The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Infallible Infinite Wizard (Magsorc Off-Balance Heavy Attack vMA & Trial Build) Summerset

• Alite
    Alite
    ✭✭✭
    What mundus stone you think is best now? @masel92
    Edited by Alite on August 16, 2017 11:23PM
  • Thorgrimn
    Thorgrimn
    ✭✭
    Do you weave in the heavy attacks or just use full heavy attacks? Also wondering which Mundus stone you are currently using. I am thinking Mage or Apprentice for my setup. Noticed you are now using Mages wrath , but I am not sure how you are using that in your rotation.
    Thanks
    Edited by Thorgrimn on August 21, 2017 2:13PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Thorgrimn wrote: »
    Do you weave in the heavy attacks or just use full heavy attacks? Also wondering which Mundus stone you are currently using. I am thinking Mage or Apprentice for my setup. Noticed you are now using Mages wrath , but I am not sure how you are using that in your rotation.
    Thanks

@Alite , I'm still getting the best results with thief, reason is that the critical chance buffs literally everything you do, including the pets (also maw of the infernal), as opposed to spell damage or max magicka. Max magicka doesnt buff heavy attacks much, and spell damage doesnt buff the pet damage at all. On a nonpet build i'm certain that apprentice will give you the best results as it then buffs everything you do and heavy attacks in particular. I will get to test a nonpet build in the next days.

you're right, i should've posted the execute rotation on here as well. I will post a full dummy video and a full vma run video in the next days, i did a 570k run on PC EU with it this week, so it's definetely an easy farm build.
    Edited by Masel on August 21, 2017 2:18PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • liviogc
    liviogc
    ✭✭
    @Masel92 what do you think of the combination for pet build The Mage + Domihaus Set+ Necropotence Set + Grace of the Ancients para builds de pet + staff Master e staff Maelstron ? I get 62k of magic with 2k of spell damage without buff. But my critical chance is 42% with infuse staff. What is the minimum critical chance ? I m using infuse staff. I thinking using precise staff.
    Edited by liviogc on August 24, 2017 12:19PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    liviogc wrote: »
    @Masel92 what do you think of the combination for pet build The Mage + Domihaus Set+ Necropotence Set + Grace of the Ancients para builds de pet + staff Master e staff Maelstron ? I get 62k of magic with 2k of spell damage without buff. But my critical chance is 42% with infuse staff. What is the minimum critical chance ? I m using infuse staff. I thinking using precise staff.

Test it if it's something youre interested in, but i dont think it will be a lot better than what I suggest. Domihaus is a very very bad set, sadly... The Proc is really weak, it doesnt hit things and you need to stay within the range of it to get a benfit that a 1-piece of kena would also give you...
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • liviogc
    liviogc
    ✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    liviogc wrote: »

Test it if it's something youre interested in, but i dont think it will be a lot better than what I suggest. Domihaus is a very very bad set, sadly... The Proc is really weak, it doesnt hit things and you need to stay within the range of it to get a benfit that a 1-piece of kena would also give you...

its true. The set has a cooldown of 5 seconds a piece of kena is better. its proc is pretty bad even less than 1k per second. Thank you.

obs: Sorry english.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I’m just jumped on board this build (somewhat, not exactly) but wonder if Thief, Apprentice or Mage is the better mundus?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Updated with new vMA full run for CWC.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 Awesome! I've always liked this build and the MagDK one for vMA. Much less stress than the stamina runs hehe.

First, are you planning on doing an update run for the MagDK as well? I've watched your old run several times but still struggle a lot in 6. Would love to see how you currently do that one. Maybe an Infused staff with Prismatic Onlaught?

Secondly, have you ever tried a HA MagPlar similar to this and the MagDK one? I'm having tons of issues in vMA with them and they are, by far, my worst scorers there mostly because of sustain. I was wondering if some kind of Off Balance / Heavy Attack would work for the class with 5 Elegance or 5 IA for the bonus to heavy plus some CP investments.
    Edited by Dasovaruilos on December 11, 2017 1:29PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    CalmFury wrote: »
    @Masel92 Awesome! I've always liked this build and the MagDK one for vMA. Much less stress than the stamina runs hehe.

