The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner Yes, I did see your warden group harassing Bloodmayne, while I was at Faregyl defending. Stoney was recruiting wardens when DC chat started calling him a spy.

Played EP last night and chat was quiet until someone mentions a known player on his AD toon at Arrius. And then BAM, the chat went crazy.

It's been 2 years since launch, and some players such as myself, want to see what it's like on the other sides.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do you guys ping pong around different factions like it’s nothing? I have one yellow toon that hasn’t seen Cyrodil since she got warhorn.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I switch for the fun of it. I play on the 2nd and 3rd place alliance to lend a hand. AP doesn't matter to me. First year I was a dedicated EP TSlug, but since they were diehard EP, I left to experience the other alliances.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    How do you guys ping pong around different factions like it’s nothing? I have one yellow toon that hasn’t seen Cyrodil since she got warhorn.

that's a very good question...

just speaking for myself - early on, prior to one tamriel, i wanted the oppprtunity to explore all the different zones, so I created different type characters in each alliance...

because I had fallen in love with pvp on my main (despite getting my butt kicked all the time as a squishy and not very powerful nightblade) i wanted to pvp on all my characters...

it's funny, playing that nightblade is what most inspired me to learn to communicate with enemy players through emotes - to try to get them to not kill me when I was out exploring...

initially I had my characters on different maps, and, I found the experience between the characters to be very different...i remember one of my characters could barely leave the starting bases because we were gated all the time...

early in 2016 i discovered the arena district in azuras star, which at the time was the "main" map...

fell in love with that game style and pvp experience (basically non stop melee with the ability to instantly rez and jump right back in to the action)...

as soon as zos did away with faction lock I quickly put everyone in to the main map so they could fight in IC's arena district...

on a more practical level - I've been through a bunch of the different story lines in each faction - they all have their good and bad...

I look at pvp as it's own thing, not so much tied to tamriel lore - but, rather competition with my character versus your character...

may the best build and skill win...i want to compete against the best players - heck, all players, regardless of whether they are blue, yellow or red...

my best buddy from jr. high also plays, he has characters in each faction on vivec also, we sometimes group, were in different time zones, so not too often...

plus, to be honest, eso pvp is kind of my quiet time...to relax and chill, and, be quiet...

primarily i'm a solo player - whether i'm rezzing you or trying to kill you, doesn't really matter much to me...

I've mentioned it before, my affiliation, what I personally identify most with in game is the daggerfall covenant...my main is a DC breton...

however, once I enter cyrodiil it becomes an us versus them thing...and, I play and compete at the game...

I want that particular character to be as successful as possible and: just as important - to have a consistent pvp gaming experience...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 14, 2017 6:05PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me I feel guilty if I get on my blue nightblade and jump off the back of the keep if I see red friends! lmao
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner Yes, I did see your warden group harassing Bloodmayne, while I was at Faregyl defending. Stoney was recruiting wardens when DC chat started calling him a spy.

Played EP last night and chat was quiet until someone mentions a known player on his AD toon at Arrius. And then BAM, the chat went crazy.

It's been 2 years since launch, and some players such as myself, want to see what it's like on the other sides.

I've thought about it. My AD main is a Grand Overlord so I'd want to go that far on another alliance. There would be no going back.

I'm getting bored with the game. My guild is pretty much nonexistent. Gotta do something.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me I feel guilty if I get on my blue nightblade and jump off the back of the keep if I see red friends! lmao

I have buddies on Yellow. Hell, I jumped them and fought them face to face several times. No rage tells or nothing. They're all reasonable people and know we're all here to fight.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL I did the same thing after leaving EP. So now when I'm on AD or DC, I try not to go to EP's side.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »

I've thought about it. My AD main is a Grand Overlord so I'd want to go that far on another alliance. There would be no going back.

I'm getting bored with the game. My guild is pretty much nonexistent. Gotta do something.

Do it! It becomes a whole new game.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at Stoney Reiverx.

He never made Grand Overlord on his yellow toon, its still a 4 Star. He's got every reason to be salty at yellow IMO. And hes a MagDK like yours is!
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on December 14, 2017 6:24PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a blue and a red both that I never play on in cyrodiil made them when I first started playing the game before I was ad. I've got to many people that are friends on ad to play on any other alliance. I ended up kicking 400 people from the guild i was in just because they was planning on switching to DC. I was okay with it at first but found out a lot of people who I killed that was in the guild on their DC characters would get salty with me. to the point they started calling us who remained on ad names etc. I couldn't stand it anyway switching factions might not seem like such a big deal to some but it can tear friendships and guilds apart.
    Edited by Jake1576 on December 14, 2017 6:52PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    I have a blue and a red both that I never play on in cyrodiil made them when I first started playing the game before I was ad. I've got to many people that are friends on ad to play on any other alliance. I ended up kicking 400 people from the guild i was in just because they was planning on switching to DC. I was okay with it at first but found out a lot of people who I killed that was in the guild on their DC characters would get salty with me. to the point they started calling us who remained on ad names etc. I couldn't stand it anyway switching factions might not seem like such a big deal to some but it can tear friendships and guilds apart.

