Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Harvesting in One Tamriel

byghostlightrwb17_ESO
Bear with me I am not sure how to explain my question... It is my understanding harvesting materials in the new patch is depending on what your CRAFTING level is per profession. You have a chance of materials for your current level and previous level?

So what happens if my CHARACTER out levels my crafting? will I get to a point where while adventuring that I can no longer find harvests to be able to make current character level stuff, compared to my crafting level.

EG I am 24 but my crafting of metal, clothing, woodwork is only like 19-21. So after a few nights when I get to 26-27, unless I get my crafting level up to will I have trouble getting harvests for that tier?

As someone who plays for story I was so happy I didnt have to worry about grey quests and getting too far ahead of the curve but will that still happen now but just in terms of crafting? Or am I missing something obvious?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You find 50/50 all over, like you used to just in the dlc zones.

For example let's says my main character has only the default point into metalworking (blacksmith), but is level 50 with 160cp. I would find iron ore and rubedite ore all over.

Also to point out, it matters what material you can use.. rather than crafting "level". Like I can have level 50 in blacksmithing... But if I didn't put any points into the first passive, half the ore I would find would be iron..since that is the level of ore that character can use during that craft. The other half would match whatever my character level is.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    You find 50/50 all over

From my experience it's more like 70/30 but yes, that's how it works.

Which also means that if you're looking for mats below your invested passive points you either have to respec or use an alt that has points spent which match the mats you're looking for.
    shades.gif
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    oh brilliant stuff, so I can just really just keep pottering on as I have been and not worry about failing to get the harvests I need. Thanks for the concise answer.