The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Infallible Infinite Wizard (Magsorc Off-Balance Heavy Attack vMA & Trial Build) Summerset

• Sericus
    Sericus
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I'll be running vma today with a take on this. But I won't be running twilight anymore.

Why are people removing twilight now?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Sericus wrote: »
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I'll be running vma today with a take on this. But I won't be running twilight anymore.

Why are people removing twilight now?

I don't know, it definitely is still viable. With aegis you get stronger Shields and your abilities will hit harder, but the twilight has a burst heal and does free damage. Overall the difference is minimal so just use what you like :smile:
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twilight never impressed me with the DPS addition and I have enjoyed the larger wards with bound aegis. I find that I never need a burst heal from twilight and would run the tormentor anyway - but the boss burns are so quick that it doesn't really matter. Power surge heals me to full while I hardened ward anyway.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • taiji2078
    taiji2078
    ✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    No worries, i haven't given up on my sorc

New cps would look like:

Hey Masel ! Thank you for your kind and informative reply. I'm happy you didn't abandon your sorc (or us, your followers here) :)

The new CP distribution is for the pet build, right ? (it's not clear if it is for your new sorc build idea or for the old pet)

Since I'm using:

5 x necro (2 x charged staves), 4 x light
    4 x spinner's (better stats than Will Power set since I don't have any vMA staff ... yet ...), 1 x light & 3 x jewelry
    2 x Ilambris (medium & heavy),
    should I invest more than 36 points in spell erosion ?

(if you used the online stats calculator for ESO, please tell me and I will try not to bother with my silly questions ... I really do not understand how you could calculate so precise the CP allocation, taking into consideration also the CP passives).

I changed a bit the skills because of the nerfed mana return in Morrowind. Since I play @ PC, I'm using the keys. Here are my key bindings :

1st bar (lightning) :

1. Unstable wall of storms
    2. Empowered ward
    3. Volatile familiar
    4. Mage's wrath
    5. Inner light
    ULT: Shooting star

2nd bar (fire) :

1. Liquid lightning
    2. Power surge
    3. Volatile familiar
    4. Dark conversion
    5. Inner light
    ULT: Shooting star - I find the best suited for my mobility.

Thank you very much again !!!
    Edited by taiji2078 on June 16, 2017 9:16PM
    Magicka Pet High Elf Sorcerer , Magicka High Elf Nightblade, Magicka High Elf Templar, Imperial Warden Tank
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Pet build:

screenshot_20170629_020241.png

Non-pet build:

screenshot_20170629_015558.png

Threw the gear from my dk on the sorc and noticed that it's a very effective build on a sorc too. Dead easy rotation and no sustain issues at all. Don't even need drain.

Bars:

Ward, Clench, Mages wrath, Aegis/Familiar, Inner light, Shooting Star

Surge, Liquid, Blockade, Aegis/Familiar, Inner Light, Thunderous Rage
    Edited by Masel on June 29, 2017 10:44PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Alite
    Alite
    ✭✭✭
    Pet build:

Non-pet build:

Threw the gear from my dk on the sorc and noticed that it's a very effective build on a sorc too. Dead easy rotation and no sustain issues at all. Don't even need drain.

Bars:

What sets? I see illambris in there
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Alite wrote: »
    Pet build:

Non-pet build:

Bars:

2 Ilambris, 5 Spinner and 4 Moondancer with charged front bar staff with shock enchant and sharpened vMA lightning back bar. This is an all class 35k all-round to dps build. Works on warden, dk, nightblade, sorc and templar. On sorc we only proc the one piece bonus. You can also use skoria, that leads to similar results, but on a 5/1/1 Setup you don't need the health, especially when you have a pet around.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Alite
    Alite
    ✭✭✭
    Alite wrote: »
    Pet build:

Non-pet build:

Bars:

2 Ilambris, 5 Spinner and 4 Moondancer with charged front bar staff with shock enchant and sharpened vMA lightning back bar. This is an all class 35k all-round to dps build. Works on warden, dk, nightblade, sorc and templar. On sorc we only proc the one piece bonus. You can also use skoria, that leads to similar results, but on a 5/1/1 Setup you don't need the health, especially when you have a pet around.