First, are you planning on doing an update run for the MagDK as well? I've watched your old run several times but still struggle a lot in 6. Would love to see how you currently do that one. Maybe an Infused staff with Prismatic Onlaught?

Secondly, have you ever tried a HA MagPlar similar to this and the MagDK one? I'm having tons of issues in vMA with them and they are, by far, my worst scorers there mostly because of sustain. I was wondering if some kind of Off Balance / Heavy Attack would work for the class with 5 Elegance or 5 IA for the bonus to heavy plus some CP investments.

Yes i will, i'm editing it right now and will upload it tonight :) MAgpalr is a different story... if you want me to i can do a full run, i did one two weeks ago and it was nice, with basically the same setup as on mag dk except for witchmothers and skoria instead of ilambris.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CalmFury wrote: »

Yes i will, i'm editing it right now and will upload it tonight :) MAgpalr is a different story... if you want me to i can do a full run, i did one two weeks ago and it was nice, with basically the same setup as on mag dk except for witchmothers and skoria instead of ilambris.

I would love to see it if it is not too much trouble for you.

I started testing with Julianos, Illambris and replacing Lash with Sweeps only if needed for heals, Eruption for Ritual and Ember for Shards. Just to keep the rotaion and shield uptime somewhat closer until I get more used to the build and adapt it more, but I still find the heavy attack damage way lower than the Sorc and DK ones...
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Due to the currently ongoing changes on the PTS, this build has taken a strong nerf. So dont invest in farmign gear or changing any traits etc.

I'm going to retire from theoryfracting because i'm just not in favour what they're doing anymore.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • dickeybarret
    dickeybarret
    ✭✭
    Hearing this makes me really sad Masel. I've been using your builds as templates as long as you've been posting them. Stupid Zos is stupid.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Hearing this makes me really sad Masel. I've been using your builds as templates as long as you've been posting them. Stupid Zos is stupid.

Yeah I'm sorry :neutral: but more often than not it feels like they have no clue what they're doing...
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Masel but totally agree. Thank you for all the great build info you have released!
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to the currently ongoing changes on the PTS, this build has taken a strong nerf. So dont invest in farmign gear or changing any traits etc.

I'm going to retire from theoryfracting because i'm just not in favour what they're doing anymore.

I'd like to congratulate ZOS for being absolutely amazing in dismotivating people, never seen a company do such a nice job with that!

@ZOS_Wrobel the way our feedback is ignored and crazy changes are implemented are slowly killing this game, start to listen more and guess less
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

I'd like to congratulate ZOS for being absolutely amazing in dismotivating people, never seen a company do such a nice job with that!

@ZOS_Wrobel the way our feedback is ignored and crazy changes are implemented are slowly killing this game, start to listen more and guess less

Went on the PTS to test this Build, and it lost about 5k DPS. I might give sorc antoher try as it can at least stay ranged, but my DK is officially rip..
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I'm sorry :neutral: but more often than not it feels like they have no clue what they're doing...
    Hate to see a Master Crafter that has made more than one exquisite piece of furniture go.

But the lack of motivation is understandable when they literally keep cutting the legs out from underneath.

Thanks from all for all the work and testing you've done.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Updated for Dragon Bones.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • JooPi
    JooPi
    ✭✭✭
    @Masel92
    Little mistake in the new gear setup:
    6 Necro & 4 acuity
    Shoulders need to be acuity too
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    JooPi wrote: »
    @Masel92
    Little mistake in the new gear setup:
    6 Necro & 4 acuity
    Shoulders need to be acuity too

Oops, good call!
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Wizball1987
    Wizball1987
    ✭✭✭
    This is great for vma but pets are still a pain in trials?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    This is great for vma but pets are still a pain in trials?

