Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    I wonder if this is the eldest ongoing thread on the forums? Hope you're all well..sadly my interest in the game is rapidly dwindling.....dark conv. zergs aren't helping lol

howdy @wazzz56 ...good to see you still in the game...i still remember visiting your home/island years ago (when you couldn't just buy everything) and being absolutely amazed by all the achievements stuff you had collected...it was pretty cool...

no secret on the outcome for this campaign, EP walked away with it with ease on both servers...whoever has the most consistent pop numbers for that campaign wins...

i think this is like my 70th something 30 day campaign...i'm a bit salty this month on missing out on those champion caches...each could be worth several hundred thousand coins dependent on the jewels inside...

oh well, at least when all the EP players start selling their dark convergence jewelry from end of campaign awards it should drive the price of convergence jewelry down below 100k coin...

i have convergence now on 6 out of 17 toons...i'm not that moved by hrothgar, i do want to try and work plaguebreak in to a couple of builds...

depending on the cost of epic convergence jewels this weekend - i'm most likely gonna have a bunch more toons wearing that set...

it just makes such a big difference during sieges and flag battles...

most effective proc i've come across has been the psijic skill line's time freeze...couple convergence with bright throat and lay big bubbles of joy all over the battlefield...

spending time now in murkmire farming more bright throat jewelry...it's always tough when you farm for something specific...

the mages guild's volcanic rune is a nice proc too...

i'll tell you one thing - better watch out for what's going on if you're on top a wall using siege, easy these days to get sucked away to a really hostile environment below...i keep a health draught (contains immoveable) quick-slotted now just for that circumstance, so when i finally land i can hopefully make it back inside where there are less people trying to actively target me...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 1, 2021 7:24AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    How’s the population level since new world launched? My connection is down and I can’t check myself if there has been an impact

it can go pretty quickly from small-scale to no-scale during "off hours"...it's tough to get folks on during that time if one alliance is able to gate the other two consistently...

during "primetime" hours, not too bad, maybe like 60 plus or so per alliance...weekends a little more than that...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who isn't a roleplayer is losing interest

well, guess i'm lucky than - cyrodiil and imperial city are the only things i do roleplay at in eso :)
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In New World people are blood porting to get around because there are no mounts and it is large map. lol
    You need a pretty stout PC as well.
    At least DC won PS NA BlackReach, got my champion cache.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    picked up 2 convergence amulets, 4 rings on each of the servers...paid between 25k and 40k for each piece...i have pretty much all the weapons in my set collections...

next up i'm gonna start equipping some of my stam toons with convergence, i'm thinking snipe will pair well with folks stuck to that glowy purple ball...caltrops everywhere...

i don't know, i mean - i absolutely hate what convergence is doing to me out there, but, i tend to hate it a lot less when i have it equipped myself...as a random solo potato type - convergence is a huge aid/crutch...

was playing early today on EU with my necro mag - he's wearing earthgore, vicious death and convergence - using time freeze and boneyard and trying to pummel folks to death... it was kind of fun :p
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how funny is it that they nerfed hrothgar already...seriously, why...hopefully i'll get to keep using all this convergence junk i've spent so much on lately...

i'm getting broke again on both servers...i've used up most of my geodes (i had thousands on each account)...probably gonna need to level my psijic on some toons, time stop is one really expensive skill...

ran in to something cool recently, was googling how to farm bright throat (amulet is on sale this weekend at the golden's) and came across a forum's post suggesting to just farm treasure chests - the post was from @Takes-No-Prisoner from a couple of years ago...

howdy captain - you still out there :)
    Edited by geonsocal on October 3, 2021 6:54PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is the eldest ongoing thread on the forums? Hope you're all well..sadly my interest in the game is rapidly dwindling.....dark conv. zergs aren't helping lol

Wait, we are still playing on Scourge campaign, right? :D
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoa - glacial colossus' everywhere...

so, it would seem like those abilities, ultimates, procs that take a day and a half to fire off - pair very well with convergence and having folks stuck in one spot for a second or two...two decent players working together can cause some serios troubles...

hmmmm, may be time to give selene's another go in grey host...

game performance has been pretty frustrating and terrible today...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 3, 2021 7:00PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by wazzz56 on October 4, 2021 5:19PM
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dc player here. Love reading your posts. Really interesting to read about battles I was involved in from a different players perspective. This campaign has been an interesting one. Lots of unfortunate drama in DC lately, and I am afraid it's going to bleed over in to the next campaign. Gonna be hard for us to pull it together, but I am glad we are probably walking away with a victory this time around.

