Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

[VIDEO]Crescent's Magicka Templar Build - Soul Jabber 3.0 (Morrowind&HotR)

• crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    2nd gameplay video is up!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbki_x4YrCo

Enjoy!
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    #3 Group gameplay vid up!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5pY6hsfJQM
    ENJOY!

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • azfardajiwang
    azfardajiwang
    ✭✭
    I tested out.. Soulshine doesn't work with jabs. In fact, you'd get better stats with willpower and torugs
    Natalia Irisa ★ Magicka Templar ★ Daggerfall Convenant ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★ Crowned Emperor 060617
    Nate The Bait ★ Magicka Templar ★ Aldmeri Dominion ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tested out.. Soulshine doesn't work with jabs. In fact, you'd get better stats with willpower and torugs

This is false, just doesn't update the tooltips.
  • azfardajiwang
    azfardajiwang
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

This is false, just doesn't update the tooltips.

Try it out on a mob then
    Natalia Irisa ★ Magicka Templar ★ Daggerfall Convenant ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★ Crowned Emperor 060617
    Nate The Bait ★ Magicka Templar ★ Aldmeri Dominion ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works for me on both mobs and players....
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine definitely works. Jabs tooltip is always going to remain low though, the ability itself does not scale too much but they do hit much harder with soulshine.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone help me with the updated skills for dw and SnB? Can't really see on the video the skills needed for the updated one.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hawco10 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with the updated skills for dw and SnB? Can't really see on the video the skills needed for the updated one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7a79hxlijg
    check this video out! It consist of my latest gameplay and u can refer to the skills I used in the video

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    Tagging interesting thread for later.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @crusnik91 I'm confused, last patch you were running a higher damage lower sustain build. Now that magplar best CC got nerfed you're running less damage for the sake of a skill slot and more regen, even though magplar sustain is incredibly good now. Is there a reason you've opted for less damage and more sustain when magplar arguably has less damage and more sustain anyway this patch in comparison to last patch?
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @crusnik91 I'm confused, last patch you were running a higher damage lower sustain build. Now that magplar best CC got nerfed you're running less damage for the sake of a skill slot and more regen, even though magplar sustain is incredibly good now. Is there a reason you've opted for less damage and more sustain when magplar arguably has less damage and more sustain anyway this patch in comparison to last patch?

I use lighting staff for increase jabs damage and for the CC from destro skill line. My beam + gap closer will lose some damage but overall jabs + lighting clench + reflective light + skoria will supply enough damage for killing off targets. Not to mention in this patch I will be using destro ulti for maximum damage output. Since I dropped soulshine and dual wield I think that's the go to ulti for most of the destro staff templars.
    But all in all the old build is still really solid imo. It's just with dual wield u can't use crescent sweep anymore and u are basically stuck with soul assault(meteor is a nono on templar) That's one of the main reason I switched as well

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what did you drop soulshine for.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use lightning staff it just offers so much more than dw at min
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I use lightning staff it just offers so much more than dw at min

yea if u watch the video closely i am using lighting staff too ;)

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey dude. I love ur vids.

I have a challenge for you. Put together a Light armor build. I got bored of people complaining about templar be too strong in heavy armor. So i switched to light. I managed to 1v3 in trueflame the other day in it. And when dueling, my buds compliment my damage against their heavy meta builds and can hold my own against any class combo out there. I dont win all the time but the fights last long enough for them to be shocked i was in light armor with only harness magick on my bar. Hope you try it out man
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That`s some quality content, especially the educational gameplay commentary about decision making & stuff.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    That`s some quality content, especially the educational gameplay commentary about decision making & stuff.

thanks koma :D
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Hey dude. I love ur vids.

