The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Opinion: Things that the next DLC should cover

potirondb16_ESO
potirondb16_ESO
✭✭✭
I'm a huge fan of MMO, and as I've come to notice, the MMO cannot come up with new expansion as big as the one the Old MMO use to have and for many reason. Instead of cashing in on those reason. Here's a list of developpement I want to see cover Inside the next DLC as those are IMHO a way to keep me playing.

1. New Quick and Competitive content

I would love to see instance pvp 3x3, 6x6 maps in which you can enter and do quick challenge against other player. I'm not a huge pvp'ers but I do like the competitve side and I think that theese arena start to be needed for those who don't have enough challenge in PVE. I would also like a Death Challenge for PVE, the concept is that you enter a 6 round arena where you fight different boss fight, not always the same it would be nice if they could vary, and when you survive a certain amount of round you receive a special reward.

2. Class oriented Glyph

I would love to see a new type of reward coming up Inside the game which would be special glyph which increase some class ability. I would see them drop green from Overland/normal dungeon, blue from veteran dungeon and normal trial, purple from veteran trial and gold from veteran trial hardmode.

All those Glyph would be bound to a specific Zone/Dungeon/Trial and there would be 4 of them. I would love to see those drop random from last boss, but also being a quest reward from an NPC. For example if you complete all the old trial in veteran you receive a bag in which all the version of your characther class glyph are hold (in purple) and the player can pick the one he wants as a reward for completing them all. One would also drop from completing Veteran MoL.

Some could also drop from the Weekly Cyrodill reward (33% from Weekly campaign, 100% from Monthly Campaign)

3. Create a PVE progession

I want to see a new enemy coming Inside the game, it's been too long since we had anyone to fight. It use to be Constellation and Daedra but now it does feel like every new DLC bring no enemy. I want one !

3.Class Progression/New active skill line

I would love to see a new morph for the Fighter Guild, Mage Guild and Undaunted. I would love it if Sub-Class could make their apparition Inside the game and replace some of the old guild we have.

• Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Idea of Class Oriented Glyphs.

Another Option is to introduce Weapons, similar to Master/maelstrom, which boost specific Class Abilities, instead of Weapon Abilities.
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they'll immediately add all those things into the game tomorrow just for you...

Just as soon as you buy 10 million gambling boxes.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know whether the Q1 Player Housing patch will or will not have a DLC? It could be at least 6-8 months before we see a new DLC w/content...
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah.

None of these involve 'micro-transaction strategy.' ...unless...you can unlock each of those for the low-low-low-price of 2000 Crown Gems! But wait there's more, if you act today you can unlock all 4 for the low-introductory cost of an ESO++++ subcription, $30 bi/weekly.

(Pending credit check and two-year contract, of course.)
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Balance is what this game needs the most atm...
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fix the lag in Cyro!!
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A new 12 man trial in Clockwork City. Or Murkmire. Or anything, just as long as there is a new 12 man trial.

A duo arena could be very very interesting too. Think vMA but for 2. With more different weapons in the end.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A new 12 man trial in Clockwork City. Or Murkmire. Or anything, just as long as there is a new 12 man trial.

A duo arena could be very very interesting too. Think vMA but for 2. With more different weapons in the end.

But also pls a bigger zone, at least something between Orsinium and Hew`s bane - not so small next time pls!!!
    Edited by altemriel on September 27, 2016 12:04PM
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats the exact reason I hate MSA.

You are forced to play trough this alone. I dont like that, I'd prefer to do it with a friend, too.
  • Kaghei
    Kaghei
    ✭✭✭
    patch 1.5?
    Alacrity
    World's Fastest AA
    World's First claimer of Bleakers
    First Grand Overlord Slayer
  • m0riarty23
    m0riarty23
    ✭✭
    I had posted this a year ago in the armchair developer section (which got removed):

The Infinite Dungeon

This is an idea of having an infinite and random(ish) dungeon that increases in difficulty as played.

1) The dungeon has multiple, infinite levels.

2) Each level is randomly generated with a number of “tile” pieces. The pieces come from a set of corridors, rooms, natural areas that are skinned with a different looks.

3) Each level has a small goal to unlock the entrance to the next level (ie. defeat a certain boss, find the key, collect 3 artifacts, flip a switch, etc)

4) As the players descend to each level, the random building sets will be skinned differently. For example the first 5 levels might be set above ground in a jungle, the second 5 levels might look like active Dwemer structures, the next 5 levels might look like wrecked mines, the next 5 levels might look like natural caves, then molten caves, etc etc. The deeper you go the more ominous and frightening the level looks.

