The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Weapon ultimates need a massive nerf

SilentBoomstick
SilentBoomstick
✭✭✭
I'm going to keep this short and sweet by saying that a guy in my group got hit by the destruction staff ultimate for 55k. This game has no balance at this point. It never has but after seeing how one ultimate is more than capable of wiping out 8 people all at once and then it also restores the ultimate cost upon the kill, I would have to say that Wrobel needs to find a new job because balancing a game is not his thing. Don't tell me to "L2P BRUH" or to "Get gud kid" because we all know they need a nerf. There is absolutely no hard counter for this ultimate.

Edit: Back in the day when people complained about things like wrecking blow or nightblades being able to purge damage over time was definitely a L2P issue because there were actually real hard counters for it such as going right through the enemy or using aoes/ detection pots to pull nightblades out of stealth. Nowadays we have actual abilities that people can cry about because they are incredibly overpowered and they require no skill to play whatsoever. This is not an opinion. I'm pretty sure there are other posts about this issue but I haven't checked.
Edited by SilentBoomstick on October 31, 2016 3:47PM
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is nothing more then another QQ throw the nerf bat at another skill post. Maybe they should just remove all skills, armor, and cp from the game, and make everyone just punch each other.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. That restoration staff ultimate needs a massive nerf. It is completely unbalanced.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »
    This is nothing more then another QQ throw the nerf bat at another skill post. Maybe they should just remove all skills, armor, and cp from the game, and make everyone just punch each other.

Or they can balance the game and give everyone a fair chance in Cyrodiil instead of who attacks who first.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. That restoration staff ultimate needs a massive nerf. It is completely unbalanced.

This made me lol XD

But for real, the dmg from a destroulti hitting 55k, unless u stand in it for the full duration it will never cause 55k damage. Classic l2p issue.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmm I must be playing it wrong then as I've had people take my weapon ults and heal and shield though them , so does that mean I can ask for mine to be buffed
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mistform, healing ward spam works unless you are CCd , zerged or ganked by a bomb nb using it when you are not expecting it.
    EU | PC
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    This made me lol XD

But for real, the dmg from a destroulti hitting 55k, unless u stand in it for the full duration it will never cause 55k damage. Classic l2p issue.[/quote]

It's called lag, son.
    Edited by SilentBoomstick on October 31, 2016 3:28PM
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    We should not have to be cautious about standing in an ultimate that does enough damage to wipe out 3 people at once (55k damage from player to player to player). Do not tell us to l2p because this is not funny the fact that we have to watch out for an ultimate that melts anyone standing in it. Besides do you have any idea how impossible it truly is trying to not stand in that ultimate when all people do is come towards you with it? Not to mention it is damn near impossible for me to get away from a nightblade using it or a sorcerer using it because they have those movement speed buffs to ensure that I don't get away from their destro ultimate.
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro staff ultimate wouldn't need a nerf if players could actually see the animation of the skill, or the red DANGER GTFO circles.

Unfortunately with the ridiculous poor performance in Cyrodiil neither one of those clues to the ultimate going off are visible at most times.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We should not have to be cautious about standing in an ultimate that does enough damage to wipe out 3 people at once (55k damage from player to player to player). Do not tell us to l2p because this is not funny the fact that we have to watch out for an ultimate that melts anyone standing in it. Besides do you have any idea how impossible it truly is trying to not stand in that ultimate when all people do is come towards you with it? Not to mention it is damn near impossible for me to get away from a nightblade using it or a sorcerer using it because they have those movement speed buffs to ensure that I don't get away from their destro ultimate.

Roll dodge get major expedition , javelin isn't there a bow attack that knocks you back I'm sure there are other ways of avoiding
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This made me lol XD

But for real, the dmg from a destroulti hitting 55k, unless u stand in it for the full duration it will never cause 55k damage. Classic l2p issue.

