The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Rattlecage and Medusa Jewelry

Samuel_Bantien
Samuel_Bantien
✭✭✭
Does Rattlecage and Medusa drop in Healthy or Arcane.. (or Robust / All Traits)?
Got some Theorying to do.
Zaxon
PC NA
Ebonheart:
Magicka Dragonknight: Suedoú
Magicka Nightblade: Suedou
Magicka Sorcerer: Suedoe

Best Answers

• Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Only their respective trait for jewellries. So if they are heavy they will only come in healthy and so on.
    Answer ✓
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's true
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
    Answer ✓
  • Samuel_Bantien
    Samuel_Bantien
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, if this is true, this is going to be a rage thread to make Medusa and Rattlecage's jewelry trait Arcane.
    Zaxon
    PC NA
    Ebonheart:
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why they decided to change the way jewelry traits work.
    There are many "light" sets that I use on my tank that would be more beneficial to me in Robust or Healthy.

There are 8 traits for weapons and armor drops, I don't see a reason why there should not be 3 traits for jewelry.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are cutting down on some RNG ... there are plenty of sets out there after the update to make great builds. Most dropped sets will have jewelry and weapons now and that opens up dozens of doors for each class.

These sets can still be used but you will just have to sacrifice magicka for health. They likely won't be some BiS gear anyway.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    There are many "light" sets that I use on my tank that would be more beneficial to me in Robust or Healthy.

There are 8 traits for weapons and armor drops, I don't see a reason why there should not be 3 traits for jewelry.

The rage over robust Willpower and arcane Agility when IC launched is why they changed it, the problem is they can't seem to analyze what roles a set will be most useful for and assign appropriate traits. For example, this set is heavy armor but it gives you major sorcery all the time, we should probably put arcane traits on the jewelry.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on September 29, 2016 2:23PM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

The rage over robust Willpower and arcane Agility when IC launched is why they changed it, the problem is they can't seem to analyze what roles a set will be most useful for and assign appropriate traits. For example, this set is heavy armor but it gives you major sorcery all the time, we should probably put arcane traits on the jewelry.

There is also great rage over Training and Prosperous, but you don't see them changing that, do you?

The only difference is, somebody might actually want different traits on jewelry, unlike training and prosperous.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

There is also great rage over Training and Prosperous, but you don't see them changing that, do you?

The only difference is, somebody might actually want different traits on jewelry, unlike training and prosperous.

Hey I didn't say they are correct with these decisions, that's just why they changed it. As for the training and prosperous, I wouldn't try to understand, there is not much reasoning going through Wrobel's head so its kind of a mess to figure out.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's too bad. Now it's harder for me to understand the Medusa set as dps potential... I guess it's only ment to be useful for that famous Sorc crit tank build.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are probably heavy sets with healthy traits because they feel they would be overpowered in arcane/light.
  • shrb
    shrb
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that it's because they don't care:

Sets like the above or soulshine are obviously dps sets even in the eyes of a 6y old.

Since it's heavy, it's ok to come in healthy jewels for tanks or PvP, but for pve the loss of arcane in jewels is such a huge loss (and you obviously can't use heavy for pve dps) that actually make the sets obsolete there.

Anyone can see it, they just don't care to fix it
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    shrb wrote: »

Sets like the above or soulshine are obviously dps sets even in the eyes of a 6y old.

Since it's heavy, it's ok to come in healthy jewels for tanks or PvP, but for pve the loss of arcane in jewels is such a huge loss (and you obviously can't use heavy for pve dps) that actually make the sets obsolete there.

Fix what? Why should heavy armor must be BiS for dps and Arcane should be BiS as jewel trait. Wanna dps in PvE - you have light armor with arcane trait. Wanna wear Soulshine or Rattlecage as off-sets - prepare for penalties.
    Stop searhing for easy no-brain solution and blame ZOS that it doesn't exist
    P.S.: Wrobel promised to rework system and make HP more viable as other stats. Maybe then Healthy trait will be very strong and people start whine why light armor jewels don't have Helthy trait.
    Edited by Cinbri on September 30, 2016 9:32AM
  • shrb
    shrb
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Fix what? Why should heavy armor must be BiS for dps and Arcane should be BiS as jewel trait. Wanna dps in PvE - you have light armor with arcane trait. Wanna wear Soulshine or Rattlecage as off-sets - prepare for penalties.
    P.S.: Wrobel promised to rework system and make HP more viable as other stats. Maybe then Healthy trait will be very strong and people start whine why light armor jewels don't have Helthy trait.

