The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Suggestion for fixing pvp by blocking 2 piece bonuses, please vote!

Dr.NRG
Dr.NRG
✭✭✭✭
What do you think? I think if ZOS would block all 2piece moster helm bonuses in pvp, it would be a lot more fun again.
Edited by Dr.NRG on October 26, 2016 12:41AM

Suggestion for fixing pvp by blocking 2 piece bonuses, please vote! 58 votes

Great idea, this will help and require more skill based gameplay again
22%
kevlarto_ESOArmitasElongWildWilburMojomonkeymanKommaEirellaCelas_DranaceaGreenSoup2HoTwildbear247Dr.NRGAedarylBiro123 13 votes
Good idea but not enough! I want 0 proc sets in pvp
27%
AlomarKnootewootMinalanXvorgNeartheralSenafelinith66NovaShadowBone_DemonKaerizEdmundTowerskuro-donoKisoValleyBurritoESOSandman929TreeHugger1 16 votes
Bad idea, monster sets are just to much fun
37%
ItsMeToorgullaksenb16_ESOewhite106b16_ESOAnazasiGhost-ShotsvartornCyrusAryaBeardimusAnkael07imdoinkstealthyevilAeremsusmitdszuto40Alpheu5yell0wdartStoopid_NwahHoolDogTaylor_MBQbiken 22 votes
Terrible idea, if that would happen I would lose any fight cause I aint got skill and am to lazy to learn
6%
ToRelaxRebornV3xaidenmooremchermie 4 votes
Uhm, I could not care less, i dont know anything about pvp and think I might be in the wrong forum section
5%
KagheiSkitttlesSamTheSwan 3 votes
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But what about all Vipertato and Potatomaker?
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    But what about all Vipertato and Potatomaker?

Well, vote for 2! For now i think it be good to make small steps so people do not get to frustraded as they just farmed and golded out that gear. I think viper is not that bad if it is not combined with velidreth or other. I actully think the worst procs are poisons which is a whole different story;)

• Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    And yes of course I voted on my own poll lmao!;)
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the monster sets for their uniqueness. And their bonuses are quite fun, I just think that maybe some damage adjustments should be looked into.

I think the larger problem is the number of proc sets out there that can be combined and proc off each other. I wouldn't hate seeing them take a 50% damage reduction of what they're doing currently.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you need RGN to do a man's job... then you're not a man
    Edited by Xvorg on October 26, 2016 1:36AM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Longer cooldown in cyrodiil,maybe x10?
  • ewhite106b16_ESO
    ewhite106b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Monster sets aren't the real problem. The problem is players using multiple damage proc sets in PVP, usually a monster helm and something like Vipers/Red Mountain set. IMO simple fix is to allow only one damage proc effect per player to work, so if you have say Veledrith's on then equip Red Mountain the damage proc on red mountain flat out doesn't work.

I do agree that multiple damage proc sets are a big problem in PVP right now, and it needs to be fixed ASAP. This has no impact on PVE one way or the other - PVE isn't focused on burst damage like PVP so allowing only one gear based damage proc per player won't have a negative impact on PVE players.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change all instant 5pc proc sets (Viper and Widow Maker) into a 2pc monster helm set. banning them completely would ruin fun ones like Kena.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As bad as some of the proc combos are, they need to work on class balance first.

1st place to start is to remove dodge, block, and break free costs from using stamina and making a 4th resource pool whose value is based on how much health you have...the more health you have the larger your dodge,block, and break free pool will be

This is the first step...as long as these things are based on stamina pool the game will never be balanced I don't care how much damage you give Magicka...the entire game is based on CC and burst and a class that can break free 6 times has a huge advatange over one who can only do so twice...nothng else matters till this imbalance is addressed

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its a good idea on many levels..

1. Viper has been around for a while - but only since it was able to be combo'd with the newer undaunted procs has it been a real problem.
    2. PVE endgame loot shouldn't be a necessity or give an advantage to ppl in PVP. Let the PVPers PVP - don't make em have to run dungeons to stay competitive!
    3. It will better balance 2-h builds (in particular magicka staffs) making 5/5/1 piece setups no worse than 5/5/2 with s+b/dw in terms of the amount of set bonuses you can get.

