Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can you do quests with friends, which you've already done?

HoonKimm
HoonKimm
Soul Shriven
I'm still quite a new player to ESO [currently doing Cadwell's Silver, Highest level character only lv 35] , and I have read the One Tamriel Patch Notes, but I'm not exactly 100% sure if I'm interpreting everything correctly. Forgive me for that.

So recently my two friends have just got ESO. They're obviously not as far into the story as I am, but I was wondering if I would be able to group with them and replay the missions I've already done with them? Since I started as a Khajiit in the AD, would I be able to replay the quests in the AD with my friends? Or would I have to make a new character if I wanted to play along with them?

Last of all, I haven't touched the Daggerfall Covenant quests yet, but if my friend were to create a DC character, I should be able to play with him right?

Sorry if these questions are obvious and I'm being ignorant.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can play with them, as in group up and go through the quest related locations with them, but the quest will not be active for you. This means your friend might be talking to NPCs you don't see, or fight mobs that are already neutral/friendly for you.

It can also happen that you are put in different instances of locations, depending on the extend of changes that happen to the location during the quest.
    Edited by Loc2262 on November 4, 2016 2:59AM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • HoonKimm
    HoonKimm
    Soul Shriven
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    You can play with them, as in group up and go through the quest related locations with them, but the quest will not be active for you. This means your friend might be talking to NPCs you don't see, or fight mobs that are already neutral/friendly for you.

It can also happen that you are put in different instances of locations, depending on the extend of changes that happen to the location during the quest.

I see, but however we could still do the ColdHarbour quests together right? Since I haven't started those yet?
    Edited by HoonKimm on November 4, 2016 5:10AM
  • Brokensocket
    Brokensocket
    ✭✭✭
    Cadwells silver isnt unlocked untill level 50 so how are you doing it on your highest level 35?
    PSN: Spaztik_89
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HoonKimm: Yep sure, any quest you haven't completed yet you can do together. You could even - if you badly want to do them together - abandon quests you already started but not completed, and start them again with your friend.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadwells silver isnt unlocked untill level 50 so how are you doing it on your highest level 35?

What are you talking about?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel baby.... You can go anywhere now!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis