Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

S&B, HA should not provide weapon/spell dmg bonus

WreckfulAbandon
WreckfulAbandon
✭✭✭✭✭
Title is self explanatory. You want ridiculous healing and block capability, you should not receive offensive bonuses along with it.
Edited by WreckfulAbandon on September 28, 2016 9:00PM
PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember at best if you're using SnB at most your weapon gives 4% damage (from sharpened)

I think because 2h and duel wield both get additional perks based on what kind of weapon you use (dagger, axe, etc) and additional weapon line boosts make the SnB line need the boosts to stay competitive.

In PvE tanks usually are expected to have dps, this line helps PvE far more than PvP,

But wait till 1T, we'll see a lot more SnB
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember at best if you're using SnB at most your weapon gives 4% damage (from sharpened)

I think because 2h and duel wield both get additional perks based on what kind of weapon you use (dagger, axe, etc) and additional weapon line boosts make the SnB line need the boosts to stay competitive.

In PvE tanks usually are expected to have dps, this line helps PvE far more than PvP,

But wait till 1T, we'll see a lot more SnB

For s&b I know it's usually only a marginal increase, but I still don't think it should be increased at all.

Heavy Armor is the elephant in the room. Lots of ppl complain about how HA is performing rn and I for one think that some of the complaints about being too tanky while retaining burst are valid.

PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the complaints are from salty nightblades
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    All the complaints are from salty nightblades

IT'S NOT FAIR!!!
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    S+B gets 36% block cost reduction for crying out loud. That's excluding the one skill that passively gives you more. I didn't even mention that you get an increase to shield resistance pretty much automatically while talenting for the Unchained passive.

I understand that bashes should do more damage but why should bashing someone with a shield cost less? You know how heavy a shield is? Bashing should be used tactically to interrupt channels not for more dps.

The extra damage on heavy and s+b should be removed in my opinion. Your offence comes from your durability and mitigation.

Let's be real though, next patch there is a couple new sets that give over 4k+ penetration for a 5 piece set. Then on-top of that there is a new monster set that gives you penetration for a 1 piece. GG heavy user's, your time has come!

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on September 28, 2016 10:29PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    Beforehand, heavy armor was worn by nearly nobody. The bonuses were bad, and all you would do is not die for a longer time, but you couldn't do anything much.

Now, many people are using it for PvP, however it is a happy balance, offering decent damage and good armor rating.

To compare to medium, you can easily get something like 4k wep damage and just gank people. Try doing that with heavy.

For sword and shield, it works, with a decent animation cancelling and expending and ultimate then switching to 2 h for an execute before they can heal up is a good single person burst. With the DB nerf it will happen a bit less.

Permablocking still requires insane resource management that can only be achieved by good players or high cp players.

Both setups are effective, it just so happens that heavy is a bit more efficient right now.
    Live for the pact... die for the pact.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Stam Sorc DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    S+B gets 36% block cost reduction for crying out loud. That's excluding the one skill that passively gives you more. I didn't even mention that you get an increase to shield resistance pretty much automatically while talenting for the Unchained passive.

I understand that bashes should do more damage but why should bashing someone with a shield cost less? You know how heavy a shield is? Bashing should be used tactically to interrupt channels not for more dps.

The extra damage on heavy and s+b should be removed in my opinion. Your offence comes from your durability and mitigation.

Let's be real though, next patch there is a couple new sets that give over 4k+ penetration for a 5 piece set. Then on-top of that there is a new monster set that gives you penetration for a 1 piece. GG heavy user's, your time has come!

My thoughts exactly. Hard counter to HA will be stacking pen. I can smell the rubedite melting now...
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the counter to heavy armour is pene. My biggest weakness these past couple days has been stamblades because SA is so strong and provides that armour pene. In terms of perma block, its extremely hard to achieve that while dishing out good dmg. Most HA users these days need to stay offensive to get resources so most dont perma block.

if you do meet a perma blocker just remember that every attack you do is 800-1k stamina they lose
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnrotten wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. Hard counter to HA will be stacking pen. I can smell the rubedite melting now...

Except thats the counter now. ..
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    the counter to heavy armour is pene. My biggest weakness these past couple days has been stamblades because SA is so strong and provides that armour pene. In terms of perma block, its extremely hard to achieve that while dishing out good dmg. Most HA users these days need to stay offensive to get resources so most dont perma block.

if you do meet a perma blocker just remember that every attack you do is 800-1k stamina they lose

Yet they never seem to run out of stamina...

Pen doesn't work on shields. Most heavy armor users wear a shield. Those that don't, have a class shield, unless your a nb.

Penetration is overrated. Pen won't help you against shield stackers, instant healers, hurricane instant gib stam sorcs, or dodge rolling shuffle stackers. O wait, that's 98% of the players in cyrodil...
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    DKsUnite wrote: »

Yet they never seem to run out of stamina...

Pen doesn't work on shields. Most heavy armor users wear a shield. Those that don't, have a class shield, unless your a nb.

Penetration is overrated. Pen won't help you against shield stackers, instant healers, hurricane instant gib stam sorcs, or dodge rolling shuffle stackers. O wait, that's 98% of the players in cyrodil...

Then the 2% left is your Achilles heel, you can't be good against everything. Heavy armor and snb are fine the way it is.