The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild limit

Brunoad
Brunoad
✭✭✭
I find it very difficult to be a member of only 5 guilds and often leave some I would prefer to stay in, only to join another to try. WHY is there such a strict limit of only 5??
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    was coded in from the start so might have some hard coding that not easy to change. Why that number and not some other - this one has no idea :<
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine it is to make people feel like their trader guilds are important and try to sell this idea of a nonglobal auction house.

The more trade guilds you can be in, the closer it comes to a global auction house.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mhhhhm, yeah. It's hard to decide, when you only hve 5 guild-slots.

Ideally I would want.. like:
    One well-established-op-trading guild that gives me a nice MM
    Up-and-coming-trading-guild, just so it feels like I'm contributing to something
    A PvP-guild, for small/midscale groups.
    A duelling guild or another guild where builds & state of PvP get's discussed often.
    A social guild, where.. it's just social stuff.
    Another guild slot just for a "funny" name and tabard. I miss our old Le Amazing Banter Squad. But none of us had guild slots to stay in it :(

I find it hard to decide. Like.. Give me 7! or 9! I can just mute the guilds where I don't want to be a part of Guild-Chat xD
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 trading guilds and 2 PvE/PvP guilds. I'm fairly active in all of them. I would like to be able to increase that limit, even if it's a crown store token, like the one for extra character slots.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question....if you're tempted to join another, to me that suggests you're not getting some levels of value from those you're a member of. Is the issue really 5 or is it a value situation where you're trying to gain value but the 5 you're apart of are lacking so you're seeking more to fill some voids?

Perhaps there are more fulfilling guilds which can give reason to replace an existing guild.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • VaniTealeaf
    VaniTealeaf
    ✭✭
    Would loooooove more guild slots! Have always wondered why so little.....
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I presume that 5 guilds restriction is meant to limit the influence of one player/account on the game world.
    For example, if a player is a member of 5 trading guilds, his items and influence on the market are limited to those 5 guilds.
    Furthermore, this restriction limits to some extent the ability to trade(It limits how much gold a player can make in any time).
    I have no issue with the 5 guilds restriction.
    It prevents monopoly.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should only be able to be in one guild in my opinion.
    PC/EU DC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brunoad

Do you have any loyalty to any of those guilds or do you just keep them around to use them as needed?

I wish we had only one guild. Players would be more active in their guild and a such the guild would be stronger. As it is, many guild members are just users few are contributors Adding more guild slots would only compound that issue.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 5 is enough. I usually stay in 3 trade guilds where I don't participate in anyway except selling things in their stores. Then GM a guild (Speechless) and then I have a floating guild slot that is usually used for helping baby guilds get up on their feet. Once they have over 10 I usually leave so I can help someone else.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When most games lock you into one, getting to be in 5 is awesome as it is.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »

^this
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »

To be fair, most MMOs have a global auction house. So you dont have to fill up guild spots just to be able to sell things.
  • Brunoad
    Brunoad
    ✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »
    Seriously?

If you have nothing intelligent, or insightful to add, please refrain from responding. This adds nothing positive to our community. Thank you.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been suggested as an idea to allow the option of a few more guild slots for ESO+ subscribers ...
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    To me it's hard to keep track of five guilds. I'm only in two but I'm trying to merge the guilds together since a friend and I are duel officers. If we combine the guilds and pool our money we'll hopefully be able to get a guild trader :)

I feel like it should be one or two guilds at most that you can be part of. Too many guilds not enough loyalty
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question....if you're tempted to join another, to me that suggests you're not getting some levels of value from those you're a member of. Is the issue really 5 or is it a value situation where you're trying to gain value but the 5 you're apart of are lacking so you're seeking more to fill some voids?

Perhaps there are more fulfilling guilds which can give reason to replace an existing guild.

This makes sense.

This is the first game I've played where a single character can be in more than one, but I understand the usefulness when it comes to in game commerce and play focus. I've never been in more than 4 at a time, and currently only 3. Perhaps you could find ones that have more of a focus on what you need so it might not be an issue.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brunoad wrote: »
    nine9six wrote: »
    Seriously?