There were quite a few notable people that left DC, so the drama is not surprising

zone chat on the dc side is a toxic mess......like Jerry Springer on crack

this was my first contribution to this thread...bringing quality since Dec 2016.....

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dc player here. Love reading your posts. Really interesting to read about battles I was involved in from a different players perspective. This campaign has been an interesting one. Lots of unfortunate drama in DC lately, and I am afraid it's going to bleed over in to the next campaign. Gonna be hard for us to pull it together, but I am glad we are probably walking away with a victory this time around.

There were quite a few notable people that left DC, so the drama is not surprising

zone chat on the dc side is a toxic mess......like Jerry Springer on crack

this was my first contribution to this thread...bringing quality since Dec 2016.....

it's gotten a little better since faction lock...thing is - DC is mostly a bunch of independent contractors fighting for the alliance...best farmers in the game though usually...

i've actually started messing with folks more on NA now, EU is too cool for me to do anything but have fun with everyone there - NA though, it gets a little weirder there than in EU...

particularly when people start arguing back and forth, or saying stupid stuff, i'll drone on in zone chat about some weird mundane stuff - the "dryness" and randomness of the posts will generally throw some of them off for a while...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 4, 2021 11:50PM
  • allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭

I love you.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    allup8679 wrote: »

I love you.

I love you too <3

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rohamad_Ali ...wait, what - you're back?!?!?

whatever eso, who really cares...

just very happy to see your name, it's been some years now, but you made the forums a cool place for me to hang out at...I hope life is well for you :)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    @Rohamad_Ali ...wait, what - you're back?!?!?

whatever eso, who really cares...

just very happy to see your name, it's been some years now, but you made the forums a cool place for me to hang out at...I hope life is well for you :)

I've been hiding in the sewers waiting for the world to stop ending but this one missed you too my old friend ! Blessings an good health to you and yours! 😀
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, things sure are exciting in Cyrodiil. The past three days have been very interesting in zone chat (AD).

Three days ago - Whoa. There was hate speech in zone chat. For real hate speech. People were angry at other people. There was open hostility between people supposedly on the same team. I actually had to add some to my block list. Heck, I even typed in chat via the slow PS on-screen keyboard and people responded. There are always a few annoying loud mouths but I've not really felt the need to block people until this day. It was hateful and uncomfortable and I ended up leaving to do some questing.

Two days ago - A complete 180. Zone chat was pleasant. I know, I couldn't believe it either. People were nice. Call outs were on time, and real. People were encouraging and laughing and joking. There was some role playing joking. It was one of the best times I've had in Cryo in a while. It also helps that for whatever reason, I was absolutely slaying out there. I felt like I couldn't miss. I watched my "kill enemy players" count just march right up to 20 in a single battle. I was in the zone and the zone was nice to be in. I was glad to be a part of it and it's moments like those that make me want to come back.

Yesterday - I came back hoping to capture the magic from the day before. However, I just could not get anything going. I was dying quickly, well more quickly than usual for me. I joined a group which I almost never do. It was a decent experience, I just wish I could have played better. As it was, I felt like I was getting killed first over and over again. It was run by an experienced group leader who was taking the time to teach new players some tips and tricks within Cyrodiil. I thought that was great. Good on him for doing that.

It's been a mixed bag lately and I hope to see more of the good days than the bad ones.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, lost another cold-fire ballista last night.. I purposefully had my character back as far away from the ballista and edge of the wall as I could - still got pulled from convergence and dropped to the ground and died before I could get back in through the door...

even with popping a health draught as soon as I hit the ground, just too many folks hitting me at once...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 21, 2021 4:04PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 5 out of 7 on the EU server and 4 out of 10 builds on the NA server rocking convergence...

say what you want, but, it does help, a lot...goodness knows I've yanked more than my fair share of folks off of walls...

been mostly playing on the NA server, fairly equal fights during late night USA time...

not so over on the EU server, which would be early morning for them...the map is usually all red, occasionally all yellow...

sometimes when I log on we'll still have warden, rayles, glade and both scrolls...I've been in sooooooo many situations though where it's just myself or maybe one other person defending those last blue pieces on the map...