It's called lag, son.[/quote]

Everyone have lag at some points tho
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »

Or they can balance the game and give everyone a fair chance in Cyrodiil instead of who attacks who first.

Is this a serious remark? It's *** pvp, if you get jumped by someone stealthed, they should have the upper hand. You wanna make that balanced? Are you one of those "safe space" babies?
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eye - morph is the problem. Change that for PVP purposes but please leave the other morph untouched.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eye - morph is the problem. Change that for PVP purposes but please leave the other morph untouched.

Sorry but I use that on my fat slow Templar which most classes can out run so why should we suffer ? I'm sure most can be countered in some way
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but I use that on my fat slow Templar which most classes can out run so why should we suffer ? I'm sure most can be countered in some way

I'm not for a nerf at all, but if the PVP crowd keeps calling out for this than I guess it should be the "Eye" version because the other morph you can just step out of.

That way, at least the other morph would still be nice for PVE instead of everyone switching back to Meteor again.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

• The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I specifically said change and not nerf by the way, like make it so it can be countered a bit easier.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is you can't always see it and you can't simply get out of it if the person has it on them.

I remember I tried to save a keep, ran through the front door at allessia just to be surrounded. Couldn't see the ult but I'm warding & I pop bats just to look at my recap to see 59k damage.

Mind you that was the first thing on my recap. The average person isn't surviving through that by itself..
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on October 31, 2016 4:40PM
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're talking about one specific weapon ultimate, making the subject line misleading.

One weapon ultimate - for sword and shield - arrived nerfed in advance, likely do the somebody having a nightmare of seeing a thread like this for it in player versus player.*

Will someone please explain to me - and I'm being serious, not sarcastic - why it would be a bad idea to have different rule sets for armor and weapons based on the facet you're playing on?

*yes, there's a common acronym for that but I hate using it. It sounds like a pissing contest.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    said the stam user, rip magic users.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg thank you so much for making this post! I totally agree. I freaking hate it when I die while I'm standing in red. I don't see why I should have to move out of it, that's bad game design. :|
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont forget bow ulti nerf. If you dont dodge it, block it, cloak it or interrupt it it will too deal massive 50k DMG. Totally unfair to every noob who lacks any basic knowledge about mechanics.
    /s
    Edited by SodanTok on October 31, 2016 5:26PM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont forget bow ulti nerf. If you dont dodge it, block it, cloak it or interrupt it it will too deal massive 50k DMG. Totally unfair to every noob who lacks any basic knowledge about mechanics.
    /s

bow ult against stam user is useless but agains magic build is like souls assault aginst stam user, l2p then or nerf bow ult with SA together B)
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, lets nerf the morph of a skill that you have problems with, but leave the other morph alone because it suits your needs. Of course it's all about what you want.

Why don't you let us know what skills/morphs you use, then we can just nerf everything else.
    Edited by Maikon on October 31, 2016 5:52PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This made me lol XD

It's called lag, son.

So blame the lag, mate, not the skill itself... LOL

Destro ulti is already expensive and have a 2sec telegraph. As for the damage, just don't stand in red... it is really easy to avoid! Rage morph - just walk away, eye morph - CC + gap closer.

You are not supposed to have a relaxing nap in it...

You ask for nerf to skill that many of us don't even use cause it has much better equivalents in both PvP and PvE.
    Edited by Tyrion87 on October 31, 2016 6:15PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make ultimate mediocre, lol no
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    slow boring Monday at work, nothing like a good nerf thread to help pass the time!

• bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder....

Let's say they never created and released, say, Dawnbreaker.

Let's say Dawnbreaker had been added in the latest update.

Would folks howl?
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, they don't need a nerf, stay out of AOE
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't bring myself to bag on any damage done using a skill, much less an ultimate, while there's still so much damage being done using armor.
  • smashcats
    smashcats
    ✭✭✭
    pay close attention to the tips at the bottom of the screen young one, you can double tap w,a,s,d to dodge out of the ultimate