Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    having a blast doing some stress testing on my stam dk...

just took off crest of cyrodiil and replaced it with hundings (keeping blood spawn and 7th legion for now)...

also switched from 7 heavy to 5 heavy/2 medium...

they're getting ready to "change" the crest set, plus I had been wearing it for a while now...

took me a long time to get comfortable with my stam dk...tried making medium armor set ups work, but, was always way to squishy for how I liked to play the character (SnB and bow bars)...

finally got comfortable wearing all heavy, now I wanna see if I can up my damage, and in particular make his werewolf more lethal...

just transmuted his 2 7th legion rings to bloodthristy...

right now though I'm mostly focused on seeing just how much damage I can take - which means putting myself into some interesting situations :)

I'll start testing his werewolf out more tomorrow...

didn't play my DC characters much last campaign, actually the last few campaigns I've spent a lot less time overall in vivec...

was reminded as soon as I switched to this character it's always a sustain challenge for at least the first hour or so...

it gets better though once I get used to the different rotations I use for the character...

Don't hear of many SnB/Bow builds but I'm interested in your build because I'm also a stam DK. Right now I've been trying out Alcast's Draugr/Shacklebreaker/Bloodspawn build but I don't like not having a bow. Maybe I'll switch out the 2H for a bow.

part of my weapon choice for characters is based on the fact that I have 10 different ones, and, I'm trying my best to keep their builds as unique from one another as possible...

my mag dk uses DW and destro bars...I don't think I've ever slotted or even used any DW skills on him...

maybe 5 out of my 10 characters (each race, stam/mag version of each class) use BiS weapon bars...

I saw the stam dk (he's an imperial) as a tank/front line fighter, which is why I went with SnB and settled on equipping at least 5 heavy...

I use the bow because soooooo many of the fights in cyrodiil are ranged (zerg v zerg) competitions...

and, as a stam dk - that rock throwing move (stonefist) just don't cut it for a ranged attack :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Usually in the campaigns I'm around rank 500. Currently I'm around 250, which is not too bad. Healing pays for itself! I've been running Spell Power Cure because I spent one million AP getting those rings. I've been trying various sets to pair with it, just trying anything out to see. Recently I decided to go with Redistributor. I've never used it nor do I see mentioned much.

For the curious:
    2x Max Health
    3x Max Stamina
    4x Max Magic
    5x When you heal yourself while at full Health, heal a nearby ally for 2347. This effect can happen once every 3 seconds

I had to go into Imperial City to get it and that's not an area I know well. I have every skyshard and completed every quest except for the ones in the city. I brought a few invis+speed potions just in case. I made it to the crafting station without a problem and on the way out I saw one EP but he looked busy fighting monsters so I just went on my way.

I always get excited trying out a new set. I wonder, how will it work? Will I know when it procs? Is it useful? I purpled it out and decided to go Decisive on the lightning staff and Powered on the Resto.

So I get back to the sewer entrance and had to figure out how to get out of there. I've been in and out of the city and sewers a few times but as I mentioned I don't know the place well. This time though, I noticed Aldmeri banners along the path I need to take to get back to the base. I've never noticed that before and I tend to get turned around in the sewers fairly easily. Once I saw those markers and put two and two together, all that time I spent map reading before seemed wasted. Ah well, live and learn.

I made it out of the sewers without incident and raced over to Alessia to try it out. I read how it worked one more time and hit myself with a Rapid Regen and stood around near people. Sure enough, every three seconds a little yellow fireball shoots out of me towards the lowest health person who is standing nearby. (Side note, I was in Alinor and testing it out again and when I looked at the guy the fireball went towards, his max health was 10.9k. Dude is walking around half dead already) I was geared out in SPC, Redistributor, and Bloodspawn. This setup seemed to work pretty well for me. With that decisive lightning staff plus templar Ult passive, and Bloodspawn I felt like I was throwing out Remembrance quite a bit. I also added Shooting Star for my other ultimate so I could drop a lot of meteors with all my ult generation.