"Fix what"?
    Fix the sets OBVIOUSLY

You make a dps set
    You give it 400sp as it's capstone
    And then you give it healthy jewels which effectively translates into:
    Instead of 400sp, gain a tiny amount of sp and a bunch of health.

In fact, this is not limited to magicka sets:
    EVERY SINGLE SET needs to have its jewels in its PRIMARY ROLE (tank, mag dps, sta dps)

"All heavy is healthy, all light is arcane, all medium robust" is the LAZIEST way to code something.

It's so lazy that it could only be a placeholder in a normal game.

It's 100% the same as coding every medium set p.e. to have +damage as it's capstone.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walkers hate on the healthy trait but Khajiit knows that this can be useful for the build this one has planned. Work with what you have.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • shrb
    shrb
    ✭✭
    The inherent problem is that jewels don't have "base stats". It doesn't count as armor piece, etc.
    Their trait is basically their base.

So, for sets, their "base" should reflect their role and not their type.

And yes, you can go through hoops to make something usable, but it should be the opposite:
    Hoops for fringe builds, simple for simple builds.
    Edited by shrb on September 30, 2016 10:01AM
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seriously a when you don't have the traits you want on jewelry the simply solution is adjust the attributes. why does the obvious escape so many.
  • shrb
    shrb
    ✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    seriously a when you don't have the traits you want on jewelry the simply solution is adjust the attributes. why does the obvious escape so many.

what do you mean "adjust the attirbutes"?
    dps usually run full resource and dual food

the only "adjustment" in favor of resource is switching from dual food to one stat food, but that's really inneficient stat wise.
    the 2.5k resource you lose from having a set of healthy jewels is nearly 250 power lost.
    you cant dps in heavy in pve either.
    so a "heavy" dps set is basically only for pvp.

the problem is more apparent in magicka sets because for some reason there are a LOT heavy sets for magicka dps
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

what do you mean "adjust the attirbutes"?
    dps usually run full resource and dual food

the only "adjustment" in favor of resource is switching from dual food to one stat food, but that's really inneficient stat wise.
    the 2.5k resource you lose from having a set of healthy jewels is nearly 250 power lost.
    you cant dps in heavy in pve either.
    so a "heavy" dps set is basically only for pvp.

the problem is more apparent in magicka sets because for some reason there are a LOT heavy sets for magicka dps

Its because they decided to have this arbitrary rule of one heavy, one medium, and one light set per zone, but since light is also for healers the magicka DPS sets got moved into the "heavy pool" rather than have 2 light sets in a zone.
    Playing since beta...
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from a pvp perspective most players spend attributes pts (some at least) on health. with sets giving raw health additive those pts can be spent on something else.

most players want 22k min for trials and 25k for pvp. shield stackers being the exception of course.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    from a pvp perspective most players spend attributes pts (some at least) on health. with sets giving raw health additive those pts can be spent on something else.

most players want 22k min for trials and 25k for pvp. shield stackers being the exception of course.

22k for trials? Really? How many trials have you run recently? Most trials I run the DPSs are around 17-18k. There are some healers that push their health to close to 20K, but DPSs are running low health builds and hoping the tank wears Ebon.
    Playing since beta...
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Fix what"?
    Fix the sets OBVIOUSLY

You make a dps set

EVERY SINGLE SET needs to have its jewels in its PRIMARY ROLE (tank, mag dps, sta dps)

"All heavy is healthy, all light is arcane, all medium robust" is the LAZIEST way to code something.

It's 100% the same as coding every medium set p.e. to have +damage as it's capstone.

