Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Best Class Combo to relearn the game

mashugana
mashugana
I am returning after a long break. I want to solo PvE, enjoy the story and quests, and have fun combat. I know ESO has many, many ways to do this - I am overwhelmed. Any suggestions? Is it easier to learn as a Stamina build to learn the basics of weapons? Or a Magika build to learn how class mechanics work?

I usually prefer ranged combat but in ESO I find melee to be really engaging - I feel like I am smacking the heck out of stuff.

Thanks for helping me narrow it down.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say Templar. It's pretty easy to get into any role with them due to their versatility.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo PvE is easier to complete with magicka builds. Things like "oh no!" heals and wards make for a very forgiving playstyle.

Range is actually possible in PvE, again making me think magicka has an advantage here.

For classes, I know Sorcerer pet builds a very capable of soloing most PvE content. I have heard of magicka temps and Nbs doing the same. Haven't heard much about mDKs.

I have seen stam builds rock PvE before, im just unfamiliar with PvE stam
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People been soloing veteran group dungeons on hard mode with mag sorcs.

Haven't seen any other videos of other classes capable of doing that.
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka templar sounds pretty good for what you want to do.
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    mashugana wrote: »
    I am returning after a long break. I want to solo PvE, enjoy the story and quests, and have fun combat. I know ESO has many, many ways to do this - I am overwhelmed. Any suggestions? Is it easier to learn as a Stamina build to learn the basics of weapons? Or a Magika build to learn how class mechanics work?

I usually prefer ranged combat but in ESO I find melee to be really engaging - I feel like I am smacking the heck out of stuff.

Thanks for helping me narrow it down.

sounds like stamina nightblade, dualwield and bow. you get steel tornado aoe, power extraction aoe with dmg buff, lacerate new dualwield ulti with great heal aoe, and high dot, and arrow barrage off bow skill, lota aoe dmg here easy to farm and mega burst pve mobs/dungeons then the stam nightblade is just super compatible with dualwield having ambush for gap close, also good single target dps to switch for pvp, killers blade and surprise attack, blood craze dual wield dot and hot
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer is definitely one of the best solo classes. You can complete all overland content with it fairly easily, except a few of the new world bosses. You get most of your imporant solo skills pretty early. Having the Clanfear tank for you and using his heal as necessary will make you tough to kill until you get your Ward at the end of the Summoning tree, at which point it becomes VERY difficult for overland stuff to kill you.
    Edited by dpencil on October 22, 2016 12:58AM
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely a Magicka Sorcerer. All points into Magicka. I have just returned to Eso after a long break. Started fresh with a sorcerer. I'm using the clannfear for mob control and I'm kicking npc butt. Fun class to play in my opinion. they are also, I would say, a very easy class to maintain.
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • mashugana
    mashugana
    Thanks again for all the great advice
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much what everyone said: either Magicka Templar or Pet Sorcerer are the way to go.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question on this. Every thread similar to this, even the older ones say(mag) templar, sorcerer, and have started to say magicka nb. While I know all classes are perfectly viable are these three equal when it comes to pve solo? Reason I'm asking is I need a break from my stamina sorcerer(i don't get a lot of play time, so on a 1 week vacation I did the quests and 230cp. Need a break from spinning)

I'm trying a templar and a nb(only lvl 20. Cp make a HUGE difference btw!) Since it seems most mobs attack in groups wouldn't the templar be better with their cone? How do magicka nb and sorcerers manage adds?(my stamina sorcerer can just surge and spin multiples and rain arrows.) I'm PROBABLY going to continue my nb just cause I like him better(argonian- Black of Soul)

I can see why one on one sorcerer would rock but how do they (and nb) handle so many adds?