The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master smithy yet haven't got the foggiest notion on how to fix stuff?

Jimbullbee85
Jimbullbee85
✭✭✭✭
Is it time that players with high crafting skill could fix their own gear? Id prefer having to buy repair hammers like old school Morrowind than having to take my stuff to a second rate smithy or merchant.
Edited by Jimbullbee85 on October 31, 2016 10:59PM
Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage

Best Answer

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You can buy Repair Kits, and get them from Equipment Writ Rewards. That is how the allow this and maintain the Gold Sink that Repair really is.

Costs almost 3K for 7 grand repair kits. A merchant will fix it all for half that.

@Jimbullbee85 I can buy them for a 100/125 gold each on the PC/NA server in a Guild Store. So, if repair costs are more than 800 Gold, it is cheaper to use Repair Kits.

Buying them from a Vendor, that is just too expensive.
    Edited by Nestor on November 1, 2016 2:41PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy Repair Kits, and get them from Equipment Writ Rewards. That is how the allow this and maintain the Gold Sink that Repair really is.
    Edited by Nestor on October 31, 2016 10:32PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of being able to fix your own gear but I don't mind having a merchant do it for me.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it time that players with high crafting skill could fix their own gear? Id prefer having to buy repair hammers like old school Morrowind than having to take my stuff to a second rate smithy or merchant.

While I agree (die hard Morrowind fan waiting with bated breath for SkyWind) ... ahem.. anyway among the group I play we have a tendency to head to grahtwood to use a particular merchant to fix our armor.

My own personal preference for selling stuff and getting repairs is Riba in Rawl'kla.

Someday I hope to slip Finedrin a lockpick and watch him escape.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭

Costs almost 3K for 7 grand repair kits. A merchant will fix it all for half that.
  • AnnieBeGood
    AnnieBeGood
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never quite understood how I can make complex and beautiful armour and weapons, and yet...... lockpicks are beyond me.
    Gulrosa V160 Templar -healer and master crafter
    Annie Spaceshifter V160 magica NB - just a thieving assassin, now retired
    Katerina - 'Daedric Annie' - V160 Stamina DK - now bank alt, wardrobe mistress
    Anni Bee - Vet 160Templar - pvp magica templar - Daedric Lord Slayer
    Lily Malone - stam sorc - pve goddess
    Rey of Jakku Plain - Vet 160 - magica templar dd
    Savanna - magica warden, still learning to play
    and several babies...... learning to ride
    EU server, pc and All for the Pact
    Alith, the best guild in the EU
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never quite understood how I can make complex and beautiful armour and weapons, and yet...... lockpicks are beyond me.

Well they are more delicate... say silversmith rather than blacksmith.

If/when we can craft an/or improve jewelry and still NOT make lockpicks, then I'll think it's weird.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, lockpicks are super small and finely shaped to fit into locks, unlike armor and weapons which are much bigger. A jeweler would have those skills for sure, as jewelers have to make small clasps and locks for their jewelry.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They should drop in game though, just like repair hammers did in Oblivion and Morrowind... And they should be hammers... Not a wood box... Who fixes armor with a wood box?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • SublimedNine
    A wooden box containing needles & thread would be good for light/medium armour, I agree you'd need hammers for heavy armour though.
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭

@Jimbullbee85 I can buy them for a 100/125 gold each on the PC/NA server in a Guild Store. So, if repair costs are more than 800 Gold, it is cheaper to use Repair Kits.

Buying them from a Vendor, that is just too expensive.

I don't think we can buy them from a guild store on console. Might be one of the many addons that pc gamers benefit from, but I'll check.