The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Wizard hat baldness

Lunarhound
Lunarhound
✭✭✭
I've been waiting some time for wizard hats, so it's a bit of a bummer that when they finally arrive, it turns out that they make you bald. Could we get some hair working for these, like it does with the second bycocket? My mage character is meant to have long, flowing Gandalf hair, and he's not looking forward to having to give it up to wear a pointy hat. My girlfriend has also been looking forward to being able to make something like a classic witch by combining the clever man with one of the dresses, but when she saw what it did to her poor wood elf, I thought she was going to cry.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as these wizard hats are a Crown Crate exclusive, I don't know when you'll actually be able to get one on Live to wear ... due to the RNG nature of the crate rewards themselves.

Which asks the question: Are you participating in the Crown Crates after the extensive feedback provided by the forums community??

If you wait until the hats are available as a regular crown store purchase, that might give ZOS enough time to fix the issues you mention, OP ... which could be a good thing ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 4, 2016 5:34PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the hats do this . Long hair disappears with hats . Needs fixing but I doubt they will because clipping issues .
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the hats do this . Long hair disappears with hats . Needs fixing but I doubt they will because clipping issues .

Not quite ... or at least not on all hats.

To illustrate the OP's issue, I upload a pic with the new Upright Antlers hat ... as well as one with one of the new wizard hats. The wizard hat removes the hair while the other one does not ...

dLkefgs.png

gkeHvp9.png
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry OP, but I couldn't help but laugh at this post. Don't get me wrong, I hope it gets fixed, but this was a nice break from the regular threads.
  • Lunarhound
    Lunarhound
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as these wizard hats are a Crown Crate exclusive, I don't know when you'll actually be able to get one on Live to wear ... due to the RNG nature of the crate rewards themselves.

I see that as a separate issue.Yeah, it's a crate exclusive, but I'd still rather they get hair working with it so that if I ever get oe it won't look terrible.
    Which asks the question: Are you participating in the Crown Crates after the extensive feedback provided by the forums community??

To get a wizard hat? Probably, yeah. It may be a crate exclusive, but it's a low tier one, and with the changes to crates they've already talked about, it shouldn't be too hard to either get the gems for one, or draw it outright, assuming the gem cost of the low tier collectibles doesn't change that much.

Not quite true. Besides the antler hat posted by @Taleof2Cities there's also the second bycocket on the test server. That one keeps the hair as well.
    Edited by Lunarhound on October 4, 2016 9:33PM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not quite ... or at least not on all hats.

To illustrate the OP's issue, I upload a pic with the new Upright Antlers hat ... as well as one with one of the new wizard hats. The wizard hat removes the hair while the other one does not ...

dLkefgs.png

gkeHvp9.png

Pardon me diversion of topic but... is that f***ing stalhrim armor?!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pardon me diversion of topic but... is that f***ing stalhrim armor?!

Correct, it's all Stalhrim light except the bracers which are medium. The hats are crown crate finds ... not part of the motif, of course.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 5, 2016 7:09AM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea on when or where to get it? I didn't see it as a one tamriel motif
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One in three Wizards suffer from a chronic hair loss disease known as "Wizard hat baldness". Please, donate now to Wizgrow and help raise awareness.
    Bald Wizards, you are not alone.

qCRg6ik.jpg

Yes you are, Geoff. Yes you are a Wizard

Edited by Alucardo on October 5, 2016 7:53AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL it seriously makes you bald???? :smiley:

WFT ZOS :smiley: ????
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    One in three Wizards suffer from a chronic hair loss disease known as "Wizard hat baldness". Please, donate now to Wizgrow and help raise awareness.
    Bald Wizards, you are not alone.

qCRg6ik.jpg

Yes you are, Geoff. Yes you are a Wizard

Someone should tell Geoff that he ought to grow a flowing wizard-beard while he's at it - it would make up for the wizard hat pattern baldness.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>