPS plus or minus, and my LA weave sometimes gets stuck due to an old controller. So let us suppose in a perfect situation I could push into the mid 20s or maybe even a bit higher...but that's not mid 30s by a lot.

I am having doubts that it is a rotation issue, in part as it is a very small and simple rotation with minimal weaving (comparatively speaking). The only big rotational issue I can think of is the timing of the trap, which needs to arm itself, and the crit damage boost. But the uptime should be high enough for that to be worth +/- a couple of thousand...I don't know. I need to test more.

One thing that stands out to me from the parses in the thread is that spell power is listed at ~2600 while mine - with that gear/glyphs and Mage - is at just under 2200 unbuffed. If that 2600 number is unbuffed then there's one big source of the difference right there, though I haven't a clue where 400 points would have disappeared into if I'm using the same weapons and nearly the same damage glyphs.

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alite wrote: »

Lmfao it absolutely is not, you have no idea what you're talking about

Actually I do :) probably should have said “light and heavy attack weaving” but its the same thing. Someone animation cancelling (weaving) will obviously get much higher DPS. Have you ever noticed how many people run BiS gear but barely 15k dps? I suspect you have no idea what you’re talking about.
  • glennsfono
    Actually I do :) probably should have said “light and heavy attack weaving” but its the same thing. Someone animation cancelling (weaving) will obviously get much higher DPS. Have you ever noticed how many people run BiS gear but barely 15k dps? I suspect you have no idea what you’re talking about.

The fact still stands that no amount if light attacks nor heavy attacks, even with their animations canceled, will give 20k+ dps from those attacks alone.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact still stands that no amount if light attacks nor heavy attacks, even with their animations canceled, will give 20k+ dps from those attacks alone.

True (unless 1 light attack Per Second does 20k, which it does not), so why is there such a disparity between Meta builds DPS?
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So does 5 piece aether actually inhibit off balance from happening?
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will craft some of the new stuff and try it out. Was previously using Overload but think I will switch to something like this. Not sure about no heals though. I would probably drop the mage skill and add Matriach.
    Edited by thedude33 on March 18, 2018 10:33AM
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    So does 5 piece aether actually inhibit off balance from happening?

Nope. Concussion and aether work just fine together.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • anfmofo
    anfmofo
    ✭✭✭
    Hey man, pleased you managed to post an update for latest patch. This build has been amazing since you first posted and I love that you keep updating it. To be fair all your guides are precise and i'm sure it takes loads of effort.

Looking forward to testing it out.
  • H3X0R
    H3X0R
    Soul Shriven
    Did i miss it there is no cp allocation or mundas info? Also been using your builds and i love them.
    Edited by H3X0R on March 25, 2018 12:06AM
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    Nope i'm completely at a loss for CP allocation for this build as well as mundas stone....
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hostee wrote: »
    Nope i'm completely at a loss for CP allocation for this build as well as mundas stone....

8 seconds into the video shows the allocation he used.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SBC wrote: »

8 seconds into the video shows the allocation he used.

Video is outdated, 690cp and Infallible Aether armour. Does not match description in post
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    I’m curious as to why you have vMA staff on the back bar ? If I understand the rotation correct you only light attack before each AoE and do the bulk of your staff damage with the mechanical acuity staff when you heavy attack. Sorry if my question is dumb but I’m still pretty new to the game. I did get my maelstrom lightning staff last night so I’m not completely hopeless lol
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I’m curious as to why you have vMA staff on the back bar ? If I understand the rotation correct you only light attack before each AoE and do the bulk of your staff damage with the mechanical acuity staff when you heavy attack. Sorry if my question is dumb but I’m still pretty new to the game. I did get my maelstrom lightning staff last night so I’m not completely hopeless lol

The buff carries over to the other bar. You cast elemental blockade on the back bar and retain the buff when you go on the front bar where you attack. With a lightning staff it empowers every tick of the channeled staff attack by the flat amount, which makes it really strong.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

The buff carries over to the other bar. You cast elemental blockade on the back bar and retain the buff when you go on the front bar where you attack. With a lightning staff it empowers every tick of the channeled staff attack by the flat amount, which makes it really strong.

Oh okay that totally makes sense if the buff carries over to your main bar. Thank you for the explanation.
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    One last question. What is the BiS gear for this build? I don’t think mechanical acuity and necro are the best but maybe I’m wrong?
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One last question. What is the BiS gear for this build? I don’t think mechanical acuity and necro are the best but maybe I’m wrong?

Same question, how is Mechanical Acuity better than moondancer or infallible aether? Cheers :)
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody knows what’s BiS for this build?
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody knows what’s BiS for this build?

Well at least in what capacity. It is nice having mevhanical avuity proc all of a sudden and ALL yor aoe (liquid lightning, blockade, curse etc) all do crit damage, but not sure how that compares to willpower a monster set and asylum staff over extended durationo
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I will do testing for this build on Sunday and then update it based on what I find on the pts. Many things ate buggy there so it is not clear whether it'll stay the same until it hits live
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Updated for Summerset PTS. Not a lo changed, but the build got more powerful because necropotence contributes to heavy attacks normally now, stacking magicka all the way > BiS for magsorc :smile:
    Edited by Masel on April 26, 2018 9:48AM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How would this build change to account for the Mechanical Acuity change. Since the Sorcerer rotation is mostly DoTs, with little direct damage, would other sets work better? For example I was thinking of using something like 5 Necropotence on the body, 5/3 Infallible Aether jewelry & front bar infused Lightning staff with Maelstrom infused lightning back bar and 2 Ilambris in medium/heavy for Undaunted passive.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    How would this build change to account for the Mechanical Acuity change. Since the Sorcerer rotation is mostly DoTs, with little direct damage, would other sets work better? For example I was thinking of using something like 5 Necropotence on the body, 5/3 Infallible Aether jewelry & front bar infused Lightning staff with Maelstrom infused lightning back bar and 2 Ilambris in medium/heavy for Undaunted passive.

We can go 5x necro, 5x Infallible and 2x Ilambris (undaunted mettle) now too, and with the buff to heavy attacks, the 5 piece IA bonus looks pretty tantalising...