Awesome, thanks!
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats the new Cp?

I was using the old build, and have gone necro/netch 5/5 lightning staff both bars but it's still lacking the previous dps.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    taiji2078 wrote: »
    No worries, i haven't given up on my sorc

New cps would look like:

Hey Masel ! Thank you for your kind and informative reply. I'm happy you didn't abandon your sorc (or us, your followers here) :)

The new CP distribution is for the pet build, right ? (it's not clear if it is for your new sorc build idea or for the old pet)

Since I'm using:

5 x necro (2 x charged staves), 4 x light
    4 x spinner's (better stats than Will Power set since I don't have any vMA staff ... yet ...), 1 x light & 3 x jewelry
    2 x Ilambris (medium & heavy),
    should I invest more than 36 points in spell erosion ?

(if you used the online stats calculator for ESO, please tell me and I will try not to bother with my silly questions ... I really do not understand how you could calculate so precise the CP allocation, taking into consideration also the CP passives).

I changed a bit the skills because of the nerfed mana return in Morrowind. Since I play @ PC, I'm using the keys. Here are my key bindings :

1st bar (lightning) :

1. Unstable wall of storms
    2. Empowered ward
    3. Volatile familiar
    4. Mage's wrath
    5. Inner light
    ULT: Shooting star

2nd bar (fire) :

1. Liquid lightning
    2. Power surge
    3. Volatile familiar
    4. Dark conversion
    5. Inner light
    ULT: Shooting star - I find the best suited for my mobility.

Thank you very much again !!!

Concerning your question on spending more than 36 points in spell erosion: generally no, but you want a certain level on penetration without any help now. Tanks can still run the old meta in the old trials, but in halls, they most likely won't do that.

So I use spinner 5-piece instead of necro now.has the advantage that it's more flexible when you need to put your pet away. Gets me to about 11.6k pen, so with crusher/power of the light and breach you'll be at full pen. If you plan on using sharpened weapons, you need 1k less from cp and can spend them elsewhere.
    Edited by Masel on July 1, 2017 6:30PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hempyre wrote: »
    Whats the new Cp?

I was using the old build, and have gone necro/netch 5/5 lightning staff both bars but it's still lacking the previous dps.
    Hempyre wrote: »
    Whats the new Cp?

Use the same point trees just put less in because none are worth more than 50 points anymore
  • Niuby
    Niuby
    Hi Masel92
    I am a stam class fan losing my faith in vMA atm..
    I dont know much of magicka class, but I am thinking to start a magsorc to try, your build bring some hope into me XD, just wondering if this build still viable at the moment, after the heavy nerf on resource regen?

also I have some questions regarding to the gears
    I dont have any IA, but I could grind the hell out for spinner and nerco
    Could I go with 5xnerco (sharpen lighting/ sharpen fire) 5xspinner and 1xillam?

and whats BiS for your build atm?

Thank you!
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niuby wrote: »
    Hi Masel92
    I dont know much of magicka class, but I am thinking to start a magsorc to try, your build bring some hope into me XD, just wondering if this build still viable at the moment, after the heavy nerf on resource regen?

Thank you!

Switch to a magsorc pet build if u have the gold. 2 Illambris. 4 moondancer 5 necro. I suck at pve but i have 14 clears now
  • botanist92
    Darnathian wrote: »
    Hi Masel92

Thank you!

Switch to a magsorc pet build if u have the gold. 2 Illambris. 4 moondancer 5 necro. I suck at pve but i have 14 clears now

i suck at pve too. generally the whole game actually. i didnt really count my clears but i think its around 20? so many runs yet i only got 1 defending lightning staff -_- and loads of restoration staves.. im averaging 1h to 1h 10 min clears.. those videos i see online clear it in 30 min.. how do u even do that -_-

im actually wearing 5 necro 5 spinners 1 ilambris. as u can guess im using precise weapons.. i die too often with low crit sadly
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    This is my current build for vMA and Group Content, simply replace Shooting Star on front bar for Elemental Rage and Elemental Suceptibility for Ward:

screenshot_20170703_193416.png

And this is waht it can do:

screenshot_20170703_193322.png

This is a fully selfsustainable build, so it doesnt even need ele drain on a dummy to be able to do that amount of DPS nor does it require Potions to nor run out of magicka. I'm no vampire either. You coudl probably get out more DPS on the dummy, but what good is it if you run out of mag on any fight that is longer than this dummy? this build does those dps on any dummy, even centurions.

Rotation is also easy peasy:

I do Surge, Thunderous Rage if available, LA, Liquid Lightning, ,LA, Blockade, Bar Swap, Full HA, Pet, Full HA, Daedric Prey, Half HA, Bar Swap and repeat from Liquid Lightning and recast Surge every third rotation.
    Edited by Masel on July 3, 2017 5:40PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    botanist92 wrote: »
    Hi Masel92

Thank you!

i suck at pve too. generally the whole game actually. i didnt really count my clears but i think its around 20? so many runs yet i only got 1 defending lightning staff -_- and loads of restoration staves.. im averaging 1h to 1h 10 min clears.. those videos i see online clear it in 30 min.. how do u even do that -_-

im actually wearing 5 necro 5 spinners 1 ilambris. as u can guess im using precise weapons.. i die too often with low crit sadly

Low crit? All divines. Thief. Magelight both bars. You miss the 2 piece illambris?
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my current build for vMA and Group Content, simply replace Shooting Star on front bar for Elemental Rage and Elemental Suceptibility for Ward:

screenshot_20170703_193416.png

And this is waht it can do:

screenshot_20170703_193322.png

This is a fully selfsustainable build, so it doesnt even need ele drain on a dummy to be able to do that amount of DPS nor does it require Potions to nor run out of magicka. I'm no vampire either. You coudl probably get out more DPS on the dummy, but what good is it if you run out of mag on any fight that is longer than this dummy? this build does those dps on any dummy, even centurions.

Rotation is also easy peasy:

I do Surge, Thunderous Rage if available, LA, Liquid Lightning, ,LA, Blockade, Bar Swap, Full HA, Pet, Full HA, Daedric Prey, Half HA, Bar Swap and repeat from Liquid Lightning and recast Surge every third rotation.

What do ypu think about spinners. Necro. And vma staffs?
  • botanist92
    botanist92 wrote: »
    Hi Masel92

Thank you!

Low crit? All divines. Thief. Magelight both bars. You miss the 2 piece illambris?

yes i got rid of 2 piece ilambris. i meant that if i were to use some random sharpened staff compared to a precise one id have rather low crit. currently sitting only at 64% with precise.. used magelight thief and all divines. if i took out precise id find my healing rates to be quite low..
  • Niuby
    Niuby
    Hi Masel92

Thank you!

so that means I have to farm vMoL for the gold Moondancer jewelry, and the how abt the weapon, is it the charged is better than sharpen in this build? Thanks~
    Edited by Niuby on July 4, 2017 12:30AM
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Masel92

Thank you!

so that means I have to farm vMoL for the gold Moondancer jewelry, and the how abt the weapon, is it the charged is better than sharpen in this build? Thanks~

Idont have gold. Its not much better. Farm nMoL for divine armor pieces. I got mine in one run. Then use purple necro jewlery.

I tried charged necro. Inf vma staff. I still prefer sharpened
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im looking for petless build that does 30k + DPS in bad ping environment, used to pull that pre-morrowind. But cant find it after morrowind.

