The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1200 crowns for a personality, really?

josefcifkaeb17_ESO
josefcifkaeb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
What's next, a pet fly? One black pixel flying around for 3k crowns?

Give me an update for 5k that will resolve lags, bugs, fps drops, and critical errors every time you update the cash shop...
(つ -‘ _ ‘- )つ ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol pet fly will turn up at some point now. Loads of people bought it so don't complain.

I outright refuse to buy any crap like this, I'll pay 4k for a blue senche, but I like the Dro M'artha, but I spend about 1% of my in game time standing still so these are worthless, plus the previous 2 were badly broken so they were never going to get any gold out of me.

[Edit to remove insulting content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on September 18, 2016 1:01AM
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Âs long as there a people who buy this stuff ZoS will never go down on prices.
    The recent things are getting more and more expensive it seems.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did buy the 3 other personalities but i think that was 700 crowns for 3. 1200 for one is to much.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also willing to pay for a good mount, or a great costume, god knows I already did a few times, but this is getting ridiculous. There's an addon called Iddle animation that's for free and let's you set up your own persinality, the only difference is that it's doesn't change the way you run etc.

This personality crap is just not worth more than 500...
    Edited by josefcifkaeb17_ESO on September 17, 2016 8:27AM

• TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an addon called Iddle animation that's for free and let's you set up your own persinality, the only difference is that it's doesn't change the way you run etc.

Shhhhh, be quiet.
    Depending on their mood, ZoS might as well decide to declare that addon no longer tolerated, because they want to make money by selling personalities.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen lots of people use it, so ZoS won't bother. Always amazes me what people will buy. Then there's those eye lashes too. Hilarious.

I'll be honest, there's a lot of people with more money in their banks than they know what to do with it and both the devs and publishers know this. If you or I had the smarts to make this fluff we'd be fleecing these people too.

ESO was my first and only MMO and before that, I was used to people complaining about the likes of Capcom, Ubi, EA etc releasing overpriced time savers, costume packs and the likes. Having played this game and see what people are willing to spend, it makes those types of dlc look like expansion packs in comparison. I get MMO's need to keep the servers going and need money to do so, but £25 for a single motif or £20 for a simple reskin imo takes things too far. But a lot of people seem happy with the practice, so who am i to judge? The more they buy this fluff, the more I benefit from it.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on September 17, 2016 8:34AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few things you might want to keep in mind when complaining about prices

- ESO is a B2P model. If they still had a P2P one, then things would most likely me cheaper, or even free in some cases.
    - The drunk personality is exceptional quality. You can tell more work went into it than the other mood pack
    - ZOS have kept the crown store free of P2W crap. As long as they keep doing this, they can charge whatever they want in my opinion.
    - If you don't like the price, then save your money. They aren't forcing you.
    Edited by Alucardo on September 17, 2016 8:35AM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

- ESO is a B2P model. If they still had a P2P one, then things would most likely me cheaper, or even free in some cases.
    - The drunk personality is exceptional quality. You can tell more work went into it than the other mood pack
    - ZOS have kept the crown store free of P2W crap. As long as they keep doing this, they can charge whatever they want in my opinion.

No they aren't forcing anyone, but as has been the case, those "not forcing anyone" items you are referring to tend to allow ZoS to turn up the notch each and every time. So what starts off as an optional purchase, then turns into a 5000cr purchase and a few month grinding slog for the rest of us. It begins to affect us all. What next? 10,000 mats required to make a single pair of boots? It's already going that way. I forgot, we will have the luxury to bypass those 10,000 mats and buy from the crown store. To say "they aren't forcing us" isn't exactly being truthful and stating reality. Everything we get now either gets hidden behind a god awful grind or a crown store purchase. I don't mind grinding, but there are some grinds that even begin to push the boundaries between what's acceptable and an out and out cash grab.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as for me like I saw prices for other things in crown store...1200 for this personality isnt bad lol, as we know zeni this could be 2k+ for this like this
  • josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Alucardo I bought the imperial edition of the game before it got released two years ago for 80 euro, I was subbed for the entire first year of the game when ESO was nothing but a paid beta test (sub was mandatory in order to play), I bought every DLC (except hists, not worth it) I'm still subbed.

What have I got in return? Overpriced crap in the cash shop that contributes nothing to the game, lags, bugs, fps drops, downtime, fatal errors when starting the game, no more female shaped armor/costume , boobs on my male chracters...

And over the last calendar year, all new content that was released are like 3 dungeons, two mini maps with 15 quests each.
    Champion system or the upcoming one tamriel are basically useless to a veteran player who completed cadwell's gold etc. a long time ago.

