The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So is the chef outfit ever coming back?

WalksonGraves
WalksonGraves
✭✭✭✭✭
I wanted to make a cannibal chef before the game launched and the chef outfit was removed like 2 weeks before console launch. Does zenimax not like making money selling content they already have created? I want to rp >_<
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the Crown Crates are going to have a chance to drop a previously sold Crown Store item, like the chef outfit.

If you get one of the costumes/mounts/pets that you already own, they can be traded in for Crown Gems, which can then buy a specific item you are after....to my knowledge. I don't have PTS access, so I cannot test that.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting I'll look into it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the Crown Crates are going to have a chance to drop a previously sold Crown Store item, like the chef outfit.

Former Crown Store items that are random prizes in Crown Crates does not really qualify as "coming back", at least as far as I am concerned. In order for them to "come back" they need to be available for direct purchase. Otherwise, they are just a "gumball machine" prize. You get them by accident when buying your Crown Crate Food/Drink stuff.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 chance in 1000 or even 1 chance in 100 is not that good of odds for this, especially when you add other the other items into the loot pool. If you are unlucky like me with the RNG, it will cost 40,000 crowns for a 1 in 100 chance .....

• Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never said it was a good way to get a certain costume, I'm just saying it's happening.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be back periodically for a limited time. Then it will disappear forever, until it comes back again.