Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Need some help Re-building my Nightblade

Tygerfire
Tygerfire
✭✭
So I recently came back to the game and have mainly been focusing on my Mag Sorc (just hit cp 160) and using the exp bonus to take a templar from 0-50 while getting as many skulls as possible.

Now that that event is winding down, I want to do something with my khajit NB, who while already 50, has pretty much been ignored until now. While originally leveling it, I went with a basic stamina build using bow/dw daggers and sometimes 2h. While I remember liking the class, I didn't really fall in love with the playstyle and overall feel.

Since my long break, all of my skill points, attributes, and CP have been reset so I can pretty much start from scratch. I've looked at some of the builds on Deltia but havn't come to any decisions yet.

I'm mainly looking for pve, surviveabiltiy, fun, and not too difficult or high-end gear dependent.

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For gear, you can start up with 5 crafted pieces of twice born star (tbs) all with divines (give you two mundus stone buffs, it's very effective if you stack the shadow and the thief, more critical chances and more critical damage boosted with the divine traits on the armor). When you craft the armor leave the head and shoulders slots open for a monster set.

Jewelry and weapons, I would go for viper, there is better gear out there but those are very easy to farm (you can get a named viper dagger with sharpened trait from the second boss on normal or vet FG2 - FUNGAL GROTTO PART II - and the purple jewelry you can get from vet FG1 and FG2).

Now you have 5 pieces of tbs and 5 pieces of viper, you still have 2 armor slots and a weapon swap open. For the head-shoulders you can fit a monster set here (the helm drops from the last boss of vet dungeon and the shoulders from the undaunted chest, if you don't know what are those I'll glady explain to you). I suggest you Selene's set (Selene's web group dungeon) since the it's group dungeon is a fairly easier. But if you up for a challenge you can go for the Velidreth (Cradle of Shadows group dungeon). For their shoulders, you need to run the undaunted pledges to get the keys to open the vaults that contain them. I'll glady explain if don't know what those are.

Concerning the other weapon swap, I'll would use a crafted bow. Like that you can keep this slot open for when you start to run the veteran Maelstorm Arena.

I hope this helps.

“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had success with this build in dungeons, deals decent numbers both in aoe dps and single target.

Rapid Strikes- for single target spam. Use daggers for crit
    Steel Tornado- amazing range for aoe and great for grouped mobs
    Ambush- for the opener and empower.
    Camouflaged Hunter- Savagery while slotted. Must have for this build
    Utility - this slot can be :

Mirage - For evasion and the crit bonus from the assassination line
    Refreshing Path - It may seem a weird choice but for speed, shadow buff, heals and aoe damage with one skill? No brainer
    Deadly Cloak - This will help with lessen enemy aoe damage and in grouped mobs
    Shrouded Blades - This is if you have bow as your second bar. Brutality and savagery needs to be up at all times.

Executioner / Poison Injection - For the executes since both of these have bonus damage for low target health
    Reaper's Mark - This helps with debuffing the enemy and heals upon death.
    Lightweight Beast trap - This allows you to have Minor Force, which increases critical.
    Rally / Venom Spray - Honestly, 2h is a buff machine to me right now so Rally is an awesome skill to have in your kit. I thought about Draining Shot or Magnum shot but its really more a questing tool than an all out dps skill like Venom Spray
    Relentless Focus - This works really well with Bows. The stamina recovery and spectral shot works well into rotation.

You have alot of choices for Ults, but i'd recommend Soul Harvest / Werewolf combination for questing, Soul Harvest / Flawless Dawnbreaker or smiting for dungeon runs. Soul tether is good as well, helps much with crowd control but with bow spray, you dont really need it that much except for the mass stun and heals.

Fun combo: Ambush - Soul Tether - Steel Tornado for daysssss
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please allow me to comment your skills bar, just one thing or two:

Rapid Strikes- for single target spam. Use daggers for crit -
    R:It's a great ability indeed, but myself, I prefer surprise attack over it (unless you are using the Maelstorm dw weapons). Suprise attack does slights more damage, instant damage and also debuffs. Very useful for you and your whole party.

Steel Tornado- amazing range for aoe and great for grouped mobs -
    R:must have indeed.

Ambush- for the opener and empower.
    R: I highly recomment you to exchange this for the killer blade. Killer blade can hit a plain 30k per hit after 25%. And since most trial boss have a lot of hp, it's very effective to use it. Ambush you will use it now and them, Killer blade is a high damage spammable abitlity that hits over 30k damage. Much more effective to use it than ambush.

Camouflaged Hunter- Savagery while slotted. Must have for this build.
    R: It's a must have, but if you have time to farm or money to buy the ingredients, you can craft stamina/crit/weapon damage pots and exchange this for other damage ability.

For the last spot, I recomend you to slot vigor, its a very nice heal, that will give you survivability and will ease that work of the healers, you can also slot reaming trap on this bar because its faster to refresh it.

For ultimate I love soul harvest: fast ultimate regen, high damage and debuffs. Its great.

For PVE I don't recomment 2H at all, go DW and bow for a more effective build.

Executioner / Poison Injection - For the executes since both of these have bonus damage for low target health
    R: Poison inejction is a must have, but why would you slot execute in the bow bar? DW gives you much more weapon damage and crits. You should slot your main spammable execution there, not here.

Reaper's Mark - This helps with debuffing the enemy and heals upon death.
    R: very good skill, but you may check with your party if anyother NB is also using it. Caltrops is a great substitute as well.

Lightweight Beast trap - This allows you to have Minor Force, which increases critical.
    R: Must have, but I would rather go with rearming trap since you don't have to recast it that often.

Rally / Venom Spray - Honestly, 2h is a buff machine to me right now so Rally is an awesome skill to have in your kit. I thought about Draining Shot or Magnum shot but its really more a questing tool than an all out dps skill like Venom Spray.
    R: As I said 2H is not effective for pve, if you want to hit high number you should go for DW and bow. Instead of Venom spray, I recommend you to use the endless hail, great aoe dot that deals massive damage. It's not effective to slot two spammable aoe damage (in your bars you have both venom spray and steel tornado). Exchange venom spray for endless hail and cast it every once in the while between your steel tornados.

Relentless Focus - This works really well with Bows. The stamina recovery and spectral shot works well into rotation.
    R: must have indeed

For ultimate I would go with dawnbreaker. Great damage with great control, great when things get out of hand.

I hope this helps.
    Edited by Milvan on October 26, 2016 12:09PM
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Tygerfire
    Tygerfire
    ✭✭
    This is great stuff...thx for all of the help