The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant access forums via pc browser.

BRogueNZ
BRogueNZ
✭✭✭✭✭
Chrome or IE. Keeps showing proxy error.

Only eso forums affected.

? Stuck
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Well it says it right their, your proxy is causing the issue. Now I'm not sure about IE but I can (hopefully) help fix it on Chrome. Try the following steps:
    1. Launch Chrome.
    2. Click the menu icon (the three vertical dots) on the upper right hand corner of the browser.
    3. Click "Settings".
    4. Click "Show Advanced Settings"
    5. Scroll down to "Network".
    6. From here their could be two things that appear:
      • A message saying "Change how Chrome handles and displays languages. Learn more.
        1. In this case you want to click the button saying "Change proxy settings".
        2. These are the settings you want to alter, but without knowing what OS you are using I can't go any further. Though you shouldn't unless you've set one up (unlikely) have a VPN or Dial-Up connection set, if you do remove it.
      • A message saying that your Network/Proxy settings are being controlled by an extension.
        • In this case you'll want to disable the extension, their should be a button to do this to the right of the extension. If not go to the extensions tab and disable it their.
    7. You should be good to go.
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • DracheMitfahre
    DracheMitfahre
    Soul Shriven
    Working here on firefox fyi
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you've downloaded mal/bloatware that has done this, for future reference download or at least take a look at these programs that will hopefully fix these issues:
    1. Unchecky - This will automatically uncheck a lot of those malware boxes that come with certain programs.
    2. Adwcleaner - A malware removal tool, though you must already be infected before it'll work. It's not a prevention tool.
    3. Malwarebytes - Now this is a prevention tool, and may I add it's one of the best out their.
    Edited by Madness1 on October 24, 2016 2:45PM
    Hail Sithis.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madness1 wrote: »
    Well it says it right their, your proxy is causing the issue. Now I'm not sure about IE but I can (hopefully) help fix it on Chrome. Try the following steps:
    1. Launch Chrome.
    2. Click the menu icon (the three vertical dots) on the upper right hand corner of the browser.
    3. Click "Settings".
    4. Click "Show Advanced Settings"
    5. Scroll down to "Network".
    6. From here their could be two things that appear:
      • A message saying "Change how Chrome handles and displays languages. Learn more.
        1. In this case you want to click the button saying "Change proxy settings".
        2. These are the settings you want to alter, but without knowing what OS you are using I can't go any further. Though you shouldn't unless you've set one up (unlikely) have a VPN or Dial-Up connection set, if you do remove it.
      • A message saying that your Network/Proxy settings are being controlled by an extension.
        • In this case you'll want to disable the extension, their should be a button to do this to the right of the extension. If not go to the extensions tab and disable it their.
    7. You should be good to go.

Ive googled that much myself but thank you. Is only this site but is still acessible via mobile so not the end of the world.

Thanks for replies/advice.
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »

Ive googled that much myself but thank you. Is only this site but is still acessible via mobile so not the end of the world.

Thanks for replies/advice.

Fair enough, sorry that didn't offer anything new. Maybe it's an issue with your ISP, or are you connecting to here via WiFi on your phone? If you can access it fine via WiFi then it's without a doubt something on your PC blocking the site and without taking a look myself I can't really give clear advice.

I could take a look at your System Information and see if something seems off. To do this you'll need to do the following:
    1. Open the Start Menu (Windows Key)
    2. Click on "Run"
    3. In the new window type the following "msinfo32.exe" and press Enter.
    4. Click File.
    5. Click Export.
    6. Save it and upload it.

If I can find something that could be causing the issue I'll let you know, if not then it's worth a look.
    Edited by Madness1 on October 25, 2016 3:04PM
    Hail Sithis.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue has resolved it self. thanks again, not sure what the solution was I assune time/isp
    Edited by BRogueNZ on October 25, 2016 8:38PM