The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can someone explain this to me.

Sarcanith
Sarcanith
The Heroic Poet hair style is usable on 8 different races costs 500 crowns cant be used on Argonian or khajiit. alright cool that seems like a good price. HOWEVER. Short-Spiked Crest Argonian only, Long Elvin Braid khajhiit only both are also 500 crowns. Am I the only one who sees a problem here? Shouldn't those two be like... idk 200 crowns each or something? Or at least the both of them bundled for 500?
Edited by Sarcanith on September 22, 2016 8:55AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like hairstyles will all be the same price regardless to keep some uniformity.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect there's two separate thought processes going on.

1) The people who design the hair styles choose races based on what makes sense for the style.

2) The people who market them price them based on the assumption that players are buying the style because it suits a specific character, not to use on every character who can wear it. So a hairstyle that can only be worn by one race has the same value as one that can be worn by all of them because in either case it would only be used by 1 character per account.

Of course that's not entirely accurate, I know some people who use the same hair style on every single character they create (but then I know other people who use the same race, appearance and costume on every character they create, and give them virtually identical names). But I could see them thinking that way.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"