Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Magicka DK gear question/help PvE

W0lf_z13
W0lf_z13
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,
Currently I have a Dunmer MagDK as my main ( I love playing him, he's a ton of fun ). Gear wise I'm running 2x Grothdarr, 5x Twice Born Star, and 5x Silks of the Sun. With this setup my spell damage seems a bit low ( Running Thief and Shadow mundus ) floating just under 2k and just over 2k with Igneous Weapons.... I am curious as to what people think would be a better choice for MagDK or if this setup is the "BiS".
Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated
Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    5x burning spellweave, 2x grothdar, 3/4x infallible/moondancer, 1x vma inferno sharpened
    SW GoH > ESO
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    X3ina wrote: »
    5x burning spellweave, 2x grothdar, 3/4x infallible/moondancer, 1x vma inferno sharpened

currently i run dw swords on my main bar for the extra spell damage and destro on my backbar... i know it used to be the main way to go when i started playing. Is dw no longer the better choice?
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭
    DW can be a good choice if youre interested in a different set that requires 5 pieces, you can do the DoTs on the backbar and then damage with the rest on the mainbar
    "Am I truly lost? Is this the end of me? Perhaps...just like all stories have a beginning, all of them will have an ending"
    ~Brelin Geolas

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing"
    ~Lyris Titanborn

"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."
    ~M'aiq the Liar
    Kornwalsky - Dunmer - Nightblade
    Tinker Knight - Khajiit - DragonKnight
    Erenimir - Altmer - Sorcerer
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer
    Kristof Nordgård - Breton - Templar

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't tested it THIS patch, but it used to be more competentative with double destro. Medium staff weaves just overdpsed extra damage bonus from passively holding dual on a main bar
    SW GoH > ESO
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    ffs... Why, just why did you asked that, now i have to farm the sh*t out of CoA till i got my sharpened/precise swords/daggers.

And the same time do alot of vMA runs to get that inferno staff, while we have double loot.

You just made my life alot harder lol
    SW GoH > ESO
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had been thinking about the burning spellweave set, but wasn't sure if that would be the better choice over TbS lol

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMFAO @X3ina my bad lol

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    X3ina wrote: »
    ffs... Why, just why did you asked that, now i have to farm the sh*t out of CoA till i got my sharpened/precise swords/daggers.

And the same time do alot of vMA runs to get that inferno staff, while we have double loot.

You just made my life alot harder lol

i haven't even managed to get through vMA once yet.... im at the second stage so far ... cleared the normal mode once and thought THAT was a pain lol ... SO much to pay attention to in the vmode

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I run, 5 spell weave, 3 aether and 2 illambris and vma lit staff. I run vma in the same time as my Sorc with it so it must be good. It procs plenty without an inferno and you just drop dots and hold trigger with 10k heavy attacks attacked to it. Plus the aoe damage is immense. I don't really rate grothdarr on a DK. You're first attack will be a staff and it'll proc before you get there wasting it.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!