The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox UI: Out of Memory error.....

old_mufasa
old_mufasa
✭✭✭✭
This error seems to the be primary cause of crashing in main city's especially Eldanroot and Orsiniam. I notice if I've been playing for awhile or fast traveling a lot or doing things like daily crafting where im going from menu to game repeatedly in a short span of time this error is almost 100% guarantied. One thing I notice is textures start becoming low res or are missing.. if I see that and interact with a NPC its instant crash and ESO shuts down. Some times a error pops up and is says UI error: Out of Memory.. the issue is its up for split seconded and the game collapse and I do not have time to screen shot it before its off the screen and gone.

[minor edit to title for clarity]
Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on October 26, 2016 10:57PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've all been communicating this since launch but ZOS continues to add more content and not resolve many Xbox reported issues.

Make sure you do open a ticket tho cause the forums don't count.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've all been communicating this since launch but ZOS continues to add more content and not resolve many Xbox reported issues.

Make sure you do open a ticket tho cause the forums don't count.

Have you seen the error pop up? Normally it just crashes what I was surprised was that error popping up saying the cause of the crash right when it happened.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adjust the size of your LUA Memory, it's quite easy. And there is an addon that will adjust it for you. See this

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/144921/how-to-fix-that-annoying-lua-memory-limit-error-easy-as-1-2-3
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Adjust the size of your LUA Memory, it's quite easy. And there is an addon that will adjust it for you. See this

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/144921/how-to-fix-that-annoying-lua-memory-limit-error-easy-as-1-2-3

This is the Xbox support forums.. we do not have LUA as that's for mods... as well as we don't have the ability on the Xbox to even edit files or install mods that fix is totally irrelevant.

Also the error was not LUA out of memory so the fix wouldn't work anyhow.. The error is "UI Error: out of memory" before it crashs...
    Edited by old_mufasa on October 14, 2016 4:12PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, did not see that. Consoles should not get that error message....

Weird that your getting a UI memory issue as I thought those could only happen when addons were using up too much of the allocated space. The space allocated should be the right amount as you can't change the load on the memory.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Sorry, did not see that. Consoles should not get that error message....

Weird that your getting a UI memory issue as I thought those could only happen when addons were using up too much of the allocated space. The space allocated should be the right amount as you can't change the load on the memory.

ya the LUA error.. is only for mods and PC related issue.

As I posted there is a UI memory leak on the Xbox.. If you zone a lot or open crafting menus many times in a short time.. such as doing crafting daily's or such is then you can almost with certainty cause the crash.

My thought is that the memory isn't flushing out old data for the UI and that it eventually runs out memory the more you interact with crafting a npc's and zone into different zones.. pretty much the definition of a memory leak.

Also if you have been jumping between zones a lot lets say doing thief guild or brother hood quests you will start to see low res and missing textures.. Eldanroot is horrible with this.. as the archway leading upstairs will have a low res door appear that's normally not there you cant interact with the door but you can walk right through it and then when you are behind the fake door all the wall textures are missing and you can see through the world... if you see this your pretty much going to crash the next npc you talk to.
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    And still nothing from the devs....

PS: This issue is still there after patch...
  • Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just kicked out of pvp with that error
  • Joshfight00
    It just happened to me again on XB1. I will send in a ticket. It happened in Bruma as I arrived.
    XB1 NA - GT: Another Cadaver

Join us on BAND
    Guild Master [Skyrim Rebels]