The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please Limit PVP It is killing the towns and the game

AmbrosiaPeach
AmbrosiaPeach
✭✭
This new update has killed the game for a lot of people or is killing the game slowly but surely
1. Duelers are camping in town around the markets and Wayshrines which is not only really noisy and confusing but is lagging the worlds out when you go to town to do anything like oh research craft go to the bank ect
2. Getting spammed with 100s of invites to duel when you enter town not fun at all makes me want to log out right there
3. No need to play the game now just go kill 5000 mud crabs and you will level so you can beat the main boss
4. Elder Scrolls has ALWAYS been a story where you started low level and had to work your way up to a main boss you guys are making it more about PVP less about environment and bringing the PVP into the town where the PVE people have to be around 100s of people just waiting to duel when they would of been in the other world and town is crowded enough with all the duel

You could make it to where they can't PVP so many feet around market/towns/crafting benches/ ect that way we don't have to have all these people sitting and dueling messing up our gaming experience when they could be out in the out skirts of town or the woods where all the fighting is going on anyway or go to the PVP world.
Limit the numbers of duel invites a day they can send so that maybe it will calm down a bit on the spam invites and maybe there won't be 100s of people camping in town and making it IMPOSSIBLE TO DO ANYTHING INSIDE OF ANY TOWN
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy, everybody

This guy
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do think they need to make towns where you get bounties and attacked by guards or forced to stop by the guards while in city limits. Also putting into place a block for any form of combat using any type of abilties while in banks.
    So basically if you start a duel in a town you get a few seconds warning that the guards are coming to break it up and then they will break it up by forcing you to stop. So basically this would help keep them from doing it in the cities.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i must disagree, i feel as tho my home towns have come alive. i Love this new change and new patch.
    altho i admit to being uncomfortable seeing the lower races walking around in my home towns, seeing them being beat up and hearing the screams of pain just sends "Delight" and "Comfort" to my old heart.
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    I hung out in moutnhold last night.... didn't get spammed for duel requests, did not lag any more than usual in a main town

Do not see a problem here.

Also if dueling is such a nuisance to you then just turn on auto decline
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.... 95% of these people dueling are not PvP'ers, don't blame us, if we could we would never leave Cyrodiil, it's stupid we have to in order to duel.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove dueling from cities and towns i love dueling but its annoying when i craft or browsing traders or banking
  • Vekoeros
    Vekoeros
    ✭✭
    I have yet to run into an issue with players dueling anywhere, it has not distracted or interfered with me doing anything, just gives me some colorful background look while crafting and banking.
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woah there, calm your heels partner :D I predict there will be some changes to the dueling system. I just look at this as just a sort of rough draft. This game is constantly in motion, they always push out content like this then make adjustments later. They just like to keep the pace going so I wouldn't worry too much yet ;) .
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to your Settings --> Social --> Autodecline Duels = ON

And in a few days the novelty will wear off and people will settle down.

You are still starting at low level and working towards a final boss if that is how you want to play.

If you instead want to kill 5000 mudcrabs, you can do that as well.

I'm sure someone could kill 5000 mudcrabs in Skyrim or Oblivion as well to level. I know that my second playthrough of Oblivion I completely ignored the "work towards killing the final boss" part of the game and just did other stuff.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess going now into Glenumbra or Stonefalls' main cities in below outfit wouldn't be wise regarding duel invites :D

zc9CsGB.jpg
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    I guess going now into Glenumbra or Stonefalls' main cities in below outfit wouldn't be wise regarding duel invites :D

zc9CsGB.jpg

Is that one of the new costumes? That looks awesome!
    The Moot Councillor
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not push duelling out of towns, they are what, 10 percent of the total pve landmass, no one is going to object to doing it at some random wayshrine, why can't we have the best of both worlds :(
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit, I'm pretty sick of people complaining about duel invites WHEN THEY CAN BE AUTO DECLINED. Anyway, I've really enjoyed watching the duels around town. As others have mentioned, it makes the cities feel more alive and causes me to take a break from Cyrodiil and actually visit the towns to see what everyone is up to.
    Hopefully they never prohibit duelling in towns
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer to being spammed with duel invites is to disable them under the social settings. Being sent whispers asking you to duel when you're on auto-decline is another matter and hopefully will settle down when the kids get bored of it after a few days. I'm not saying that all duelists are kids, just that some of them act like they are even if they're not!