I think I have every right to complain about the prices when we get nothing in return for it.
    Edited by josefcifkaeb17_ESO on September 17, 2016 8:56AM

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they aren't forcing anyone, but as has been the case, those "not forcing anyone" items you are referring to tend to allow ZoS to turn up the notch each and every time. So what starts off as an optional purchase, then turns into a 5000cr purchase and a few month grinding slog for the rest of us. It begins to affect us all. What next? 10,000 mats required to make a single pair of boots? It's already going that way. I forgot, we will have the luxury to bypass those 10,000 mats and buy from the crown store. To say "they aren't forcing us" isn't exactly being truthful and stating reality. Everything we get now either gets hidden behind a god awful grind or a crown store purchase. I don't mind grinding, but there are some grinds that even begin to push the boundaries between what's acceptable and an out and out cash grab.

I kind of feel like you're making up extremely hypothetical situations to try and make your point. Sure, some of the items may come across excessive for some, but like I said, this is a buy to play game. Games with subscriptions generally have cheaper items/services, or allow you to purchase them for in-game currency.
    Also, the drunk personality does not give you an edge in ESO, helping you to get through tough dungeons or be competitive in PVP, so how are they forcing you to buy it?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajitt she does not keep many pets and Nibbles the tiger does not stable so well with the other mounts yes. This one is certainly not oveloaded with the coin and yes the price is a little high but overall khajitt is pleased with being drunk.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alucardo I bought the imperial edition of the game before it got released two years ago for 80 euro, I was subbed for the entire first year of the game when ESO was nothing but a paid beta test (sub was mandatory in order to play), I bought every DLC (except hists, not worth it) I'm still subbed.

What have I got in return? Overpriced crap in the cash shop that contributes nothing to the game, lags, bugs, fps drops, downtime, fatal errors when starting the game, no more female shaped armor/costume , boobs on my male chracters...

And over the last calendar year, all new content that was released are like 3 dungeons, two mini maps with 15 quests each.
    Champion system or the upcoming one tamriel are basically useless to a veteran player who completed cadwell's gold etc. a long time ago.

I think I have every right to complain about the prices when we get nothing in return for it.

Absolutely, every one has the right to complain about prices if they don't find them fair. I'm just saying I think they are fine and why I think they're fine. The one thing I do find a little overpriced would be the mount training. 1k for 10 levels is pretty crazy. Sure, you can do it in game, but for 1 point every 24 hours. That's the only thing I have a problem with personally, especially when a fast mount is very important in Cyrodiil. If it takes you too long to get to a keep, you could lose it. So riding speed actually makes a huge difference.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I kind of feel like you're making up extremely hypothetical situations to try and make your point. Sure, some of the items may come across excessive for some, but like I said, this is a buy to play game. Games with subscriptions generally have cheaper items/services, or allow you to purchase them for in-game currency.
    Also, the drunk personality does not give you an edge in ESO, helping you to get through tough dungeons or be competitive in PVP, so how are they forcing you to buy it?

Nothing hypothetical about it. The pattern is there already. Take the unique time limited mounts for example, they used to be cheaper, now they regularly sell for around 1000cr more. Every single motif that appears now is 5000cr and the in-game way of obtaining them have a very hefty grind behind them. Other than the Dwemer motif of course, but that grind is relatively easy. The prices are continuously rising and the grinds are get more monotonous. Aye, the personality trait is nothing more than a piece of fluff, that adds nothing more than to allow others to laugh at the person flaunting it who thinks we're all impressed that they spend 1200cr on something that's not really worth 200cr, but like i said, the bar is being continuously raised because people are always defending the absurd price increases.

I suppose i could look at it another way and argue that ZoS are under charging for this kind of fluff because if someone is willing to spend 1200cr on a personality, they'd be willing to pay 2000cr and so on.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought the imperial edition of the game before it got released two years ago for 80 euro, I was subbed for the entire first year of the game when ESO was nothing but a paid beta test (sub was mandatory in order to play), I bought every DLC (except hists, not worth it) I'm still subbed.

Same applies to me but I've become veeeery cautious concerning ZOS, after they introduced vr 14 so quickly after launch, I felt: "don't trust them!! something is wrong!! keep your eyes open!!" :blush:
    And I was right, in part, so I stopped buying anything after Wrothgar, after the elite-dungeons that had come. New content for the upper 10-20% of players is not what keeps me "buying" ESO..
    They would have got my money, if they kept staying on one level of difficulty, keeping the game on a very beginner- and casual-friendly level (more error forgiving), this apllies also to veteran content!

I also want a complete upgrade of drops for Cadwell's Silver and Gold, all drops should be cp 160+

The last factor, which keeps me away from putting money into ESO, and maybe the biggest reason not to trust them, was (fall 2014) the step-by-step empowering of stamina-builds, which started by very imbalanced steel tornado + bow-snipers and this "development" of the game has been going on: better itemization of stamina-specs, etc. etc. I'm very disappointed about the route Mr. Wroebel & Friends have undergone!