In most fights they are completely fine to use. Even in vAS+2 havong one pet in the raid wont kill you. Other than that i dont see a raid where it is an issue. in vAA HM it is also fine, as long as you stay on the Boss and only put your dots on the mini mages, as long as the pet stand around the boss and doesnt move it wont kill anyone.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 Good update to the build, do you think force pulse rotation is the way to go now as 35k seems to be the damage ceiling for the single pet build? I've seen the double pet build pull higher numbers but I think it's niche at best as there are many trials where the pets will simply die to Mechanics.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    @Masel92 Good update to the build, do you think force pulse rotation is the way to go now as 35k seems to be the damage ceiling for the single pet build? I've seen the double pet build pull higher numbers but I think it's niche at best as there are many trials where the pets will simply die to Mechanics.

Well this build is designed as a sort-of "easy mode" starting point for newer endgame players. The sustainable dps with a force pulse rotation isnt much higher and a LOT harder to execute right. Most high burst parses you see are 3m Dummies with completely unsustainable magicka recovery/drain balances. This one above was done without minor magickasteal and is 100% sustainable. The damage simply doesnt change on a 6m dummy, Thats why i used a 3million because it simply doesnt change anything and takes longer.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well this build is designed as a sort-of "easy mode" starting point for newer endgame players. The sustainable dps with a force pulse rotation isnt much higher and a LOT harder to execute right. Most high burst parses you see are 3m Dummies with completely unsustainable magicka recovery/drain balances. This one above was done without minor magickasteal and is 100% sustainable. The damage simply doesnt change on a 6m dummy, Thats why i used a 3million because it simply doesnt change anything and takes longer.

Thanks for the reply, is the group boost of running an asylum staff worth it then compared to the tried and true heavy attack build? I know sorc was alot of people's road into end game content but what would you recommend? Everyone learn to play Magblade because that's what most of the community is saying.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to say thank you for this whole thread, not only the OP, but all the replies I've seen have been kind and well-reasoned.

Wtb more thread like this!
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Thanks for the reply, is the group boost of running an asylum staff worth it then compared to the tried and true heavy attack build? I know sorc was alot of people's road into end game content but what would you recommend? Everyone learn to play Magblade because that's what most of the community is saying.

The main reasons for magblade meta are the insanely cheap spammable and their leeching strikes return, and their fully ranged skillset. Also, they have a nice access to minor berserk, which is the main advantage in vAS+2, healers can't reliably distribute it to everyone.

A really really skilled magblade player is probably going to outparse you when using this build. But in everything that is not a really optimised scenario, this build is going to give you good results, if you play it right even above average. Also it is really forgiving due to the high health, big Shields and self-healing built-in.

I'll try to get some trial parses down on the weekend but I can't promise anything.

As for the asylum staff: it is a great item, I use it myself on my warden and magblade because they can reliably sustain it. In a raid however, I'd use heavy attacks+infused fire enchant. Minor vulnerability is going to be up a lot from the rest of the skills and fire gives you an individual burning dot entity.
    Edited by Masel on March 13, 2018 4:46PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard mixed opinions about running 5 infallible on front bar for 100% vulnerability uptime on a sorc, I'm sure it would parse less than mechanical acuity but any thoughts on whether or not this is worth it? And one last question, is it worth running a VMA inferno and lightning staff front bar? I'm actually the tank in the group and I'm trying to help the struggling sorcs in the prog team got their numbers. I've permanently slotted engulfing flames now and uptime is pretty decent.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I've heard mixed opinions about running 5 infallible on front bar for 100% vulnerability uptime on a sorc, I'm sure it would parse less than mechanical acuity but any thoughts on whether or not this is worth it? And one last question, is it worth running a VMA inferno and lightning staff front bar? I'm actually the tank in the group and I'm trying to help the struggling sorcs in the prog team got their numbers. I've permanently slotted engulfing flames now and uptime is pretty decent.

Aether is nice on vAA first and second boss and stage 6 of vMA bc these are immune to concussion. Other than that the uptime is good enough without it... So using aether is not that helpful. It is more reliable, but doesn't enable off-balance.

You can (and should in certain scenarios) definitely go for a vMA inferno! In a raid, it is enough if one person uses a lightning blockade (two for safety), as they'll set the targets off-balance whenever concussion is there and the cooldown is off.
    Edited by Masel on March 13, 2018 10:44PM
    PC EU

Youtube: