Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Soulgems

ed_conn
ed_conn
Soul Shriven
I am having problem finding soulgems. The mystics I checked only seem to have grand soulgems. I have checked two mystics in Daggerfall. Is there a way to buy lesser soul gems? Or a skill I need to level up? Location specific maybe? Really confused, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lower tier soulgems would be hard to find now as all mobs are cp 160, meaning that grand soul gems are the default now for drops.
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • ed_conn
    ed_conn
    Soul Shriven
    Do you think that would include soulgems sold by vendors?
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Straight from the 1T patch notes -
    • Soul gem usage has been simplified.
    • Players of all levels will receive and fill Grand Soul Gems, which can be used to revive players of any level, as well as to refill enchantments.
    • Non-grand Soul Gems no longer fill these roles, and may be sold to vendors.
  • RiddleDiddle
    RiddleDiddle
    ✭✭
    Can i ask you why you would want to have lesser soul gems?
    ( ノ ゚ー゚)ノ My Copying Skills Are Great ヽ(゚ー゚ヽ)

Greetings from the advice Horker
  • AlexDaedric
    I have a feeling that Grand soul gems are the only soul gems now.

With the One Tamriel update, players of all levels can now travel and group together, it makes more sense for all soul gems be able to resurrect anybody, otherwise you'd find low level players unable to revive their high level group member, because all they have are lesser soul gems. So from what I've seen, all drops are Grand Soul Gems, and I like it that way.
    Can i ask you why you would want to have lesser soul gems?

This question still stands.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I'm a Nightblade, I steal a lot from NPCs, and I have observed that even lesser Soulgems convert into Grand Soulgems when I pocket them. Which is completely in line with Natch Potes for 2.6.4 One Tamriel, check this link: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294849/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-4-update-12-one-tamriel#latest

Miscellaneous Systems Changes & Updates
    In addition to the above updates for One Tamriel, we’ve also made several miscellaneous changes to various systems across the game.
    All vendors now offer goods close to your level, instead of goods based on the zone the vendor is located in.
    Gold drops from monsters, treasure chests, safe boxes, Thieves Troves and other containers now scale to your level, instead of the level of the source.
    The gold cost for Bribery is now based on your level.
    Soul gem usage has been simplified.
    Players of all levels will receive and fill Grand Soul Gems, which can be used to revive players of any level, as well as to refill enchantments.

Non-grand Soul Gems no longer fill these roles, and may be sold to vendors.
    Players can now undergo the Ritual of Mara with players from other alliances.
  • ed_conn
    ed_conn
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the info everyone. It certainly explains why I can't find them.

@RiddleDiddle - I'm a new player, low level, and the grand soul gems are a bit pricey for me right now.

Thanks again.

Ed
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ed_conn wrote: »

@RiddleDiddle - I'm a new player, low level, and the grand soul gems are a bit pricey for me right now.

Thanks again.

Ed

They also drop from mobs and especially bosses. Easiest way to obtain some would probably be to hunt delve bosses for a bit.

There is also an empty one sitting out on a cart in Marbruk near the guild trader areas. You can steal it, launder it, and when you come out of the Thieves den there will be another one waiting for you.

I believe the monkey refuge is Auridon has one or two sitting in a crate inside, as well, free for the taking. So you can find them for free around the world if you don't mind filling them yourself.

I still have some lower tier soul gems on one of my alts. I need to sell the empties, but I believe the ones I had already filed can still be used to refill weapon enchantments.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • RiddleDiddle
    RiddleDiddle
    ✭✭

Thanks again.

Ed

Never bought them in the shop and you don't have to either, farm bosses or go into delves, the more you play the easier they are.
    I have WAY too many now, just don't use them on enchantment charges when you're low level.
    I am on PC EU, would give you a stack of 200 soul gems if you want.

Greetings from,

RiddleDiddle the advice Horker

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

Go to the starter areas with lockpicks and grind some chests,

You will not find any other soulgems in ESO as they dont exist anymore,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks again.

Ed

Never bought them in the shop and you don't have to either, farm bosses or go into delves, the more you play the easier they are.
    I have WAY too many now, just don't use them on enchantment charges when you're low level.
    I am on PC EU, would give you a stack of 200 soul gems if you want.

Greetings from,

RiddleDiddle the advice Horker

They actually sell to a vendor for a decent price at the very worst. Something like 6k a stack? I too have a lot (especially if you use that one perk that you can die and revive once every two hours for free.) If I need gold quick, I may just sell off a stack
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 3, 2016 6:03PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • RiddleDiddle
    RiddleDiddle
    ✭✭
    They actually sell to a vendor for a decent price at the very worst. Something like 6k a stack? I too have a lot (especially if you use that one perk that you can die and revive once every two hours for free.) If I need gold quick, I may just sell off a stack

Just keep one stack in my bank and whenever i have 200 soul gems in inventory i sell 100 in the store again.
    Some random guy said he had too full inventory so he gave me like 10 stacks.... NO PROBLEM HERE!

• ed_conn
    ed_conn
    Soul Shriven
    @RiddleDiddle - thank you for the offer, but I am on PC NA. I don't mind farming for them, or some alternative. one of the things I have always liked about the ES games is the need to figure out how to use your limited resources toadvance your character. It is something unique to early part of the game. At some point money and supplies will be abundant. Once that happens the struggle is over and part of the charm is lost. But I digress, thank you for the offer. I do appreciate it but would decline.

Ed
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ed Conn??

You don' t happen to live in Chicago do you?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • ed_conn
    ed_conn
    Soul Shriven
    Nope. Curious why you ask though?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting tons of Soul Gems lately. I figured out this morning that they are coming from Delve and Dolmen Bosses I have been farming for gear. Autoloot has made me a lazy looter, I don't pay close attention anymore to what I get.

A good source of empty soul gems is Enchanting Writs

Also, once you do enough of the Main Quest to unlock the Passive in the Soul (or is it under World in the skill list) skill line that gives a chance to fill a gem on mob death. Once you get that to the second level, you will never run out of soul gems again. Even on the first level of the passive, you will get enough soul gems to take care of you unless you wade into masses of mobs naked without weapons and try to punch them to death.
    Edited by Nestor on November 3, 2016 10:10PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Lower tier soulgems would be hard to find now as all mobs are cp 160, meaning that grand soul gems are the default now for drops.

Not all mobs are cp 160. They are now set too your level. So if you are level 40 up than you will have a harder time finding lower gems. I still find them occasionally. Best thing I can think of is look in beginning level zones I.e auridon, stonefalls and possibly stormhaven or whatever it is for dc players. Check at the enchanters shops and mages guilds.also look in lower level delves inside chests and crates.
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Diminish wrote: »
    Straight from the 1T patch notes -
    • Soul gem usage has been simplified.
    • Players of all levels will receive and fill Grand Soul Gems, which can be used to revive players of any level, as well as to refill enchantments.
    • Non-grand Soul Gems no longer fill these roles, and may be sold to vendors.

I stand corrected. Apparently I'm behind on my patch notes
  • Seraphy
    Seraphy
    Soul Shriven
    That explains why a skeever can fill a Grand Soulgem perfectly... because there is only one type of gem now!

I-I am going to revive others with the soul of a skeever!
  • RiddleDiddle
    RiddleDiddle
    ✭✭
    Seraphy wrote: »
    That explains why a skeever can fill a Grand Soulgem perfectly... because there is only one type of gem now!

I-I am going to revive others with the soul of a skeever!

I wondered why i had grown a tail, i ain't a Kaijit nor an Argonian!