I have a challenge for you. Put together a Light armor build. I got bored of people complaining about templar be too strong in heavy armor. So i switched to light. I managed to 1v3 in trueflame the other day in it. And when dueling, my buds compliment my damage against their heavy meta builds and can hold my own against any class combo out there. I dont win all the time but the fights last long enough for them to be shocked i was in light armor with only harness magick on my bar. Hope you try it out man

hey mate I truly think that heavy armor is the better way to go for templar. Since u got the best heal in the game running shields are just not good. on the other hand u need to sacrifice a slot for shields too :(
    I used to run light armor at 1.7 but after the improvement to heavy I really think that light are meant for mag NB, sorc or even some dk builds. In a group less than 4 I think heavy armor is 100% the way to go. But if u run in a raid size group then light armor is viable.
    Btw about ur challenge I would like to do it after the next big patch hits the server so I got more sets to work with :D
    But for now i will just stick to heavy

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    Totally not "your" build. Poop tons on console play this. Have since 1tamriel. Its actually a very common meta.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    makeumrage wrote: »
    Totally not "your" build. Poop tons on console play this. Have since 1tamriel. Its actually a very common meta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0VOmZRsL9c
    MORE THAN 4 MONTHS AGO ;)

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im telling you, lol. Heavy is the better option for defense but Light armor is not far behind. I dont know what happened or why, but every class/ spec i go against i can hold my own. Even 1vX its still really powerful. I never run out of magick through harness magick, i run 700 mag regen, and have even began making things more difficult by removing reduced cost CP, preparing for possible changes.

One of my good templar friends basically called me a wimp for running heavy armor meta, after i was complaining about the amount of damage my toon put down in heavy, he challenged me to wear all LA and i am NOT looking back.

I have in TF, 14k spell pen/ 3k SD (buffedish)/ 55% crit/ and 40k mag (on my nord XD). Its and incredible build. Plays very similar to this build you have.

My bud told me the reason it doesnt feel so weak anymore is because the ueavy armor build allowed me to work on my skill by actung like training wheels, but now that i take off the training wheels, my defense is still there with HUGE damage increases. Thanks for listening man, good luck!.

Oh BTW...you taje too long to put out tenplar videos! MOAR GAMEPLAY VIDEOS FASTER PLS.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im telling you, lol. Heavy is the better option for defense but Light armor is not far behind. I dont know what happened or why, but every class/ spec i go against i can hold my own. Even 1vX its still really powerful. I never run out of magick through harness magick, i run 700 mag regen, and have even began making things more difficult by removing reduced cost CP, preparing for possible changes.

One of my good templar friends basically called me a wimp for running heavy armor meta, after i was complaining about the amount of damage my toon put down in heavy, he challenged me to wear all LA and i am NOT looking back.

I have in TF, 14k spell pen/ 3k SD (buffedish)/ 55% crit/ and 40k mag (on my nord XD). Its and incredible build. Plays very similar to this build you have.

My bud told me the reason it doesnt feel so weak anymore is because the ueavy armor build allowed me to work on my skill by actung like training wheels, but now that i take off the training wheels, my defense is still there with HUGE damage increases. Thanks for listening man, good luck!.

Oh BTW...you taje too long to put out tenplar videos! MOAR GAMEPLAY VIDEOS FASTER PLS.

Light armor is not a good choice for a templar 1vX if you are getting attacked by anything other than potatoes. It's not so much running out of magicka (light armor is better for than) or damage (ditto). You are a templar who relies on block and eating hits as opposed to shielding or dodging them. That requires a lot of stamina, which light armor is absolutely terrible at, and that's not my opinion, that is the mathematics and mechanics of Elder Scrolls Online. A light armor build cannot maintain your stamina if even decent players are CCing you every 7 seconds, rooting you, while it is judiciously blocking. That is the actually the biggest benefit heavy armor gives, asides from the extra resistance, extra health, extra healing, and still good damage.

This doesn't mean I can't log onto TF in light armor and beat most of the people I come across and even some of them at the same time. I and you and the OP can because we are experienced players with good knowledge of what a templar can do. It means in a competitive situation against other experienced players who also knows their class, say against a DK who spams fossilize and talons, a high damaging NB that forces me to block more than I'd like to, and even a random potato who in this meta is still very dangerous because of the power creep, I am going to run out of stamina and die.