Lets face it, most PVP complaints now are around procs.. What procs hardest? Monster sets. What proc is easiest to fit into a build? Again Monster sets, needing 2 pieces only. What was the main complaint before that? Malubeth. Yep, another monster set.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just balance monster sets, how about that!
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they need to give it the major minor treatment. You get 1 damage proc and 1 defensive proc. That keeps it fun without turning people into damage bots.
    Edited by Armitas on October 26, 2016 10:44AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How should that be a solution? There is many legit monster helmets that are not completely overtuned. I'd rather have them change the overperforming ones over just completely removing them all from PvP.

What a crap idea.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    As bad as some of the proc combos are, they need to work on class balance first.

1st place to start is to remove dodge, block, and break free costs from using stamina and making a 4th resource pool whose value is based on how much health you have...the more health you have the larger your dodge,block, and break free pool will be

This is the first step...as long as these things are based on stamina pool the game will never be balanced I don't care how much damage you give Magicka...the entire game is based on CC and burst and a class that can break free 6 times has a huge advatange over one who can only do so twice...nothng else matters till this imbalance is addressed

The last thing we need is for players to build even tankier and get more health in their builds... And if you are on any magicka or stamina build and are running out of stam to the point you can't cc break you are doing something wrong
    Bad idea
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say I want 0 proc sets in PvP, but I want 0 sets that proc direct damage to other players. Sets that proc potential by granting buff windows, and sets that proc low damage AoE are fine to me. 2-3k tooltip, I would consider low damage.
    Procs like that allow for players to capitalize on slight advantages during a fight for the short times that they have them, and it's enough to require their opponents to either commit to going for the kill or start going defensive.

Current proc damage sets are RnG "I win"'s
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

If you use winning in a video game to feel like a man...

Nah, easy solution is easy. Universal cooldown shared by proc sets, like active skills work now. That way wearing more proc sets of course allows more chance, but the worst that happens is essential viper (which has been here since launch).

If you want more than that, sorry.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on October 26, 2016 2:49PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you thought you´ve seen all the bad suggestions.......this pops up......akatosh give me strenght...
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't change anything
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uhm, I could not care less, i dont know anything about pvp and think I might be in the wrong forum section
    What's a pvp?
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Terrible idea, if that would happen I would lose any fight cause I aint got skill and am to lazy to learn
    Obviously.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »

If you use winning in a video game to feel like a man...

Nah, easy solution is easy. Universal cooldown shared by proc sets, like active skills work now. That way wearing more proc sets of course allows more chance, but the worst that happens is essential viper (which has been here since launch).

If you want more than that, sorry.

well, maybe you are a scion of skynet or the matrix... B)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric will just bring out something else to balance the unbalancable.
    We need to go right back and fix fundamentals and stop with all the band aid balance fixes.
    I get tanks didnt do damage because....tanks.
    I get tanks took ages to kill..especially tank vs tank.
    But magically transforming tanks into DPS really isnt a solution.
    Its like all the zergs instantly loading up the zerg busting skills...now the DPS are loading up the tanking proc sets
    A tank is a tank.
    They win over time...not by burst combo ganking with proc sets :/
    Its like being mugged by a pensioner in a motorised disabled cart.....its wrong on so many levels !
    Edited by Rune_Relic on October 26, 2016 10:56PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would a simple yes/no have been a hard poll? Your options are so biased, it's not even worth having a poll to begin with.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is not the way the development team thinks. They will just create a 10th trait for gear (behind a grindwall of course). Lets call it the Preposterous trait.

Wearing one piece of gold Preposterous gear will reduce the chance of a proc set proccing on you by 5%. So if you go all out with gold gear you can get 35% RNG protection from RNG procs, just like old impen.

As we learned from shield breaker, the only way to fix bad mechanics (caused by CP system and removal of softcaps) is by adding in more bad mechanics.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on October 26, 2016 11:32PM
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't need to be removed, just most of them need to be severely nerfed.