I know it's hopeless but, occasionally I'll go up against some noobs and I can at least make it a little tough for them...plus every once in a while I'll earn a whole bunch of AP for my efforts...

yep, not such a good situation on EU grey host at the moment...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 21, 2021 4:14PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay my fellow cyrodiil pvp enthusiasts...so, as a general rule - trying to manage 17 pvp builds across two servers can be a little challenging sometimes...

and, i've got to be honest - math isn't exactly my strong suit...came across this post from someone that was like:
    200.gif
    i'm just smart enough to understand and recognize folks around me whom are talented in some of the areas i lack...
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    This depends heavily on how and where you're fighting. Are you solo? BG? Cyro? IC? Dedicated healer? Duels?

If you're in a BG with a healer like dmvab then you can go War Maiden + Spell Strategist and become a wrecking ball.

t0v301c.png

In general, I prefer the following stats: Spell Damage > Spell Pen > Max Magicka > Crit

Max Magicka builds were nerfed earlier this year. It now takes 1355 magicka to equal 129 spell damage.

Primary Damage Sets (stat weight)
    • War Maiden (6.4601) - Requires magic damage (Elemental Weapon, Haunting Curse, Crystal Frags). Does not buff light attacks or Endless Fury. Does not buff heals.
    • Spell Strategist (6.3748) - Requires light weaving which you should be doing anyways. Does not buff heals.
    • Spell Power Cure (5.951) - Spell damage group buff. Requires Radiating Regen 100% uptime.
    • Spinner's (4.9445) - Damage starts to drop off here but this is still a great set. Does not buff heals.
    • Necropotence (4.738) - You can see why max magicka builds start to lose power. ~6.5k magicka and still under a 5 weight.
    • Crafty (4.3085) - Only good if you're using shields.
    • Heartland Conqueror (4.012) - Only use this set if you have no other options

Mitigation Sets

Aetherial Ascension (6.961) - Best defensive set in the game when paired with Dark Deal
    Pariah (6.4243 @ 50% health, 4.1715 @ 90% health) - Also very strong set. This is preferred if you can't handle the increased stamina cost from AA.
    Brass (4.3268) - Weak compared to Pariah / AA
    Swift (4.2192 @ 33k armor, 4.959 @ 16.5k armor) - Weak set unless you have low armor. Only marginally better than Brass.
    *Vampire Stage 3 (6.453 @ 33% health) - This isn't a set but I highly recommend it for low armor builds.

Niche Sets

Clever Alchemist (6.2326) - Only lasts 20 seconds and requires combat
    Moon Hunter (6.2403) - Requires poisoned weapon

Avoid these sets

Spider Cultist's (7.1893) - Destruction staff abilities only
    Burning Spellweave (5.6073) - Requires Crushing Shock and proc only lasts 8 seconds w/ 4 seconds downtime
    Scathing Mage (4.7371) - 20% chance on direct damage
    New Moon Acolyte (5.1085) - Increases spell cost by 5%

just finished buying up some war-maiden gear...gonna hook up both my NA and EU magplar's in war-maiden, dark convergence and balorgh...oh yeah - thank you Skara Minoc :)

until i read this - i was still building towards max magicka on a lot of my builds, was actually using mother's sorrow on some too...

by any chance @SkaraMinoc - do you have any more set rating stuff like this?
    Edited by geonsocal on October 25, 2021 7:18PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    by any chance @SkaraMinoc - do you have any more set rating stuff like this?

That's just the stat density for various sets I use. You can calculate it like this.

129 spell damage = 1 point
    10.5 magicka = 1 point (1355 magicka per 129 spell damage)
    1206 health = 1 point
    1487 armor or penetration = 1 point
    657 critical = 1 point

For example,
    • Plague Doctor is 6422 health / 1206 = 5.325
    • Mother's Sorrow (1096 magicka / 1355) + (2842 critical / 657) = 5.135
    • Stuhn's Favor ((129 weapon damage * 2)/129) + (6799 physical penetration / 1487) = 6.572

You can see why Stuhn's hits so hard.

In general,
    • Stat density between 4 and 5 is average
    • Stat density between 5 and 6 is good
    • Stat density 6 and above is excellent

It's not as simple as picking the two highest damage sets. There's so many variables you could write a book about ESO PvP.