It worked well in the army v army action. I threw down my Ritual of Retribution, spammed out some Rapid Regen, and watched my Redistributor star shoot around the battlefield healing my allies. As long as I've got some kind of HOT on myself I can fire away at the bad guys and still get some heals in for the team. It's also fun outside of Cyrodiil as some other players think I'm attacking them when the healing star fires from me to them.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side note, I was in Alinor and testing it out again and when I looked at the guy the fireball went towards, his max health was 10.9k. Dude is walking around half dead already

ha...that was funny :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow - I think they may have overtuned the fall damage stuff a bit...

got 32k health and barely surviving after shielding up (hardened armor) and holding block on the way down off the second floor...

the whole rolling backward to mitigate fall damage doesn't seem to work anymore either...

if you see some odd player continually jumping off walls - you'll know who it is :)

pretty blah night fighting so far, making decent AP, but, keep finding myself in situations where I'm getting beat down by small groups of players...

haven't really been able to cut loose with my werewolf...the ideal situation for that is some nice zerg v zerg action...haven't really found that yet...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 20, 2018 5:04AM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    haven't really been able to cut loose with my werewolf...the ideal situation for that is some nice zerg v zerg action...haven't really found that yet...

I think you found it. :D I saw you in my death recap from outside Roe. That Blue Zerg was huge!! We held out at Roe as long as we could but there were just so many.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was atop the chalman inner keep second floor thinking to myself as I was firing siege and watching a whole bunch of red folk pour in the front door - gee really wish there was more than myself firing siege at all these players...

switched from catapults to oils, after a few seconds noticed one other player running around up top firing down at all the EP...

heard the front door going down, got off my siege and saw a 57k d-tick...immediately thought to myself - man, I sure am happy there wasn't hardly anyone else here helping out...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 22, 2018 8:27AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played all day sunday, no crashes freezing or blue screening.

Pvp felt pretty amazing.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if only blue and yellow would fight each other. ;)
    And EP could cooperate longer than 2 weeks. :/
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 23, 2018 1:16PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last I looked, it was still pretty close between AD and EP...

it's weird though, for the last couple of weeks I've played DC has controlled the map from chalman to roebuck when I'm on (late night west coast)...

I'm not quite sure I totally get why the scrolls are worth so many points now, it's definitely had an effect of the score...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ??? Not sure what you mean, EP is looking right as rain as far as their pushes south goes. They've brought a lot of action to the south end of the map which was pretty great.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ??? Not sure what you mean, EP is looking right as rain as far as their pushes south goes. They've brought a lot of action to the south end of the map which was pretty great.

hmmmmmm, I think you're right - last night was the first time I remember seeing EP push all the way to rayles in a while...
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s a lot harder to defend a castle when the DC Zerg runs through the inner wall when it’s at 100% health.

I watched the outer wall at Fare crumble and went inside to defend. Then blues just started coming through the full health inner wall. Easily 20+ teleporting through the wall. These guys must have leveled their psijic skills to 50 to bend space and time like that.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    It’s a lot harder to defend a castle when the DC Zerg runs through the inner wall when it’s at 100% health.

I watched the outer wall at Fare crumble and went inside to defend. Then blues just started coming through the full health inner wall. Easily 20+ teleporting through the wall. These guys must have leveled their psijic skills to 50 to bend space and time like that.

I had heard of that glitch before, but, haven't seen it yet for myself...

that is decidingly - not good...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, I know the map looks different at different times, but, for a bunch of the time I'm on - blue owns chalman to roebeck...

what freaks me out though - is I go to faregyl and run into 30 plus yellow roaming around...

I go to arrius, same thing with red folks...

you all killing me - come get your keeps - I don't much like having to ride my mount all over the place...it hurts my thumb :'(
    Edited by geonsocal on July 24, 2018 3:15AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ask and you shall receive...just had one of my more enjoyable keep captures in a while...

took back roebeck from AD - they did a great job though with their siege and putting up camps...

took a while to get in the front door, and then a while longer to secure the flags...it was raining oil everywhere...

was using a stam warden who can normally heal through a lot of incoming damage...put on my shields, threw down trees, popped a health pot - still wasn't able to rez someone...

check my death recap - six flaming oils...nice...

was on the bottom, hanging by the transitus stone (trying not to get more oil poured on my head), and had to keep fighting more yellow folks coming though the front door...

not a lot of points, but, very cool...

I'll tell ya, ultimate wise - the wardens made out pretty okay...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 24, 2018 3:42AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue, Yellow Red - 21st Century Schizoid Man!

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    military-vikings-shield-scandinavians-space-mercenary-rman5294_low.jpg

my literary inspiration:
    AfraidCavernousCaribou-max-1mb.gif
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talion the Mighty,

Please capture all three towns in Cyrodiil.

