The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

@ZOS, Will You Comment on Regeneration? Pretty Please with Sugar on Top?

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I'm asking really kindly and throwing you some sugar because Regeneration (Restoration staff skill) is awfully inconsistent and frustrating to use. The heal over time targets random people and at times will repeatedly target the same two people.

I just want to know if this skill will ever be fixed and if it will perform the way it used to (it used to smart heal and target people who did not have the healing effect applied). I'd even be thrilled with the "We're working on it but don't know when it will be fixed," response.

If more sugar is needed to elicit a response from you regarding the topic of Regeneration, please do let me know. On Halloween I'll simply turn off the front light at my house and deprive all of the local children of candy and send the treats your way. But you wouldn't want to take candy from children... would you?
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to collect more information on this as it has been brought up many times but I can't find any reliable way to replicate issues with it in game. Just saying "its broken" has no value and is probably why we haven't got a response yet.

We need to get some confirmation on its behavior post OT with explicit description in how it works versus how it should work. Videos would be great as well. Most of the time the skill works fine for me...the few times I go on to actually test it and I can't get it to break (it rotates through all people not having the buff in range just fine). However, last night in a vet dungeon PUG I was noticing I was not getting the Mutagen buff (I was the one casting it) and it took 4-5 casts for it to land on me. If we can figure out exactly what causes it to break we can probably get ZOS to fix it.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to collect more information on this as it has been brought up many times but I can't find any reliable way to replicate issues with it in game. Just saying "its broken" has no value and is probably why we haven't got a response yet.

We need to get some confirmation on its behavior post OT with explicit description in how it works versus how it should work. Videos would be great as well. Most of the time the skill works fine for me...the few times I go on to actually test it and I can't get it to break (it rotates through all people not having the buff in range just fine). However, last night in a vet dungeon PUG I was noticing I was not getting the Mutagen buff (I was the one casting it) and it took 4-5 casts for it to land on me. If we can figure out exactly what causes it to break we can probably get ZOS to fix it.

Read the first post. It explains the current issues with Regeneration and also how it used to work. And it's not One Tamriel that changed the way Regeneration works. It was changed (without appearing in patch notes) during one of the older DLC patches - I believe it was Thieves Guild, but it may have been Dark Brotherhood.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only a couple hours until the kids arrive. What do you say, ZOS?
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everything OP says about Regeneration is correct and the reason(s) I don't use it at all anymore.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    "We're working on it but don't know when it will be fixed"

In all seriousness, that's the real answer. It's something we're aware of and know the targeting is not working properly, but don't currently know when it will be fixed.

Now all children can get their candy tonight! Right? :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • cellobuddy
    cellobuddy
    ✭✭✭
    If at all possible, it would be convenient for regeneration and its morphs to target the characters w/ the least time remaining on its buff in the case that everyone has it. This would add some assurance that healers can keep a 100% uptime for the primary Hot that applies SPC, gossamer, etc.

And thanks for the response. :)
    Edited by cellobuddy on October 31, 2016 8:31PM
    PC NA
    Capped CP
    Breton Magsorc - Cellobuddy
    Argonian Magplar - Cellobuddyheals
    Altmer Magblade - Cellobuddysteals
    Dunmer MagDK - Cellobuddyburns
    Orsimer Stamsorc - Cellobuddyruns
    Redguard Stamplar - Cellobuddyjabs
    Khajiit StamDK - Cellobuddyslices
    Bosmer Stamblade - Cellobuddysnipes
    Altmer Magplar - Cellobuddybeams
    Nord DK - Cellobuddytanks
    Breton Magden - Cellobuddylistens
    Orsimer Stamden - Cellobuddyprotects
    Argonian Tankden - Cellobuddypaintswithwind

Not the best by any means, but I get the job done.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In all seriousness, that's the real answer. It's something we're aware of and know the targeting is not working properly, but don't currently know when it will be fixed.

I like that answer. Well, I don't like it but I like it. I don't like that that is the answer but I like that there is an answer. Please, answer more things, even if the answers that you answer with are not answers that we like, they are still answers to questions we like answered. We like all answers even when we don't like the answer.

The point is, thank you.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I use that same excuse if I would sub for eso plus and when paying the fees I'm like "I'm aware that I didn't pay but currently don't know when I will"?

Good to hear that the customer and a functioning game is not top priority.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for a response!
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The children are all getting candy because Gina and ZOS came through in the clutch!

And thank you, I and many others appreciate the response :smile:
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, a response after 3 months. Awesome. Thanks i guess. I for one never thought developers weren't aware of it... any reason you can't just remove the skill and code it again?