@shrb
    you say: "You make a dps set"
    and then you do something on the contrary with Health on the Jewelry

I do not think that this set is intended as a DPS set for a pure DPS build.

There is more than just pure builds

like High Health builds wanting to do some HPS and or DPS as well.

It could also be, that once the already announced benefits for a higher Health Pool have been implemented end 2016/Q1 2017, this set is going to be a very viable choice.

Edited by hrothbern on September 30, 2016 3:13PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Samuel_Bantien
    Samuel_Bantien
    ✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »

@shrb

It could also be, that once the already announced benefits for a higher Health Pool have been implemented end 2016/Q1 2017, this set is going to be a very viable choice.

So you're saying its not viable right now and that magicka builds have to wait till the next update to have a viable set that is already implemented in the game?

Let's just say stamina has great sets coming in Robust jewelry (Draugr Hulk, Strength of the Automoton, Sword Singer, Sword Dancer, Toxic Defiance) while the (was) most desired Magicka sets come in Healthy jewelry (Soulshine, Medusa).

No favoritism here.
    Zaxon
    PC NA
    Ebonheart:
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@shrb

So you're saying its not viable right now and that magicka builds have to wait till the next update to have a viable set that is already implemented in the game?

Let's just say stamina has great sets coming in Robust jewelry (Draugr Hulk, Strength of the Automoton, Sword Singer, Sword Dancer, Toxic Defiance) while the (was) most desired Magicka sets come in Healthy jewelry (Soulshine, Medusa).

No favoritism here.

Agree with you that the timing could be better.

I also think that One Tamriel forced the timing of all the sets now available.
    All the Overland area's have 3 sets and all the Dungeons have 3 sets.
    Medusa being one of the three sets of Arx Corinium.
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Xrucible
    Xrucible
    ✭✭✭

@shrb

No favoritism here.

Meh.. As a PVE magika dps I wouldn't use either of those sets. I don't see anything out dpsing TBS or Mother's Sorrow. In PVP I see plenty of use for these sets where wearing heavy and having more HP would be beneficial.
    On a long break from ESO.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"Fix what"?
    Fix the sets OBVIOUSLY

You make a dps set

@shrb

I won't disagree with you here in the sense that a tanky build that can also do moderate DPS is viable. I run an "Off Tank" build that I use for situations where I need to do some DPS and be able to hold a taunt when the situation requires it. I have also been using that build in Veteran Dungeons to get my undaunted leveled up and it is a lot of fun, but that is 1 build out of 12 in a raid that needs a 2nd tank. Also, I tried both a magicka Nightblade off tank and a stamina DK off tank, and I prefer the stamina DK now. Maybe when I try Rattlecage or Medusa on my Nightblade tank I'll change my mind.

I would prefer if all jewelry sets dropped in healthy and a relevant stat in an equal distribution, so I have a choice as to how much health I have. I don't mind 1 or 2 healthy pieces of jewelry (I usually lean more towards 18k health on DPS), but 3 Healthy pieces are too much for a set intended solely for DPS.

Playing since beta...
  • shrb
    shrb
    ✭✭
    Xrucible wrote: »

@shrb

No favoritism here.

Meh.. As a PVE magika dps I wouldn't use either of those sets. I don't see anything out dpsing TBS or Mother's Sorrow. In PVP I see plenty of use for these sets where wearing heavy and having more HP would be beneficial.

soulshine for magplars would be great for pve dps imo.
    And i already said that for pvp it's fine, but when more than half the magic sets are in heavy, then it hoses pve choices and it ends in everyone running the same armor, because only so few light armors are worth it for pve dps.

@shrb

as i said:

fringe case scenarios (high health, heavy, pve dps, lulwhat?) should be the ones having to jump through hoops, NOT the other way around (simple light wearing mag dps).

and for those that say 3 sets/zone so it's locked in place:

easy solution:
    swap the medium to heavy and the heavy to light. /sarcasm.