Unless things do settle down fairly quickly there will also be a need to disable dueling entirely within towns and around wayshrines, it really does slow things down and ruin immersion. There's absolutely no reason why duelists have to pick the most crowded places to operate in.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not push duelling out of towns, they are what, 10 percent of the total pve landmass, no one is going to object to doing it at some random wayshrine, why can't we have the best of both worlds :(

this does sound like a fair request.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Nope :). It's Aldmeri Dominion style motif
    - head and chest heavy,
    - boots and shoulders and hands medium,
    - plus medium belt and trousers from Viper's set (basic Argonian style).
    light dye Sulfur Pools Yellow
    red shiny dye is from some trial
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is pretty much going to be like when they introduced the justice system and you had NPCs, if they had respawned, standing among piles of their own corpses. The novelty will wear off, people will have gotten their achievements, and though you might still see it from time to time, it won't be as common as these first few weeks.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Yeah.... 95% of these people dueling are not PvP'ers, don't blame us, if we could we would never leave Cyrodiil, it's stupid we have to in order to duel.

Well, any of us regular PvPers wouldn't duel in towns anyway. Being in an isolated area with no distractions would be highly more ideal for the more serious 1v1er.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Nope :). It's Aldmeri Dominion style motif
    - head and chest heavy,
    - boots and shoulders and hands medium,
    - plus medium belt and trousers from Viper's set (basic Argonian style).
    light dye Sulfur Pools Yellow
    red shiny dye is from some trial

Thank you! I have an AD sorc that needs new gear (she's still wearing level 40 gear and is CP 160), so I may use that as inspiration. :-)

The Moot Councillor
  • LaiTash
    LaiTash
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how dueling in towns is any worse then spellspam or mass murdering of NPCs. At least now there's something to watch.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make dueling unable to initiate in city limits.

For those of us who have no interest in it, it causes more framerate woes and lag than is warrented.
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I have to admit, I'm pretty sick of people complaining about duel invites WHEN THEY CAN BE AUTO DECLINED. Anyway, I've really enjoyed watching the duels around town. As others have mentioned, it makes the cities feel more alive and causes me to take a break from Cyrodiil and actually visit the towns to see what everyone is up to.
    Hopefully they never prohibit duelling in towns

Its a better option than a movement to get it removed from the game again
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

zc9CsGB.jpg

The new Jester costume in the Crown Store looks great!
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I have to admit, I'm pretty sick of people complaining about duel invites WHEN THEY CAN BE AUTO DECLINED.

@Alucardo

Problem with the Auto Decline is, we are spammed with messages stating that we Auto-Declined the Duels. I don't want to know I auto declined, I don't want to know anything about the Duels. If the Autodecline would just do that and leave me alone, that would be one thing. But, I am constantly reminded by the game that I had the audacity to not participate in something I have no interest in participating in.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it,leave it
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow it's really killing the game? And here I though it was terrible decisions and horrible mismanagement that was accomplishing that, turns out a little PvP was all you ever needed to kill it off for good! Relax, dueling will die down in a few days when the its not the new shiny thing anymore and people start congregating in places like Hammer Death Arena for it.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This new update has killed the game for a lot of people or is killing the game slowly but surely
    1. Duelers are camping in town around the markets and Wayshrines which is not only really noisy and confusing but is lagging the worlds out when you go to town to do anything like oh research craft go to the bank ect
    2. Getting spammed with 100s of invites to duel when you enter town not fun at all makes me want to log out right there
    3. No need to play the game now just go kill 5000 mud crabs and you will level so you can beat the main boss
    4. Elder Scrolls has ALWAYS been a story where you started low level and had to work your way up to a main boss you guys are making it more about PVP less about environment and bringing the PVP into the town where the PVE people have to be around 100s of people just waiting to duel when they would of been in the other world and town is crowded enough with all the duel

You could make it to where they can't PVP so many feet around market/towns/crafting benches/ ect that way we don't have to have all these people sitting and dueling messing up our gaming experience when they could be out in the out skirts of town or the woods where all the fighting is going on anyway or go to the PVP world.
    Limit the numbers of duel invites a day they can send so that maybe it will calm down a bit on the spam invites and maybe there won't be 100s of people camping in town and making it IMPOSSIBLE TO DO ANYTHING INSIDE OF ANY TOWN

1. I would actually be fine if they limited dueling in towns, but it certainly isn't killing the game.
    2. There's this thing called auto-decline. You should check it out. It's in your social settings.
    3. What does this have to do with PvP?
    4. If you think they are making the game more about PvP when they just made it so all PvPers have to PvE for sets that are now BoP, you're missing most of your brain cells.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I haven't had much of a chance to duel since I mostly play on console don't ruin this for us it's posts like these is why we don't have cool things in this game.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dueling next to the Undaunted Enclave just feels right. It is something the Undaunted would approve of.
    Edited by Luigi_Vampa on October 6, 2016 6:42PM
    PC/EU DC
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBH , most duellers, including myself will fight in organised events or out in the wild somewhere.

As others have said, the novelty will wear off for some of the "duellers" in cities, yet despite that, the cities and towns are a lot more lively.

If it annoys you with seeing duels, then just ignore it and focus on your own personal ops.

Many of us have had to wait 2 and a bit years for duelling to finally come, so let people have their time ok:}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access