Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Could you beat vMSA with this build?

Bobby_V_Rockit
Bobby_V_Rockit
✭✭✭✭✭
Let's try this in reverse. Could you complete veteran Maelstrom Arena with my build?

These are my deets-->

Head: Velidreth's guise (reinf)
Shoulders: Velidreth's arm cops (infu)
Chest: TBS (div)
Waist: TBS (div)
Legs: TBS (div)
Arms: TBS (div)
Boots: TBS (div)

All legendary, all mediun, all gold stamina enchantments

Leki's Sword: sharpened, disease
Leki's Dagger: precise, poison
Leki's Bow: nirnhoned, weapon damage

3x Agility: robust, weapon dam

Skill bar 1: blood craze, expert hunter, rapid strikes, hurricane, bound armaments, Flawless Dawnbreaker

Skill bar 2: endless hail, critical surge, poison injection, rearming trap, bound armaments, Shooting Star (pve) reviving barrier (solo)

Champ Points:
Red: 89 elemental defender, 78 hardy, 3 thick skin, 17 quick recovery

Green: 100 warlord, 87 mooncalf

Blue: 89 Mighty, 53 thaum, 35 precise, 10 piercing.

Mag: 10846 (recov: 616)
Health: 17422 (recov: 355)
Stam: 36828 (recov: 981)
Weap dam: 3362
Crit: 74.1%
Spell resist: 11490
Phys resist: 18090
Crit resist: 0

Mundus: Thief and Shadow

I can't get past stage one :)

Best Answers

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before you read my input, let me humbly say that I haven't completed vMA yet. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

Your gear setup is very good, and seeing that you are trying veteran difficulty, then I can assume that you have a good understanding of the mechanics?

Perhaps slot more healing/defensive abilities like vigor and purge, it could work, maybe.

The first time I tried MA I had all legendary gear slotted and could not get past the Ice stage (5-TBS, 3-NMG-Head/Shoulder/DW/Bow, Agility-Neck/Rings) but then I started observing and experimenting with mechanics and tried different sets (blue quality) and skill strategies and finally made it through the ice stage with the blue gear.

My take is that mechanical awareness + sustainability along with + good dps and then + excellent gear will take you through.

Honestly MA and vMA (still working on stage 7) is more like a chore to farm sets and weapons for me now, maybe when I get better I could really enjoy and perhaps even try at leaderboards.

Good Luck. :)
    Answer ✓
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To echo some of the previous points - yes, it is doable with your build.

The only change I would want to make is swap out Evil Hunter for Vigor, then use Weapon Crit + stamina (+ health, if you want it) potions and keep them on cooldown - i.e. use them every 45 seconds. Vigor is a really powerful heal, and constantly using those potions will also give you +20% stamina recovery.

If you're struggling with getting insta-gibbed off screen then my general tips would be:
    • Damage, damage, damage - trash can't hurt you if it's dead
    • Keep moving - seriously - never stand sill
    • Make sure that you're using third person (!) and the camera is fully zoomed out; constantly rotate the camera as you move to assess the situation throughout the arena and prioritise targets
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

Answer ✓
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you roll dodge? Its very important to put some CP on the tumbling passive and roll dodge away from those arrows and ranged attacks. Your gear is fine.
    Using vigor on the first runs is also helpful, since you need extra heal to learn the things out.

Edit: I would use one heavy armor just to boost the health a little bit.
    Edited by Milvan on October 25, 2016 3:47PM
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
    Answer ✓
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Already done it with this easily...

lol and flawless with almost that exact build.

PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

Answer ✓
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completed it with what was worse than that I guess. I did it with 4 nightmother's instead of velidreth and leki's. I replaced the head with bloodspawn for the very last boss.

My bars were slightly different and I had the healing version of rapid strikes.

What's killing you on stage one?

Edited by Brrrofski on October 27, 2016 7:44AM
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you can't pass stage one, the issue is not with the build, because it's more than enough to deal with the first boss. If the issue doesn't come from the build, it comes from something else. Here are a few pointers:
    • What kills you? Is it a burst of damage, is it damage over time that keeps stacking, is it an issue with a lack of healing...?
    • Do you run into sustain issues? Do you have trouble killing even basic adds?
    • Do you know the mechanics?
    • Do you prepare the fight before it starts? (read: do you use Endless Hail and Rearming trap on the portail before the boss spawns?)
    • Can you keep your buffs up (especially Hurricane and Surge) at all time?
    • Do you use potions? If yes, which ones?
    • Do you have recordings of your attempts?

Hopefully answering those questions should give you a few pointers as to what you could improve. You could be using Vicious Ophidian instead of Lekis weapons and Agility, but this is not a must.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be a situational awareness issue, i.e.: I die to mobs shooting at me from off screen. I do keep crit and hurricane up, rearming trap pretty near constantly and attempt to keep the DoT from bloodcraze up too.

I dont know the mechanics well enough and only use health potions. I was more curious if my build was suitable, I'm ashamedly aware that it was most likely a L2P issue lol. But thanks for confirming! I'll stop grinding for gear and focus on learning soawn pounts and mechanics
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd smash it with that. Easy.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be a situational awareness issue, i.e.: I die to mobs shooting at me from off screen. I do keep crit and hurricane up, rearming trap pretty near constantly and attempt to keep the DoT from bloodcraze up too.

I dont know the mechanics well enough and only use health potions. I was more curious if my build was suitable, I'm ashamedly aware that it was most likely a L2P issue lol. But thanks for confirming! I'll stop grinding for gear and focus on learning soawn pounts and mechanics

I didn't want to say l2p issue but it is BUT that's OK! Maelstrom is hard it is supposed to be hard.

However... I say that tongue and check really... it's hard learning it's hard figuring out HOW TO. But once you get it nailed... man oh man! You'll breeze with your gear.

If you get in trouble, grab the DPS sigil off the bat. When it's out, grab the defensive sigil if you have adds at this point ignore group on boss and burn, in the event you're still going grab the healing ignore adds once again stack and burn no reason you shouldn't get this done.

Wish you best of luck.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have a legebdary cuirass of TBS available, and vigour, replenishing barrier, etc. Might put barrier ultimate on bow bar for extra help.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly just swap in vigor over evil hunter and you'll be fine. Practice, watch videos, etc...