As i said the solution is SIMPLE:
    EACH set should have jewels for it's ROLE. But the developers are lazy and just went "light=arcane, med=robust, heavy= healthy. Suit yourselfs"
    Edited by shrb on September 30, 2016 4:36PM
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xrucible wrote: »

@shrb

No favoritism here.

soulshine for magplars would be great for pve dps imo.
    And i already said that for pvp it's fine, but when more than half the magic sets are in heavy, then it hoses pve choices and it ends in everyone running the same armor, because only so few light armors are worth it for pve dps.

@shrb

as i said:

fringe case scenarios (high health, heavy, pve dps, lulwhat?) should be the ones having to jump through hoops, NOT the other way around (simple light wearing mag dps).

and for those that say 3 sets/zone so it's locked in place:

easy solution:
    swap the medium to heavy and the heavy to light. /sarcasm.

As i said the solution is SIMPLE:
    EACH set should have jewels for it's ROLE. But the developers are lazy and just went "light=arcane, med=robust, heavy= healthy. Suit yourselfs"

I utterly disagree with: "EACH set should have jewels for it's ROLE" whereby you ONLY see ROLES as pure builds.

Pure builds are only for the specialist roles in a raid, especially a trial.
    This game is much, much bigger than that and caters many more roles, builds, situations. From off-Tank, off-Healer, and solo-duo raids, there are duellists, there is PVP.

I do however are of the opinion that we should get the full freedom of Arcane, Healthy, Robust on all Jewelry.
    The problem with that is that it takes more grinding to get the perfect set of Jewelry.
    And not everybody will favor that every kind is in the RNG.

That all would be solved if ZOS would allow us a limited Jewelry Crafting where we can change for example Healthy in Arcane etc.

Anyhow... I guess we can agree to disagree on this topic ;)
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Fix what"?
    Fix the sets OBVIOUSLY

You make a dps set

@shrb

I won't disagree with you here in the sense that a tanky build that can also do moderate DPS is viable. I run an "Off Tank" build that I use for situations where I need to do some DPS and be able to hold a taunt when the situation requires it. I have also been using that build in Veteran Dungeons to get my undaunted leveled up and it is a lot of fun, but that is 1 build out of 12 in a raid that needs a 2nd tank. Also, I tried both a magicka Nightblade off tank and a stamina DK off tank, and I prefer the stamina DK now. Maybe when I try Rattlecage or Medusa on my Nightblade tank I'll change my mind.

I would prefer if all jewelry sets dropped in healthy and a relevant stat in an equal distribution, so I have a choice as to how much health I have. I don't mind 1 or 2 healthy pieces of jewelry (I usually lean more towards 18k health on DPS), but 3 Healthy pieces are too much for a set intended solely for DPS.

"I would prefer if all jewelry sets dropped in healthy and a relevant stat in an equal distribution, so I have a choice as to how much health I have.."

Can find me in that.
    Gives at least some freedom.

I should add to that, that even with two kinds, ZOS never gets it done to cater all builds.
    As magicka NB Tank, a year ago, when Footman was still a good choice, those Robust enchants on the Footman Jewelry were almost a full waste.
    Tri-stat Food and Hakeijo delivered more than enough Stamina pool and Magicka was much more valuable.
    So Footman favored DK (Stamina) Tanks more than Magicka NB Tanks

Edited by hrothbern on September 30, 2016 5:15PM
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said, even if these sets were light with arcane jewelry they still wouldn't out parse current BiS setups. That's not to say that these sets are worthless, just that even if the change you want was implemented, the trial meta wouldn't change at all. So if the concern is with min/maxing for your intended role, these sets won't be on the radar regardless of the 3k magicka you'd be missing.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As others have said, even if these sets were light with arcane jewelry they still wouldn't out parse current BiS setups. That's not to say that these sets are worthless, just that even if the change you want was implemented, the trial meta wouldn't change at all. So if the concern is with min/maxing for your intended role, these sets won't be on the radar regardless of the 3k magicka you'd be missing.

I wouldn't look at these as a min-maxing set anyway. Rattlecage is more like a "set I can run when I don't want to spend gold on potions" set. Medusa is a little more interesting because there are not very many good ways to get "Minor Force" on a magicka build and I could see someone wanting to save the skill slot (and extra skill in rotation).
    Playing since beta...