The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Poll: Should the Negate (Sorc Ult) Visual be in an Alliance-themed color for PvP?

Taleof2Cities
Taleof2Cities
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Credit for this idea goes to one of our raid leaders (not sure if it has been mentioned in the forums before).

The basic issue is that it is difficult to visually see in combat whether a Negate is friendly or enemy (in times where multiple Negates are firing).

In-game, the current visual cue is a purplish-black field around the Negate area. However, in large AvA fights, it can be difficult to determine whether a Negate is friendly or enemy ... without a further check of one's own skillbar or add-ons (such as FTC which will indicate "Silenced" within the enemy Negate). This is especially a problem when raid leaders are trying to "outduel" each other by casting another Negate over the top of a previous enemy Negate.

Solution: If there was a soft yellow, blue, or red highlight (designating the Alliance owner of the just-fired ultimate) ... that would be a better visual cue for players. It would allow for better reaction time in an enemy Negate, in my humble opinion. In addition, it would eliminate any unnecessary reaction if the Negate was friendly.

TL;DR - Should the Negate ultimate have a soft highlight (blue, yellow, red) to distinguish whether it's friendly or enemy in PvP?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 23, 2016 7:42PM

Poll: Should the Negate (Sorc Ult) Visual be in an Alliance-themed color for PvP? 45 votes

Yes
80%
IllumousSilvistkaithuzarlolo_01b16_ESOMorvulIruil_ESOBam_BamleeuxilmarGanjJamieAubreyToRelaxEdziuTaleof2CitiesEirellaneowonDerramcurleySturgeHammerajwest927 36 votes
No
11%
RykmaarCelas_DranaceaStrider_RoshinClockworkArckuro-dono 5 votes
Other (explain) ...
8%
DredlordSkinzzAnkael07Seratopia 4 votes
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Wasn't there a poll or thread on this just the other day? But yes, I agree, there should be an easier way to distinguish friendly negate from foe.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well if you are standing in mine you will be taking damage every second :p
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If they fix them not showing at all in big battles with it then yes, deffinately. Banner has it so i don't see why negate can't.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (explain) ...
    A simple red telegraph should be enough. No reason to turn battlefields into rainbow festival.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain) ...
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    A simple red telegraph should be enough. No reason to turn battlefields into rainbow festival.

And this...
  • Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, no it shouldn't.

It already has an orange circle around its ground border.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Good idea. But only if they can do it without messing it up in PvE. It was annoying enough to learn that AD banners suddenly are friendly and I don't have to dodge out of them.