From what I see the go to set, is not netch as I though but spinners ? Is spinners really better than netch ?

Also it would probably be nice as it allows me to use my nirnhoned maelstrom straff due to the extra penetration ?

• Niuby
    Niuby
    ok, I just come back to give a update on this build, First, for the gears, I am wearing 4 x MD gold, 3 x necro jewels purple, 1 x necro boot, and golden sharpen necro lighting staff on both bars, gold ilambris all divines.

suitability is rly good however the burst dmg is rly low, especially on the last stage you will find it is really hard to bring down the killing croc fast enough, low burst dmg and slow dot dmg will become a negative chain, since you could not kill adds fast enough, then when they moved you have to recast the spelsl which will consume lots of magicka, and you wont have time to do HA to regen enuff mana, while you have to spam your shield to survive.

so, so far I will say avoid the pet sorc in vma atm. I will try to go petless later, but for now pet sorc is definitely worse than stam sorc imo.
    Edited by Niuby on July 21, 2017 3:25PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Updated for HotR
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    ok, I just come back to give a update on this build, First, for the gears, I am wearing 4 x MD gold, 3 x necro jewels purple, 1 x necro boot, and golden sharpen necro lighting staff on both bars, gold ilambris all divines.

suitability is rly good however the burst dmg is rly low, especially on the last stage you will find it is really hard to bring down the killing croc fast enough, low burst dmg and slow dot dmg will become a negative chain, since you could not kill adds fast enough, then when they moved you have to recast the spelsl which will consume lots of magicka, and you wont have time to do HA to regen enuff mana, while you have to spam your shield to survive.

so, so far I will say avoid the pet sorc in vma atm. I will try to go petless later, but for now pet sorc is definitely worse than stam sorc imo.

Well i did a vMA run this morning and did 571k, which is somewhat in lign with what i did in Morrowind as well. If thats not fast enough for you then i dont know... And putting down dots and completing one Heavy Attack kills a daedroth before it can even do anything.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Croblasta
    Croblasta
    Do you have any suggestions/modifications for a non pet build for when pets are frowned upon and not allowed in trials?
    Edited by Croblasta on August 16, 2017 5:53PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Croblasta wrote: »
    Do you have any suggestions/modifications for a non pet build for when pets are frowned upon and not allowed in trials?

Same Build, Skoria instead of Maw/Ilambris+ Bound Aegis instead of Pet. As we're not using necro it doesnt affect the damage too much, the difference is about 1k dps.

If you need skills like purge, drop aegis and slot clench and purge instead.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Croblasta
    Croblasta
    Croblasta wrote: »

Same Build, Skoria instead of Maw/Ilambris+ Bound Aegis instead of Pet. As we're not using necro it doesnt affect the damage too much, the difference is about 1k dps.

If you need skills like purge, drop aegis and slot clench and purge instead.

I can't test this out yet since I'm on consoles, but it looks awesome. One question about rotation for non pet. Would I still use curse for non pet or swap to clench? Would the rotation essentially be

LA>LL>LA>Blockade>BS>HA>Clench?

I'm a bit confused with the rotation for non pet :D
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92
    Love your builds. Thanks for the update. I see in your explanation for gear it says you're not using deadric prey with this build but in the bar set up it's there. I've been known to miss obvious things here and there so correct me if I'm wrong. If not, then what is the bar setup you recommend?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    seedubsrun wrote: »
    @Masel92
    Love your builds. Thanks for the update. I see in your explanation for gear it says you're not using deadric prey with this build but in the bar set up it's there. I've been known to miss obvious things here and there so correct me if I'm wrong. If not, then what is the bar setup you recommend?

Oh ***, the prior version didn't, this one does :D the bars in the pictures are correct
    Edited by Masel on August 16, 2017 8:06PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    seedubsrun wrote: »
    @Masel92

Oh ***, the prior version didn't, this one does :D the bars in the pictures are correct

lol ok thanks for the clarification! carry on citizen