The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

After trying very hard not to download 30 gigs from the lancher afte 1 tamriel

WhiteTigre
WhiteTigre
✭✭✭
After trying very hard not to download 30 gigs from the lancher afte 1 tamriel, and trying all the options on knowledge base, the launcher still wants to download 30 gigs. and in doing so unfortunately I have missed the whole of the witches festival.

I am at a loss in what to do at the moment in avoiding to download 30 gigs when the 1 Tamriel patch was only about 2 gigs as far as I know.
Is there any way to tell the launcher to only download 2 gigs and NOT 30 GIGS ???????????

So any tech advice or tech help would be great-especially from the ZOS
  • WhiteTigre
    WhiteTigre
    ✭✭✭
    BTW the platform I use is PC
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    The good news is that you have not missed the Witches Festival! It's still going on.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

Close the ESO Launcher.
    Navigate to the launcher directory. By default this should be C:\\Program Files x86\Zenimax Online\Launcher.
    Open the "launcher.settings" file in Notepad (you may need to instruct Windows to choose Notepad).
    Search for "region":"EU" and change it to "region":"US".
    Note: If it already says "region":"US" please contact Customer Support and let us know.
    Save and exit.
    Launch the ESO Launcher again.
    The launcher should now install the patch, which should be approximately 2GB in size.

Please note that the launcher will continue to display "Elder Scrolls Online (NA)" even if you play on the European Megaserver. This is a known issue that we hope to correct in a future update.

You may also notice that when the game was copied over to the shared client, the old EU client was not removed. You may either free up space on your system by manually removing the "Elder Scrolls Online EU" folder or wait for the launcher to automatically remove it in a future update.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • WhiteTigre
    WhiteTigre
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Zos_DaryAK I really really really appreciate you trying to help out :):):), but I have done that, then I find it still is downloading about 30 gigs, it fist shows it has to download 5 gigs then after that it downloads another 3 gis, then after that it downloads 6 gigs and so on and so on. Basically when the download is finished its starts downloading more data again, but different amounts. So it seems it downloading in segments. this means to mean it could be downloading the whole game again.

I am at total loss. I have 5 gigs of bandwidth left for the month. Then next month it will top up to about 20 gigs. So a the moment which ever way you look at it I am still at a loss. If witches festival carry's on the whole November there is small possibility, I may get a chance at the witches festival. But I cannot say until the data is completely downloaded.