The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

As of which writ reward can one get yellow mats? I, II, III, IV, V, etc.

Geralt_of_Aalst
Does anyone know as of which roman numeral of the writ rewards (e.g. clothier satchel I, clothier satchel II, clothier satchel III, clothier satchel IV, etc.) one can get yellow mats (e.g. draugh wax)? I've been trying to get the answer to this question by googling for a few hours but this information seems to be well-hidden.

My main char is max level in all the crafts and I get yellows from time to time, of course. But for a few weeks now, I have been doing writs on my low level alts, too. They only get the level I rewards and they never get any yellows. So there must be a minimum level of reward to have a chance for yellows. Or does the chance go up with each level of writ reward? E.g. clothier satchel I 0% chance, clothier satchel II 5% chance, clothier satchel III 10% chance, etc.? Does anyone have the facts on this?
I may contradict myself but at least I don't contradict myself
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotten a temper alloy once from a level 1 hireling, so I'd imagine it's the same for writs.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe your chance of getting a yellow item is better on higher tier writs.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think they kick off at a certain level, I think you can get them at any level.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Geralt_of_Aalst
    I appreciate your opinions but I'm still looking for the facts. I mean: no offence but you guys gave me one "I'd imagine...", one "I believe" and one "I think..." :wink: I still haven't found any yellow mat in the Clothier's Satchel I or the Blacksmith's Coffer I, after getting two of each every day for a couple of weeks now. So it looks indeed like there is at least a diminished chance to get a yellow mat out of those lowbie writ rewards - if there even is a chance.

So I would still welcome any and all facts about this topic. There is a huge amount of knowledge about ESO out there but this bit seems to be information that's unknown.
    Edited by Geralt_of_Aalst on September 23, 2016 7:18PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly do not remember getting any Gold Tempers from my L1 Equipment Mules doing Writs, but I have not done them in a while. I do know I get them from those same Mule's Hirelings. Back when I was running an Alt through the various levels of Equipment Writs (1 to 4 in this case) I don't remember getting any Gold Tempers on those, but this was back when Writs were not a reliable source of Gold Tempers to begin with. What you get from the Writ rewards has fluctuated and changed over time, and will probably do so some more in the future.

Problem is, most people who do L1 Writs don't care about Gold Tempers and hence don't pay all that much attention to the output. They soon move on to higher level writs in the most part. I have some Mules that I can do the writs on, but as they are chasing recipes right now, not all that interested in having them do L1 Equipment Writs as I don't want to be logging all over the map on them.

And, based on the Ambrosia Fragment drop rate on lower level provisioning writs, Gold Tempers are going to be few and far between on low level equipment writs.

Also, Writs are going to be changing somewhat come 1T in less than 2 weeks, so anything discovered/known now may end up being academic.

My advice is, don't do the low level writs for Gold Tempers, instead, level the mules to L32 in the Crafts through decon, no need to invest any points into anything but Hirelings, but do get your L3 Hirelings and that is how you can get a reliable, well, somewhat reliable source of Gold Tempers on a low level crafter.
    Edited by Nestor on September 23, 2016 7:30PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one knows the 100% accurate statistics as it's all based on personal experience, however,

In my time in the game I've had yellows in every level of writ I've done. Yesterday I got a yellow in both the cloth and wood on the same delivery!
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I honestly do not remember getting any Gold Tempers from my L1 Equipment Mules doing Writs, but I have not done them in a while. I do know I get them from those same Mule's Hirelings. Back when I was running an Alt through the various levels of Equipment Writs (1 to 4 in this case) I don't remember getting any Gold Tempers on those, but this was back when Writs were not a reliable source of Gold Tempers to begin with. What you get from the Writ rewards has fluctuated and changed over time, and will probably do so some more in the future.

Problem is, most people who do L1 Writs don't care about Gold Tempers and hence don't pay all that much attention to the output. They soon move on to higher level writs in the most part. I have some Mules that I can do the writs on, but as they are chasing recipes right now, not all that interested in having them do L1 Equipment Writs as I don't want to be logging all over the map on them.

And, based on the Ambrosia Fragment drop rate on lower level provisioning writs, Gold Tempers are going to be few and far between on low level equipment writs.

Also, Writs are going to be changing somewhat come 1T in less than 2 weeks, so anything discovered/known now may end up being academic.

My advice is, don't do the low level writs for Gold Tempers, instead, level the mules to L32 in the Crafts through decon, no need to invest any points into anything but Hirelings, but do get your L3 Hirelings and that is how you can get a reliable, well, somewhat reliable source of Gold Tempers on a low level crafter.

Agree, my lvl 3 enchant hireling brought me a kuta yesterday. So I had 3 yellows all in same day. I'm now putting lottery on tonight
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate your opinions but I'm still looking for the facts. I mean: no offence but you guys gave me one "I'd imagine...", one "I believe" and one "I think..." :wink: I still haven't found any yellow mat in the Clothier's Satchel I or the Blacksmith's Coffer I, after getting two of each every day for a couple of weeks now. So it looks indeed like there is at least a diminished chance to get a yellow mat out of those lowbie writ rewards - if there even is a chance.

So I would still welcome any and all facts about this topic. There is a huge amount of knowledge about ESO out there but this bit seems to be information that's unknown.

Tey Google for facts next time them if someone's attempt to help you here isn't good enough.
  • Geralt_of_Aalst
    I've been trying to get the answer to this question by googling for a few hours but this information seems to be well-hidden.
    I appreciate your opinions
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Tey Google for facts next time them if someone's attempt to help you here isn't good enough.

*clap clap clap*

To everyone else: again thanks for your opinions. I think you're right and I'd better off putting my money on the hirelings. And I didn't know there are changes to the writs coming with the next update, although I read the PTS update notes. I may have missed it as it was a lot of information to sift through.