The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like to see crafted potions/poisons be a different quality level to non-crafted potions?

Evil_Rurouni
Evil_Rurouni
✭✭✭
At the moment non-crafted food is white/normal, while crafted food is green/fine for 1 stat, blue/superior for 2 stat, purple/epic for 3 stat, and gold/legendary for the special stuff.
This is good because it lets us tell what's what at a glance, and it makes it much easier to find/buy/sell in guild banks and traders.

I'd like to see a similar system put in place for potions and poisons.

Loot drop and vendor potions and poisons would be white/normal.
Crafted potions and poisons with 1 effect would be green/fine.
Crafted potions and poisons with 2 effects would be blue/superior.
Crafted potions and poisons with 3 effects would be purple/epic.

Crafting writs would only accept green potions.

Does this or something like this sound like a good idea?
Edited by Evil_Rurouni on September 25, 2016 2:38PM

Would you like to see crafted potions/poisons be a different quality level to non-crafted potions? 11 votes

Leave potions and poisons as they are
0%
Make crafted potions/poisons and non-crafted potions/poisons different coloured text/quality level
100%
AlmarielIruil_ESOAzraelKriegUrQuanMissBizzBenevolentBowdApheriusEvil_RurouniTevalaurSTEVILsusmitds 11 votes
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone actually did this in an add on. Here it is: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1232-CraftedPotions.html
    Edited by Bryanonymous on September 25, 2016 3:38PM
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    Make crafted potions/poisons and non-crafted potions/poisons different coloured text/quality level
    Someone actually did this in an add on. (Sorry, typing from phone so no link)

Hmm, I didn't know about that.
    Good for the PC players to know it's available, and that there's at least a few others out there who want something like this.
    It's not much good to me or the others playing on console of course. :/

I still think it should be a baseline feature.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I clicked on this thread expecting it to be asking for crafted potions and poisons to be more effective than they already are... And it's not about that at all.

Yup, this is a sensible suggestion IMO.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone actually did this in an add on. Here it is: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1232-CraftedPotions.html

You are amazing. Thank you.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord