The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[VIDEO]Crescent's Magicka Templar Build - Soul Jabber 3.0 (Morrowind&HotR)

crusnik91
crusnik91
✭✭✭✭
Full detail build video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fFFeLfGL8U

Gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p23Um1YfQhU

1 light 1 Medium 5 Heavy
Sets: Skoria, Shaklebreaker & War Maiden
dual wield and s&b setup

INTRO:
This build is meant to play solo or in a small group (not more than 4). *This build is not meant for healing*
PROs: Really high damage overall + extremely high crit
CONs: Sustain a bit tight(switching mundus helps)
FULL BUILD INFO:
unbuffed stats on s&b bar
SjwKWq8.png
SETS:
1 light 1 medium 5 Heavy
Sets: Skoria, Shacklebreaker & war maiden
dualwield and s&b setup

WVxQaRx.png
WHY HEAVY ARMOR? Pretty simple. To survive all the hard hitting stam/mag users. Without shields heavy armor is the way to go.
WHY Shacklebreaker? Shacklebreaker is the set to go for to be able to use witchmother potent brew foodbuff while maintaining a 14/15k stamina pool.
WHY SKORIA OVER GROTHAR? 2 reasons - CD is faster 5 secs against 10 secs. skoria is locked on target and grothar is locked on user. Bursting target is key in PVP so skoria is better
WHY WAR MAIDEN? It is simple just the best damage set for mag templar in this patch + it does increases the damage of burning light too
CP, Mundus & FoodBuff
Very straight forward and generic CP setup. Good amount of points into thaumaturge for DOTs and Master at Arms for direct damage. Do put some into block cost reduction as well
Atro mundus or Thief mundus & witchmother brew foodbuff
SKILLS:
vBH4dNs.png
For raiding: Walls of element + shards are really good options
Soul Assault is a decent ultimate for pure single target instead of dawnbreaker
Bats is pretty good as well for a substitute for shield ulti
STATS SHEET
MVXHjJ7.png
Fully buffed stats on dualwield
COMBACT GAMEPLAY
Try to fight in close doors/tight areas where your jabs could contact easier. Lying down both ground buff (channel focus & ritual) is extremely important too. Keeping up purfying + vamp's bane will keep you enemy underpressure and always try to play around the 6 secs burst of purfying light. If you want to be even more deadly with bursting enemy down try to time your ultimate with skoria proc(you will hear a proc sound before skoria lands). Lastly make sure u weave in light attacks before jabbing because weapon enchantments are getting so strong now it will be stupid not to make use of them!

LAST WORDS:
Mag Templar is one of the harder classes to go solo. having a mate with u is the best way to play. That being said with a smart use of LOS or indoors advantage templars do have a really good chance in 1vX-ing(even against decent players) because of the setup u have u get to surprise many players with your outcoming damage. A lot of the times it comes down to being aggressive at the right time and being defensive at the needed moments.
Feel free to give me any constructive feedback or ask me anything! :smile:
Edited by crusnik91 on October 15, 2017 7:52PM
YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
Courageous DC
Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
Relentless AD
Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd put 75 in thaumaturge and a lightning destro on the back bar for setting enemies of balance for the 10% more damage. And your sweeps will hit over 6.5k
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd put 75 in thaumaturge and a lightning destro on the back bar for setting enemies of balance for the 10% more damage. And your sweeps will hit over 6.5k

thats a really good idea actually. i see some ppl do that in duels but i have to give it a try in open world see how it goes

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go 5 soulshine, 5 lich(SnB) back bar, 2 skoria or grothdar, and duel wield 2 sharp willpower swords. More life, more recovery, and hits just as hard. Plus you can use tri stat food!
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Go 5 soulshine, 5 lich(SnB) back bar, 2 skoria or grothdar, and duel wield 2 sharp willpower swords. More life, more recovery, and hits just as hard. Plus you can use tri stat food!

more recovery yes more stamina yes. but there's a significant damage reduction if u use lich instead of spinner
    let's do the maths FOR DAMAGE OUTPUT shall we?
    lich - 1 max magicka + dual wield willpower 1.5 max magicka + 1k extra max magicka from tristate food
    spinner - 2 max magicka + 1 spell power damage + 4k spell penetration(~350 spell damage)
    with spinner = minimum of 300 more spell damage

In a group lich is defo the way to go. But playing solo u need that damage/penetration to kill stuff because with my setup atm i have 2.2k magicka regen on s&b bar(atro mundus). If u maintain ur ritual (which is 240 per sec= 480 magicka regen) u will have 2.68k magicka regen which is defo high enough for any templar.
    Edited by crusnik91 on November 7, 2016 3:36PM

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did they change it? as far as i remember sweeps weren't classified as channel (and neither as casting) leaving soulshine only relevant for beam (and dark flare or the heal).
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    did they change it? as far as i remember sweeps weren't classified as channel (and neither as casting) leaving soulshine only relevant for beam (and dark flare or the heal).

You're incorrect, sweeps definitely gets buffed by soulshine.

edit: I think the tooltip still remains unchanged
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 7, 2016 4:10PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Yea I think the tooltip states the same. Mostly because the buff is a condition instead of a buff to core stats?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @WillhelmBlack: Looks like the build you casually mentioned in some random thread a while ago. :trollface:
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    @WillhelmBlack: Looks like the build you casually mentioned in some random thread a while ago. :trollface:

@Lava_Croft

It is exactly the same, skills and everything. I still prefer Defensive Stance to Mist Form though and sometimes I still use Engine Guardian if I'm roaming solo, sometimes Grothdarr. I'm not surprised someone else came up with it, it kinda makes sense. It's the logical way to go so I doubt he's copied my build.

The build is insanely good, probably the strongest yet. Hits so hard that I get at least 2 hate whispers a night.

His stats are a little off mine tho, 40k Magicka is achievable.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on November 8, 2016 8:19AM
    PC EU
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hence the trollface, this build is the most sensible DPS build for PvP MagPlars ;)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice build OP
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hence the trollface, this build is the most sensible DPS build for PvP MagPlars ;)

Is it though?

BSW gives more damage than spinner by far and has upwards of 70% uptime and isn't rendered ineffective by damage shields
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still better then a reactive noob whos gameplay is based on mist forming back towards his zerg.
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is it though?

BSW gives more damage than spinner by far and has upwards of 70% uptime and isn't rendered ineffective by damage shields

In PvP your greatest enemy is heavy armour.
    PC EU
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crusnik91 wrote: »

more recovery yes more stamina yes. but there's a significant damage reduction if u use lich instead of spinner
    lich - 1 max magicka + dual wield willpower 1.5 max magicka + 1k extra max magicka from tristate food
    spinner - 2 max magicka + 1 spell power damage + 4k spell penetration(~350 spell damage)

In a group lich is defo the way to go. But playing solo u need that damage/penetration to kill stuff because with my setup atm i have 2.2k magicka regen on s&b bar(atro mundus). If u maintain ur ritual (which is 240 per sec= 480 magicka regen) u will have 2.68k magicka regen which is defo high enough for any templar.

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crusnik91 wrote: »

Here my lastest screenshot buffed, no continuous, no emp. Do the math B)Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=F7Uu1mHBoxVeryT9LD532xtPhDFJV3ai40MpRsMyP40%3D&st=2016-11-08T17%3A52%3A27Z&se=2016-11-08T18%3A57%3A27Z&sp=r&__gda__=1478631447_e74db10e609d9bdcb9579f36c39d90e6
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is it though?

BSW gives more damage against heavy armor than spinner does though and its not even remotely close.

edit: I will say that for duels spinner is likely much better, but in open world cyrodiil its too easy to keep bsw proc'ed to not run it imo
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 8, 2016 6:17PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is it though?

BSW gives more damage against heavy armor than spinner does though and its not even remotely close.

edit: I will say that for duels spinner is likely much better, but in open world cyrodiil its too easy to keep bsw proc'ed to not run it imo

BSW is good, just not as good as Spinners for solo or small scale PvP. I don't want to rely on procs or 1 skill (Vampires Bane/Reflective Light) to get more Spell Power. 3500 is enough for me and in this set up the penetration works on all my damage skills and it's reliable.

My Templar has over cap spell resist, in other words Magicka based enemies tickle. I'd hate to go against someone who is ignoring a large chunk of that resistance though.
    PC EU
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have an addon that displays spell power and weapon damage. I see the opposite. Spell damage increases for sweeps but doesn't move for radiant destruction.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have an addon that displays spell power and weapon damage. I see the opposite. Spell damage increases for sweeps but doesn't move for radiant destruction.

It also buffs radiant for sure.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It also buffs radiant for sure.

Good to know!

I should say I have an addon that displays weapon and spell damage on my main screen without having to go into inventory or the character screen. I downloaded it because of soulshine. Apparently not working right, though.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really detailed analysis of some clips. Give the vid a try! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMOPTGwlXcY

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any reason you use snb instead of dw? You're using mist to mitigate and aren't using defensive stance.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3:26

Man I hate when that happens. You go to execute and "WTF is RD targeting?!"

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any reason you use snb instead of dw? You're using mist to mitigate and aren't using defensive stance.

Have you tried snb on a magplar? Particularly with 5 soulshine 5 spinners 2 skoria you've got TONS of damage. I can't tell you how many times I'm in execute range with multiple people pounding on me and a Block+BoL gets you to full health, not only does it save your skin its pretty demoralizing to fight against for less experienced players. It really comes down to destro vs DW, either you want that constant spell damage and 5% damage buff or you want eye for crazy strong aoe damage, but either way snb is ridiculously good on any build with strong burst heals
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 13, 2016 4:32PM
  • EdgarLecter
    A noob question,
    Doesn't the lack of a Destruction Staff hurt your magicka regen? Since heavy attacks restore magicka.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried snb on a magplar? Particularly with 5 soulshine 5 spinners 2 skoria you've got TONS of damage. I can't tell you how many times I'm in execute range with multiple people pounding on me and a Block+BoL gets you to full health, not only does it save your skin its pretty demoralizing to fight against for less experienced players. It really comes down to destro vs DW, either you want that constant spell damage and 5% damage buff or you want eye for crazy strong aoe damage, but either way snb is ridiculously good on any build with strong burst heals

I play dw/ resto. Soulshine using jewellery, julianos heavy, skoria. Lights champion morph of the resto ultimate is so strong even solo. I won't use the destro ultimate. It's worse for this game than proc sets imo.

You can block heal with any weapon. I guess it is the passive that makes the blocking better, thought it was the skill for some reason. Either way, with lights champion, you have 5 second where you don't need to heal and can just pressure regardless of the burst they give you. 96 ultimate and you'll have it an the time so long as you're killing people.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    A noob question,
    Doesn't the lack of a Destruction Staff hurt your magicka regen? Since heavy attacks restore magicka.

In the mist of pvp-ing I dont u have the time to full charge a heavy attack. But if u are playing the build right i dont think u will have any magicka issues. The trick is to keep ritual up at all times :)

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 1.9k in heavy, it's a decent amount but I've gone through it in longer fights.