A light armor build will defeat a inexperienced player quicker than a heavy armor build. But while I think Wrobel and ZoS will assume that means Light Armor is a competitive alternative, I do not interpret that as being nearly equivalent in power or potential.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol...um, i dont know man, run tri stat, you dont get much stam from 1 heavy, but you should still magage, i use tri stat pots too if that helps.

If you find X amount of players that are half their salt in cyrodil, youre not 1vXing them. With my team, running with two of us, your NOT winning, i dont care what build you run. At the most youre too tanky for us to beat but your not killin us. That leaves "everyone else" so to speak, the "potatoes". And in LA yeah you can win, may have more of a chance at beating em in heavy sure, but the extra damage i throw down means i can put a ton more pressure. If i run across all stamina toons i may have a bit more trouble. But there are counters to every build. If you as a heavy templar run across a few builds that can dirrectly counter you, your gonna have a hard time too. Fighting mag builds, ive got unlimited magick, leaving me to be able to put that much more pressure.

My point, is its a different playstyle, i dont run sword and board, i run resto for the heal ult, or lightning for group play and destro ult. It works man, you have to try it out XD. Five light spinners/ grothdar/ willpower and Soulshine weaps for 1 piece mag. (Only cause i had em golded already). Try it out, adjust ur build you wont regret it man!
    Edited by Baconlad on March 23, 2017 2:34PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah and i would rather die on the field attempting to kill three enemies than run back to keep anyway, so mistform, smash block, purge, mist form again isnt really for me. Mist form for me is getting a better possition, los, or moving toward my enemy, nothing more
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol...um, i dont know man, run tri stat, you dont get much stam from 1 heavy, but you should still magage, i use tri stat pots too if that helps.

If you find X amount of players that are half their salt in cyrodil, youre not 1vXing them. With my team, running with two of us, your NOT winning, i dont care what build you run. At the most youre too tanky for us to beat but your not killin us. That leaves "everyone else" so to speak, the "potatoes". And in LA yeah you can win, may have more of a chance at beating em in heavy sure, but the extra damage i throw down means i can put a ton more pressure. If i run across all stamina toons i may have a bit more trouble. But there are counters to every build. If you as a heavy templar run across a few builds that can dirrectly counter you, your gonna have a hard time too. Fighting mag builds, ive got unlimited magick, leaving me to be able to put that much more pressure.

My point, is its a different playstyle, i dont run sword and board, i run resto for the heal ult, or lightning for group play and destro ult. It works man, you have to try it out XD. Five light spinners/ grothdar/ willpower and Soulshine weaps for 1 piece mag. (Only cause i had em golded already). Try it out, adjust ur build you wont regret it man!

5 Alchemist 3 Heavy + SNB back bar
    5 Spinners 3 Jewels, waist+gloves
    2 Skoria
    1 VMA lightning staff

That's over 3200 spell damage AND 15k spell pen without alchemist proc, plus the skoria burst. I can't imagine why you'd need MORE damage than that. I'm glad you're making light armor work for magplar, but its certainly not the best choice available because you don't actually need any extra damage to get kills.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not using clever alchemist XD. Oooo budy AND vma staff. Sounds like a fun build! If i could only get that lightning staff in sharp! You must stack the *** out of spell pen CP cuase youd have 9-10k pen without it.

The reason i wanted LA armor was mainly because i heard rumors about BGs not having all the sustain from CP. Wanting more damage as a rusult was very important. Also there are so many players complaining about CP being a crutch, and even though i do NOT agree that it is, i wanted to be able to have a build that did not utilize regen sustain CPs, and my heavy armor build was not cutting it. Having to run a sustain set in cyrodil or BGs...no thanks. So i stacked different sources of damage, the best way to stack damage in no CP is to run LA armor and still be able to get better sustain through LA passives and harness magick. So yeah man, ultimately if it you the kills it gets you the kills. The CP changes ive given myself allow me to stack break free cost. (I still run 50 in cost reduction, but am weening myself off of it). Good convo man. Thats a lot of spell damage from different sources on ur build. Good luck!