5)Each level, the enemies get more difficult and the loot gets better.

6)Maybe a trophy given out for each 5 levels proving how far down the player has gotten.
    New corridor, room sets could be added in future updates to keep the infinite dungeon fresh.

• Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its embarrassing that you didn't mention balance
  • m0riarty23
    m0riarty23
    ✭✭
    Tiring hearing that over and over in every thread.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    its embarrassing that you didn't mention balance

Balance is IMHO not that much of a deal, I mean Templar are too powerfull in pvp...

Reduce Radiant Oppression to 12 Meters and you got them fix.

Magicka Sorcerer don't make the cut when comes time to DPS, Fix Crystal Frag so it can proc on itself and you got it fix.

Stamina DK make too much dps, lower maestrom weapon which they will and you got it fix,

Stamina Nightblade can one-shot you, don't allow multiple proc system on a single characther for example Viper cannot proc if Widowmaker makes it and Velidreth can't proc if one of the above does, and it's fix... almost (still too much relevant to nb playstyle)

Any class cannot reach DK level when it comes to tanking, ain't true but DK are way more interesting in term of diversification and regeneration... Ok (can live with that)

Well you got my point, it's mostly minor adjustment that will create more balance Inside the game, not so much Something whorty of a DLC, simple adjustment would make the cut.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    LrdRahvin wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll immediately add all those things into the game tomorrow just for you...

Just as soon as you buy 10 million gambling boxes.

Do hope so !
  • Thal
    Thal
    ✭✭✭
    Viable 1,2,3 piece sets that aren't only tied to jewelry. I've never played a game so tethered to 5 piece sets. Just a touch of variety could go a long way for build diversity.

(Almost) Complete rework of DSA weapons (except resto and bow). With the trial gear being reworked, it's time to rework these, especially the destro.

Make crafting great again. Let us re-style bound gear. A way to upgrade to gold jewelry would be neat.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Birdovic wrote: »

Thats the exact reason I hate MSA.

You are forced to play trough this alone. I dont like that, I'd prefer to do it with a friend, too.

Four is close enough to two that I don't think they should EVER introduce duo content. Two man vet dungeons for a challenge.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Another Option is to introduce Weapons, similar to Master/maelstrom, which boost specific Class Abilities, instead of Weapon Abilities.

Tought about that one, but it would not support any progression model which is why I don't think it would work. You would need a lot of weapon to fit a lot of playstyle for the different class which would in the long run won't work with your progression model.

You could make weapon enchant though that would boost your main class damage skill as the master weapon would
    Edited by potirondb16_ESO on September 30, 2016 1:43AM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

this is a feature from WoW just fyi.

what we need is spellcrafting
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I ask is for a Stability Update.

For me, I'd happily trade one DLC cycle (3 months?) to have one big, definitive update to fix lags, disconnects, desyncs, "Jump Failed: Instance Full" and general straigh up crashes (Xbox One).

There are a lot of things I'd like to see content-wise, but if I can't play the game for more than 30-40 minutes without it crashing, it is worthless.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    hugocbp wrote: »
    The only thing I ask is for a Stability Update.

For me, I'd happily trade one DLC cycle (3 months?) to have one big, definitive update to fix lags, disconnects, desyncs, "Jump Failed: Instance Full" and general straigh up crashes (Xbox One).

There are a lot of things I'd like to see content-wise, but if I can't play the game for more than 30-40 minutes without it crashing, it is worthless.

Yup, I've notice that people on Xbox have a lot of stability issue, some people switched to EU server in order to make it stop even if they are in NA (don't know if it's Worth a shot...)
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Things I'd like to see ...
    • Balance Battle Spirit out of the game, namely Shields and heals.
    • Re-work Healing so it doesn't scale off of damage. (regen)
    • Re-work Shields so they don't scale off magicka. (health + mag regen)
    • Require a button press to proc set like you have to proc CF and Grim Focus.
    • Remove poisons, or at least reduce their effects, and the amount of poisons.
    • Add a "Token System" for players to turn in BoP gear for tokens to soften the RNG abuse.
    • Remove useless traits from dungeon/Trial/PvP loot pools.
    • PVP arenas where the objective is combat, not flipping flags or returning scrolls/flags. Quick cycle. Deathmatch style.
    • Breath of Life: Replace it with an actual self heal. Make it a party only heal under the Undaunted or Resto line.
    • Class Identity: Stamina builds lack class identity. Templar is not the healing class. Vigor for all. Classes with magicka abilities that don't scale (reflect, mass hyst, clock) retain their class identity and then get to use the plethora of stamina options to stack with them. Then their's magicka builds ...
    • Soft caps ... It would be nice to be able to dodge roll or block as a magicka build, or not get insta-killed by HUGE burst dps. It would also allow stam builds to utilize more class skills, rather then the same skills on all stam builds.
    • Rework CP so builds are unique. It to obvious where to spend CP. The only difference is how much CP you spend in the obvious places.
    • Stop giving Attributes for CP.
    • Remove player gaps in PVP. Scale players to CP cap rather then 160. Scale all gear to yellow or to green quality.
    • Allow players to toggle their Triats to all Impen in PVP.

• potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Essiaga wrote: »
    Things I'd like to see ...
    • Balance Battle Spirit out of the game, namely Shields and heals.
    • Re-work Healing so it doesn't scale off of damage. (regen)
    • Re-work Shields so they don't scale off magicka. (health + mag regen)
    • Require a button press to proc set like you have to proc CF and Grim Focus.
    • Remove poisons, or at least reduce their effects, and the amount of poisons.
    • Add a "Token System" for players to turn in BoP gear for tokens to soften the RNG abuse.
    • Remove useless traits from dungeon/Trial/PvP loot pools.
    • PVP arenas where the objective is combat, not flipping flags or returning scrolls/flags. Quick cycle. Deathmatch style.
    • Breath of Life: Replace it with an actual self heal. Make it a party only heal under the Undaunted or Resto line.
    • Class Identity: Stamina builds lack class identity. Templar is not the healing class. Vigor for all. Classes with magicka abilities that don't scale (reflect, mass hyst, clock) retain their class identity and then get to use the plethora of stamina options to stack with them. Then their's magicka builds ...
    • Soft caps ... It would be nice to be able to dodge roll or block as a magicka build, or not get insta-killed by HUGE burst dps. It would also allow stam builds to utilize more class skills, rather then the same skills on all stam builds.
    • Rework CP so builds are unique. It to obvious where to spend CP. The only difference is how much CP you spend in the obvious places.
    • Stop giving Attributes for CP.
    • Remove player gaps in PVP. Scale players to CP cap rather then 160. Scale all gear to yellow or to green quality.
    • Allow players to toggle their Triats to all Impen in PVP.

I don't agree with all your opinion but some I really like !

[*] Allow players to toggle their Triats to all Impen in PVP. !! `

That is a wonderfull idea, don't kill Impen but allow a functionnality to enable all Impen traits when entering cyrodill as a default traits for gear ! It would reduce DPS race, help new player (because yes we notice if you don't wear Impen), and also helps people who pvp and other who don't to mix and match gear way more efficiently.

[*] Rework CP so builds are unique. It to obvious where to spend CP. The only difference is how much CP you spend in the obvious places.
    [*] Stop giving Attributes for CP.

Those are a given IMO, Soon we will have reach some of the CP caps (actually next DLC a player will max both Regen and Cost reduction CP... which means PvE Wise ... green tree is now going to get more loot from chest :). I do think that it should be re-engenier the way AA in EQ worked, Something which is, helping player to gain more raw stats as well as Something which help with class ability. And maybe don't put soo much effort to split inbetween offense and defense but rather oblige a split between base and class so that class identity could reappear because it's indeed true that Class ability are not defining stamina class atm and it's one of the complain I've with the actual weapon system and skill construction in general.

[*] Balance Battle Spirit out of the game, namely Shields and heals.
    [*] Re-work Healing so it doesn't scale off of damage. (regen)
    [*] Re-work Shields so they don't scale off magicka. (health + mag regen)

Can't help but disagree scaling Healing out of Regen or Shield or stuff like that because it would reduce Magicka user burst or self defense option. But I do think that with Soft Cap there could be a better way to deal with those.

[*] Require a button press to proc set like you have to proc CF and Grim Focus.
    [*] Remove poisons, or at least reduce their effects, and the amount of poisons.

Once again I see it differently, personnally I would see a one proc at the time scenario, not a capacity of 4 proc in one blow. And I would also reduce to one poison per player at the time so noone could be affected by 4 poison at the time. Also would look out for CC break issue... did notice some player could cc/break Under the time it takes me to cast an other skill... does seems ODD !

