Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Best Place to Level Up Combat Skills After Level 50

RagingTempest
RagingTempest
Soul Shriven
Howdy,

So I just recently got back into ESO and bought the four expansions. I started my adventure a long time ago as an Orc DK with heavy armor and two-handed, now that I am getting back into it I was looking to level up my one handed tree so that I could tank properly instead of being a bruiser build. SO, now that you know my predicament what are the best places to grind and get my skills up? Also would it be dumb of me to level up my medium armor as well? I am not the best at MMO's but I love them, any and all help would be appreciated!

Thanks and gig em!!

P.S. I play solo a lot, just a heads up.

Gamertag: RagingTempest I on Xbox one
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, some skill leveling advice.

- right now, the witches festival means 100% more XP when in skeleton form. That helps. You can also buy psijic and stack that XP boost for a mega-buff.

- skills and skill lines level by having them on your bar. Armor levels by wearing it. If grinding, sure...level anything. If you're at lvl 50 heavy armor, toss on a few pieces of training in medium. Or even light. For my DK, I like to have them leveled in heavy and medium so they can adjust between tank and more Dps. If it were me, I'd go five medium if my heavy was leveled and my medium was low. You don't need the heavy to grind.

- Put as many skills on your bar that you can that haven't fully leveled. When I grind, I put my one "must have" attack on the bar, then create a wonky bar of leveling skills. It's not the easiest way to play, but if you're grinding for an hour you might as well level as many skills/lines as possible. And remember, you could technically put a bow skill on a bar with a 1h weapon equipped. Wtf?? Ha...this will level both bow and that skill, although the button won't do anything. When I grind, I usually waste one button in order to level a weapon line/skill that's behind.

- get a training sword and shield for leveling your one handed. It's mucnfaster this way.

- the best places to level are places with the most mobs. Now that One Tam has dropped, I recommend grinding through every public dungeon. There are 18 of these, and each has a sky shard and skill point group event. And lots of monsters. They all also have 1-2 quests, which offer good XP turn in rewards, so if you're grinding them you might as well complete these. Also, grind all the dolmens. You get great XP for the mobs, but also a giant area clear bonus. Third, world bosses give big XP rewards the first time you kill them.

DKs are a little boring to grind because the kills take longer. See if you can find 1-3 others running thenpublic dungeons and tag along with them. As long as you do 10% of the damage to any given monster, you'll get XP. If you want to run in a pack, people circle the wrothgar dungeons pretty much 24/7.