If you have nothing intelligent, or insightful to add, please refrain from responding. This adds nothing positive to our community. Thank you.

LOL

You have FIVE (5) Guild Slots and you want more.

Kids these days...
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no direct interest in guilds, but given that most MMOs only allow membership of one guild I'm always amazed when people complain that they can't cope with being restricted to five in ESO!

Moreover, being tied to a single guild is in my view far more conducive to the forming of a strong community with social ties and loyalty to fellow guild members.

Making substantial coding changes to facilitate the extending of the present guild limit isn't something I would want the developers to focus on given the greater priorities that undoubtedly exist. In years to come? Maybe, if it really is needed. Now? No way.
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    The guild design has always struck me as odd for this game. In past games joining a guild was a very organic social thing where relationships that still last to this day where developed and you always played with the same group of people. In ESO guilds are more of a necessity thing to allow you the quickest path to make gold. I honestly can't say the last time I went out of my way to party with my guild, maybe the occasional pledge run but really those are almost a PUG feel as I rarely have knowledge of the level of play achieved by others.
    I don't really see the benefit of more slots but I guess it all depends on how active your are in the market. Now if there was a way you could purchase more merchant slots for items per guild that would be useful.
  • salmoncat33
    salmoncat33
    ✭✭
    I would not mind the limited guild slots if I could put more than 30 items for sale in a single guild store. I mean seriously this is imo what strangles the market way more than not having a global AH ever could.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually having a limit stimulates people bargaining prices down. If people could keep hundreds of items listed at a time they wouldn't care about the prices, and list items very high.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • salmoncat33
    salmoncat33
    ✭✭
    Perhaps, but if the items were overpriced why would anyone buy them? I meant that if you are ever looking for anything less then optimal it is almost impossible to find because they do not get listed because everyone is selling the exact same things to try and make gold. The mentality right now is why would i list one of my precious sales slots on a small return when i can list a higher profit item?
    Edited by salmoncat33 on October 31, 2016 4:44PM
  • Brunoad
    Brunoad
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

LOL

Kids these days...[/quote]

I understand you are trying to raise your level by leaving as many comments as possible, but you are wasting people's time, AND making yourself look juvenile by trying to ridicule others.

PLEASE, only comment when it is helpful for our community.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brunoad wrote: »

LOL

Kids these days...
    I understand you are trying to raise your level by leaving as many comments as possible, but you are wasting people's time, AND making yourself look juvenile by trying to ridicule others.

PLEASE, only comment when it is helpful for our community.

It is sort of helpful. In that there is no need for more than 5 guilds. We should be glad we got 5 and not 1 like almost every other game. 5 guilds is more than enough imo. 5×500 = 2500 people to be in guilds with.

Sorry but I don't think anyone could possibly need to be in 5 guilds at once.

You said he looks juvenile trying to ridicule others. Is that not ridiculing him?
    Edited by alexkdd99 on November 3, 2016 9:58PM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to have more guild slots!! I have two I want to join atm, but no room! Here's why......
    I am a GM of a "Cross-Guild" guild. Imagine a guild with 15-20% of it's base GM's of other guilds? All working together. Social, PvP, and yes trade guilds, but working on helping each other and doing things together, not manipulating the market. Having more guild slots would make this much easier to accomplish.

I disagree about lack of guild loyalty by being in multiple guilds. Or else I'm just lucky.
    3 of my guilds I have been in since April/May 2014.
    My other 2, over a year. The loyalty base of my main guild, the "Cross-Guild" guild is amazing! My EP/PvP guild will post invites to group in my crafting /social guild. Our DC/Social guild will post in our smaller social guilds looking for Trials invites.
    I have made a dozen "new friends" over the last 3 years that have become friends in RL. We Call and text each other, keep up on FaceBook, etc, all from being in multiple guilds.
    I might just be lucky, but I see lots of loyalty in the 9 guilds I am associated with, yes 9. I still vote for more guild slots. BUT, more guild store slots would be nice too.. :smiley:
    My 2 septims.....Huzzah!
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on November 5, 2016 6:00AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)