[*] PVP arenas where the objective is combat, not flipping flags or returning scrolls/flags. Quick cycle. Deathmatch style.

That one I really like ! :)

[*] Remove player gaps in PVP. Scale players to CP cap rather then 160. Scale all gear to yellow or to green quality.

Thise one... not so much, Scale all gear to Purple but keep Yellow untouch would be my opinion. You cannot reduce someone who's paying huge money to turn his stuff gold to the same level capability of someone who's turning all his stuff green. And I actually think it should be always like this...

1-45 all gear level quality scale to purple
    45-cp160 all gear level quality scale to blue

Anything higher then the scale is consider as it is.
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    m0riarty23 wrote: »
    I had posted this a year ago in the armchair developer section (which got removed):

The Infinite Dungeon

This is an idea of having an infinite and random(ish) dungeon that increases in difficulty as played.

1) The dungeon has multiple, infinite levels.

2) Each level is randomly generated with a number of “tile” pieces. The pieces come from a set of corridors, rooms, natural areas that are skinned with a different looks.

3) Each level has a small goal to unlock the entrance to the next level (ie. defeat a certain boss, find the key, collect 3 artifacts, flip a switch, etc)

4) As the players descend to each level, the random building sets will be skinned differently. For example the first 5 levels might be set above ground in a jungle, the second 5 levels might look like active Dwemer structures, the next 5 levels might look like wrecked mines, the next 5 levels might look like natural caves, then molten caves, etc etc. The deeper you go the more ominous and frightening the level looks.

5)Each level, the enemies get more difficult and the loot gets better.

6)Maybe a trophy given out for each 5 levels proving how far down the player has gotten.
    New corridor, room sets could be added in future updates to keep the infinite dungeon fresh.

This would be amazing I really hope they do something this cool one day
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff crafted sets or give new ones that are really good
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be boring and say that I want more landmass to explore. This is the second update we've had now with no new map section added. :cry:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

@dsalter

It is? But seriously, who cares if its a Feature from WoW :smiley:
    MMOS happen to have some similarities.

For Spellcrafting, im still unsure if we ever should get that.
    I mean, the idea is definetly awesome, but only if its executed well, with keeping GAME BALANCE in check.
    Since we know of ZOS Record, when it comes to maintain game balance, its a feature im really afraid of, therefore my concerns.
    You could make weapon enchant though that would boost your main class damage skill as the master weapon would

@potirondb16_ESO

Thats a cool Idea, but again, it needs lots of Balance. Imagine you could boost Jesus Beam even further, for instance.
    Edited by Birdovic on October 19, 2016 9:53AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

@dsalter

It is? But seriously, who cares if its a Feature from WoW :smiley:
    MMOS happen to have some similarities.

For Spellcrafting, im still unsure if we ever should get that.
    I mean, the idea is definetly awesome, but only if its executed well, with keeping GAME BALANCE in check.
    Since we know of ZOS Record, when it comes to maintain game balance, its a feature im really afraid of, therefore my concerns.

@potirondb16_ESO

Thats a cool Idea, but again, it needs lots of Balance. Imagine you could boost Jesus Beam even further, for instance.

well adding spellcrafting would mess up the balance pretty much, maybe not for worse, but definitelly would change a lot. In my opinion first aoe caps have to go, then fix lag, then we can get spellcrafting. before that it would make the lag even worse
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @altemriel

And yea, AoE Caps need to go and Softcaps reintroduced in a fitting manner. But those are things, ZOS is too stubborn to bring back, it would mean they admit they were at fault, which is nothing thats gonna happen.

For the lag you mentioned, I felt way less lag back then, and there was even someone who did tons of calculations to prove ZOS, that removing AoE Caps would help the games performance - nothing.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @altemriel

And yea, AoE Caps need to go and Softcaps reintroduced in a fitting manner. But those are things, ZOS is too stubborn to bring back, it would mean they admit they were at fault, which is nothing thats gonna happen.

For the lag you mentioned, I felt way less lag back then, and there was even someone who did tons of calculations to prove ZOS, that removing AoE Caps would help the games performance - nothing.

that is an interesting information, I did not see that post about that. the last post that I saw was debate which would bring more lag: aoe caps in place - server needs to calculate the percentages of hits to only some players and exclude those above the cap OR aoe caps taken away - server needs to calculate the damage to all players in the aoe field of effect - people were uncertain there - because "we do not see into the code"

are you maybe able to find that post with the more info about the calculations?
    Edited by altemriel on October 19, 2016 10:58AM