Spinner's + Crafty is very strong for PvP despite only having 4.9 and 4.3 weights, respectively.

You can skew your build towards damage by slotting Deep Thoughts and going 100% spell damage (The Apprentice mundus, Spell Damage jewelry, health/magicka food, etc). You will have < 1k sustain but Deep Thoughts solves that problem if you can run away for 10-15 seconds to regen back to full magicka.

Don't forget about Simmering Frenzy, the most overpowered skill in the game. At 7 stacks, Simmering Frenzy provides ~1200 spell damage and also buffs Twilight Matriarch heal which keeps you alive for even more stacks.

Max Spell Damage + Deep Thoughts will boost your Crystal Fragments critical hits to 10-12k damage against other players. It's very glass cannon but hilariously overpowered. It really shines in a group setting where you can hide safely in numbers.

Lastly, the highest sustained damage for Mag Sorc PvP is by far Crystal Frags with Power Overload. With Max Spell Damage, you're looking at 10k+ dps against other players for over 20 seconds straight (starting w/ 500 ultimate).

Edited by SkaraMinoc on October 26, 2021 6:35AM
    PC NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SkaraMinoc
    spongebob-worship.gif

i don't know what kind of voodoo magic you got going on there - but, how in the heck are able to actually translate math in to english :smile:

wow, this is so excellent...especially since i can actually understand it...seriously, i've been reading this forum for - a long time...a lot of the time when folks get in to the numbers it flys by me a bit...

i really appreciate it Skara Minoc...thank you so much...

i only have 2 active vamps at the moment (mag dk and stamblade)...i've tried to make frenzy work, but, i just have a heck of a time with the "timing" and maximizing that skill...and yes, it has killed me on occasion :)

question please - does this correlate to stamina builds, meaning stack weapon damage as opposed to crit or stam pool...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 25, 2021 11:52PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lastly, the highest sustained damage for Mag Sorc PvP is by far Crystal Frags with Power Overload. With Max Spell Damage, you're looking at 10k+ dps against other players for over 20 seconds straight (starting w/ 500 ultimate).

this is excellent knowledge...it's not just use skill "X" and everything is gonna be alright, the key is using skill "X" and synergizing it with skill (or in some instances gear) "Y"...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 26, 2021 5:27AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    re-worked my EU magblade's rotations...trying to make use of summon shade...

magblade was the first build I ever really put together...used to use double shades a lot to help do damage across spread out melees back when I first started playing in the IC arena district fights...

my thought is, the only way you should ever die (in cyrodiil) as a magblade (to a lesser degree stamblade too) is if you're either bored, sleepy, or trying to bloodport...

I wanna use the shade to see just how bad of situations I can get myself in, and still get away...

I'm not patient enough to be a good ganker, but, I can use the magblade to position myself in a way that can disrupt attackers...

most fun yet with convergence - thunderous rage, absolutely can influence the battlefield and get your kill counter spinning...at least for a bit :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the worm has turned for the covenant over on the NA server...it's the return of the gooch :)

or, gucci now or whatever...unfortunately, we're mostly likely about to get the same situation we had with EP the last couple of months with DC now painting the whole map blue...

ugh, it's soooooo hard to get balanced faction pvp...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been reading comments that convergence is much less effective for the pc players after the patch...

oh well, it was fun/different while it lasted...if anything, time to start building back up all my geode crystals and gold coin on both servers...just spent a bunch of game resources updating all my toons' builds this year...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 4, 2021 12:26AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't fall into the dark convergence trap as it was so op I knew it would be nerfed.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't fall into the dark convergence trap as it was so op I knew it would be nerfed.

I don't know tequila, after sooooo many years now hanging out in cyrodiil, I've mostly come to welcome new changes that mix things up a bit...

the same ol' same ol' can get a little tedious after some time...

I'll take a look at it closely when our time comes for the new patch to go live and see if it still provides some use for either seiging or attacking/defending in large scale or small scale conditions...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but we can have fun without sets that are so gimmicky.
    It is one thing to have a bunch of crows flying around a set doing damage and quite another to have a set that pulls you off of walls and siege. It was bound to be abused by groups.
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 4, 2021 6:02PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you wouldn't happen to know anyone looking to buy a whole lot of excess convergence gear, would you :p
    Edited by geonsocal on November 5, 2021 3:32PM
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    I deconned every bit I ever got