Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Experienced Player That Switched From Console to PC

blastton
blastton
Soul Shriven
I've long since decided that console was no longer going to support my needs as a gamer and I wanted to move on from it. After saving for a while I bought a computer that meets my needs. It's not the best but it really seems to get the job done. I then bought the Gold Edition of this game for PC because I already had all the DLC for Xbox. The problem is, I don't know where to start on ESO. I said I was an experienced player but I'm not sure what I can do just starting the game from scratch. I could really use some advice or help. I was thinking of grinding to make up some champion point loss.

Any advice, add-ons, or in game help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I'm just a lurker on these forums, I don't usually post, so this was a new experience for me
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest running quests. Focus more on solo play. It's gonna take a while but I think playinv the game as if its a single player rpg may get you back up as quickly as possible (also in 1 T more scaling, more quests, faster to get up)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • HayleyTaurus
    HayleyTaurus
    ✭✭
    I agree with Waffennacht, going solo you can do things at your own pace. As an experienced player you should have no problems completing the quest on each map quickly and efficiently, after all you'll already be familiar with most of the maps already.

As a PC player I strongly recommend that you get Minion, it is an add on manager. Using Minion you can quickly and easily find add ons to suit your needs. There are just so many great addons out there it is definitely worth a look.

I don't know what class and build you are planning to use, however I would personally opt for a build that utilises self healing capabilities, as this allows you to stay in the game longer i.e. you can keep on powering though quest and dungeons, without the need for health pots. I would also make good use of AOE damage, you'll be able to kill more mobs quicker and as a result save yourself time running around a room. With enough survivability due to self healing capabilities, you can essentially be a self healing dps tank.
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESOUI.com

Awesome Guild Store
    Azurah
    Destinations
    Lorebooks
    Lost Treasure
    Master Merchant
    Potion Maker
    Skyshards
    Trait Buddy

And that's only half of what I use. :P
  • botulidze
    botulidze
    first of all, I would suggest asking someone to craft you 7 pieces of armor with learning trait (+7% exp from mobs per piece equipped) so that you could level up quickly. then you can check places for grinding or level up doing quests.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=english&id=288937648

then try to invest some points into stealing and save money for a mount - it will speed up your movement between location

and, of course, as suggested above, install add-ons
    Edited by botulidze on October 5, 2016 7:02PM
  • blastton
    blastton
    Soul Shriven
    I would suggest running quests. Focus more on solo play. It's gonna take a while but I think playinv the game as if its a single player rpg may get you back up as quickly as possible (also in 1 T more scaling, more quests, faster to get up)

I've never seen myself as someone that would do the same quests again but I will try this as it does seem like a smart method. I am currently trying to grind up a little to try and bring myself back up but maybe questing would help.
    I agree with Waffennacht, going solo you can do things at your own pace. As an experienced player you should have no problems completing the quest on each map quickly and efficiently, after all you'll already be familiar with most of the maps already.

As a PC player I strongly recommend that you get Minion, it is an add on manager. Using Minion you can quickly and easily find add ons to suit your needs. There are just so many great addons out there it is definitely worth a look.

I don't know what class and build you are planning to use, however I would personally opt for a build that utilises self healing capabilities, as this allows you to stay in the game longer i.e. you can keep on powering though quest and dungeons, without the need for health pots. I would also make good use of AOE damage, you'll be able to kill more mobs quicker and as a result save yourself time running around a room. With enough survivability due to self healing capabilities, you can essentially be a self healing dps tank.

I decided to play as a Stamina Templar because it seemed to suit my needs coming back in. I have found several addons that I believe will help me without the help of Minion but I don't really know if its effective to go without Minion; I haven't tried.
    ESOUI.com

Awesome Guild Store
    Azurah
    Destinations
    Lorebooks
    Lost Treasure
    Master Merchant
    Potion Maker
    Skyshards
    Trait Buddy

And that's only half of what I use. :P

Thanks for these, I already have 3 of those addons so I can tell we have similar taste. I'll probably get the rest right now.
    botulidze wrote: »
    first of all, I would suggest asking someone to craft you 7 pieces of armor with learning trait (+7% exp from mobs per piece equipped) so that you could level up quickly. then you can check places for grinding or level up doing quests.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=english&id=288937648

then try to invest some points into stealing and save money for a mount - it will speed up your movement between location

and, of course, as suggested above, install add-ons

I have gotten my training armor from a very friendly guild that I joined recently and I'm thinking about grinding as a solution to my problems.

Thank you to all that posted these helpful comments, I really needed the advice.
    Edit: Sorry for the wall of text
    Edited by blastton on October 5, 2016 7:43PM