Love,
    Sorcalin

Sometimes I wish I had never my cured my vampirism so I could just disappear in a cloud of smoke whenever the Grand Warlord comes by. It's never, "Hey Talion, how are you?" Nope, it's always "Talion capture this. Talion kill that." I'm a mer with feelings too, you know. I have goals and dreams. Would it kill her to at least fake an interest in me? "Why yes Grand Warlord, I am working towards purchasing that estate in Alinor. Once we win this war please stop by for some Russafeld wine."

Whatever, fine... let me talk with the scouts and get a look at the recent military positions. Well... perhaps her Grand Warlordness needs to read the status reports we spent all that time putting together for her. Apparently the only town we don't already own is Bruma. I took the fast travel to Ash and headed out from there. Let's hit the charging maneuver and head north!

Nothing like riding through Covenant territory alone and in light armor. I stayed out of the main highways between keeps and eventually made my way near the village. The Pact had control of Bruma for the moment but since they were busy running amok at Black Boot and Bloodmayne, maybe no one will be there. I hit the flag by the anchor first. The anchor was already active so I figured I'd run into someone. As I approached I saw a Red sneak away into a nearby building. I figured he was questing so I didn't pursue. I wasn't there to kill reds, I was there to capture the town. I killed the guards, captured the flag, and kept my eye on the window of the building the Pact man went into. I next went to the flag with the siege merchant. (Did you know if you play your cards right you can capture the flag without having to deal with the guards near the merchant?) I was still on alert for the red guy hiding nearby. I saw that the first flag I captured was still AD so I moved onto the last empty flag. I spent a lot of time watching out for the EP horde to arrive or at least for the Pact guy to get the drop on me. I was sweating it being so close to capturing the third and final flag. I was constantly looking over my shoulder, blocking, and being tense. I suppose you could say I had Pact man fever.

Once the deed was done and the town was back in Dominion hands, I left and headed south towards Aleswell. The goal being to get to Ash (which was in AD hands). Along the way I captured the Aleswell farm since I was there scouting it anyway. Still no one came. I guess the word was out, Talion the Mighty was rampaging in the north, everyone head south. I doubt that's the case but that's what is going in my report to the Grand Warlord. Maybe Ayrenn will hear about my deeds and I'll finally get a date with her. Maybe it will go well and we'll head to my place at Ravenhurst Manor. "Hey your majesty, if you like my lightning ballista in the backyard, you'll love my twin size bed!" But I digress...

So far I'm 1/3 of the way through my mission. I'll write more on the next two towns later. I've got to help kick these reds out of our castles.

Best regards,
    August Palatine II Talion the Mighty

edited for typos
    Edited by Ballcap on July 25, 2018 9:36PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you rock ballcap Talion the Mighty...thank you for sharing :)
    Edited by geonsocal on July 26, 2018 12:08AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 days left AD up by about 1k...interesting strategy developing...

AD has the 2 EP scrolls and are simply defending their 3 back keeps...

don't have any towns, not that interested in pushing out anywhere...just holding up...

it'll be interesting to see how long they're able to hold out...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

don't have any towns, not that interested in pushing out anywhere...just holding up...

You left out the part where DC shows up behind us every time we try to take our scrolls back.
    We had four walls down at Faregyle but both alliances zerging was a little too much.
    Campaign will go to hell when Mayhem starts today.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait ^^^^
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You left out the part where DC shows up behind us every time we try to take our scrolls back.
    We had four walls down at Faregyle but both alliances zerging was a little too much.

And the trolling of a scroll by an AD scum dressed as EP...pathetic...
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurtfan wrote: »

I don't agree with peoples doing that.

Though EP is no angel here either. They did something similar yesterday at Black Boot.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the same guy...

chevy_vega_tee-rd2a3f4f5686a43f78b92d1e660e775cb_jy599_307.jpg?rvtype=content
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope not that guy, I know what you're referring to.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurtfan wrote: »

I don't agree with peoples doing that.

Though EP is no angel here either. They did something similar yesterday at Black Boot.

Not saying EP is innocent (that would be stupid to think that) but I play pretty much every day so I think I have my finger on the pulse of Vivec. And I gotta say I've seen EP's scrolls get trolled...a....lot.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't defend AD for it's shady stuff it's done with scrolls either. I just don't take part in / don't like any glitching/exploiting/trolling period. Looks bad on us and everyone else.

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second disconnect, and it's early.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second disconnect, and it's early.

;_; How bad is the que???