Oh, and I forgot the poor "Nurf" in PvP, instead of reworking the itemization in the game, they keep introducing viper set, etc.. which further favors all stealth sta-NB.. They're the least of all PvP-classes who need any sort of improvement, imba-items, etc. Also the "heavy attack from stealth"-damage HAS to be nurfed because it's completely... (no swear words from me)

Edited by Francescolg on September 17, 2016 9:27AM
  • josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Alucardo I think of items in the crown store as money spent on well-being of the game. And I think that's not a wrong way to think about it, otherwise paying more crowns for a mount or a costume than for a DLC would make very little sense.

Prices are crazy, yet people still buy (I still buy), but how is it reflected in the well-being of the game?
    I've never seen so much downtime in any mmo I've played (excluding post launch times).
    There are so many bugs in the game lately, that's it's getting comparable to the post launch state.
    There's very little new content.
    The overall stability of the game sucks.

This is not hating on the game, those are just facts.

ZOS repeatedly mentions they are doing well. So where is all the money going if not to improve the game?

• TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why bother buying it? just use that addon and replace the default emote with the drink emote.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the hype is already over in-game..
    people wont give you much attention and laughing anymore
    PC EU

• Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭

You are all missing the best thing in this post, Alucardo is back, you guys!!
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol pet fly will turn up at some point now. Loads of idiots bought it so don't complain

I love that because you don't like it, people who DO like it and buy it, are idiots..

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol pet fly will turn up at some point now. Loads of idiots bought it so don't complain

I love that because you don't like it, people who DO like it and buy it, are idiots..

I think that's the rules of the Internet. "Only my opinion is right and matters and everyone else is wrong!" :D

Also - welcome back, @Alucardo!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Also - welcome back, @Alucardo!

Thanks mate!
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do think it is pricey, I don't think the price is too absurd. 700-800 would have been better, but I don't find 1200 outrageous if the personality is well done and someone thinks that really fits their character. And I much prefer them to really cash in on cosmetics than on DLC. I really like that the prices of the DLCs are reasonable, especially considering all the BOP sets that are exclusive to them and that are very useful.

Also, I don't think it is fair to compare it to the pack of three that is sold by 500 Crowns. The personalities on the pack are exceedingly simple and don't even alter any emotes.

But I hope the personalities added are not all the same price, though. I would buy personalities for all of my 10 characters if ZOS put out some that fit them, but for 1200, some of them might have to be content with the Idle Animations addon. Here's hope that there will be price tiers, like with costumes, and the Drunk one is on the high end (like the 1k standalone costumes).
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like how you calling people idiots for buying expensive stuffs.

Every stuffs is expensive to spend on if you don't like it
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't this personality thing do the same thing as the idle animation addon does. But more specific. Of course I am usually wrong.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Doesn't this personality thing do the same thing as the idle animation addon does. But more specific. Of course I am usually wrong.

The Personalities give your character a difference stance, cycle through some animations when idle and change some emotes. The Idle Animation Addon, which is great and I really recommend to everyone, make your characters perform a set of emotes autonomously.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • AndyTGD
    AndyTGD
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, the price is absurd. But look at it this way, at least it still isn't as ridiculous as Black Desert. Personally, I don't really care right now. Can't say drunken personalities have been at the top of my wishlist from Uncle ZOS. As sales fall off (and they will), the rest of the currently expensive minutiae- the hair pieces, the animations etc. - will hopefully adjust to a more reasonable price. Even temporarily, like the Crown dyes currently are.

Now, if they decide to price gouge the new housing update - well, then I'll have a reason to start ranting. I actually care about that one.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Crown Store should not contribute substantial stuff to the game. I don't want them selling ore/cloth/wood materials to make armor amd weapons, or the armor and weapons outright. I dont want them selling stuff in the Crown Store that will make me a better player or make my character better than someone else's. This is the way that a lot of us want it to be.

I am perfectly fine with them selling nothing but costumes, pets, mounts, and things that make characters appear and act different than the other characters. As an aside, I am not in favor of "convenience" items as these can, and are, manipulated by ZOS to position them as a relief from in game self-punishment. The cost of the Glass motif and Crown XP is very low compared to the in-game grind, and I am sure that is intentional.

As for getting nothing in return, that is for the buyer to decide.

(I do think that 1200 Crowns to act drunk is too much for such a narrow personality. Too expensive for the value I place on it.)
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall I think I speak for most who would rather pay for chucks for quality DLC once or maybe twice a year that include a lot more. The crown store is fine tho, but the prices are not.
    Saying you don't have to buy only adds insult to the feedback because if the prices are lower, they can make the same or more profits from more buyers.

The other logic is Keep crown amounts the same but lower crowns costs but it's not really an issue with crown costs cause some things are very often priced wrong (way too high and inconsistent compared to other items) while other items and DLC are priced right.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on September 17, 2016 1:03PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    We have moved this discussion to: Crown Store & ESO Plus
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post