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh. I see. Like it not much big deal for the lone wolf, but it becomes a big problem if you want to try doing something.

I get wanting to experience all three sides. Like, I know highrock like the back of my hand. Eleswyr I never could get used to and the IC base is gawdawful layout. I’ve never even been into Morrowind gate.

I’m fixing to make two new toons for this event coming up.....they’ll both be DC all the way. FTC!
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »

Didn't happen to the guilds I was in. I left my others AD guilds-- not because I switched, but because I don't play with those people any more.

About two years ago, I thought along the same lines myself, much more recently I allied myself with people I enjoyed being with. So now I go, where they go.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, haven't been feeling so great the last few weeks so decided to stay home and rest (read: hang out at the house and play video games :p)...

decided to give my EP magdk some run...holy cow, I thought the late night stuff was rough...man, I haven't run in to very many squishy players today at all...

my poor magdk is taking a beating out here...

I think I may have overcompensated a bit on his health recovery (he's a vamp)...just looked and i'm sitting at 700 plus, need to switch out a couple of jewelry enchants (health recovery for spell damage)...my current spell damage is only 2.3k at the moment...and, the extra health recovery isn't really making much of a difference...

getting a bit discouraged - i'm hitting folks and not watching their health bars move too much :#
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed that switching alliances is not good for those active in guilds. That's why I left mine. Yes, lone wolf or the Fallout lone wanderer.

Keep it up geo, you'll figure out your rotation that works. I have to re-learn every time I switch my toons, like last night on my EP MagDK as well.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on December 14, 2017 8:31PM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool DC could do with some good leaders and from what I have seen Stoney runs a good group. Had a few DC leads leave the last few campaigns so might help with balancing the campaign.

Stoney told me the other day Gooch and Baconactor might show up next campaign for blue side.

I was que’d into a BG match with Bacon a few weeks ago. The dude still plays a mean Sorc.

People were saying the same thing before this campaign because they were playing together on blues at the end of the last campaign. I can't see Gooch coming back to blue for a campaign any time soon. I'd say he will stick to his plan of making a Grand Overlord on all three factions.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool DC could do with some good leaders and from what I have seen Stoney runs a good group. Had a few DC leads leave the last few campaigns so might help with balancing the campaign.

Stoney told me the other day Gooch and Baconactor might show up next campaign for blue side.

I was que’d into a BG match with Bacon a few weeks ago. The dude still plays a mean Sorc.

People were saying the same thing before this campaign because they were playing together on blues at the end of the last campaign. I can't see Gooch coming back to blue for a campaign any time soon. I'd say he will stick to his plan of making a Grand Overlord on all three factions.

He's already got it on all three factions IIRC
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account sharing helps.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stay away from that lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to go on my EP toon as well to tip the scale of war on EP's side. B)

ha, you jest, and, yet it is so - EP out in the lead at the moment...

just logged on to my stam sorc, which i haven't played in awhile...proceeded to lose three successive 1v1's...once against another player on the same type character - it drives me nuts when that happens :smile:

to make it even better, each time was right outside a keep/outpost that was quickly flagged right after...

sometimes the solo life can be quite humbling...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 16, 2017 9:40PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I rolled my new Stamplar build into Vivec over the weekend. The lowbie toons are funny in there. The buffs we get makes them quite tanky, but damage is not very good. I may have to invest some more into the crow store also, that Mount speed is a real dog.

Cyrodil is also probably the slowest way to level up ever.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rolled my new Stamplar build into Vivec over the weekend. The lowbie toons are funny in there. The buffs we get makes them quite tanky, but damage is not very good. I may have to invest some more into the crow store also, that Mount speed is a real dog.

We get more XP on EP for leveling! >:)
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :'( I can’t find the emote, but it’s kind of like this .!. Or you’re #1
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

after my first few characters which went through each of the different faction zones in tamriel - the next 7 have primarily spent all their time in cyrodiil...

it is super slow...but, I really enjoyed that tank type feeling...plus, they're super fun to mess with other players - they make great bait for when you have some allies hanging around in stealth...

folks see the low level and will normally push hard against you thinking they can get an easy kill...not so much :p

I've never been in much a rush though to get them to level 50...it takes me a while to figure out how I want to play them, and, what type of gear I want to use in the character...

my wardens are still only around level 36...

i'll usually go almost all offense with their builds to try to compensate for the lack of damage they'll normally do...

frustrating thing is having to keep up with their gear changes every 8 levels or so...

the mount speed is brutal...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 18, 2017 4:51PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :'( I can’t find the emote, but it’s kind of like this .!. Or you’re #1

More like we get the underdog bonus! /joke
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing I did with all characters once they added buy horse upgrades in crown store was max level speed. I can't stand slow mounts.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sad night in Cyrodil. Our Emperor got deposed in the weakest last emp keep battle ever. We couldn’t control our home keep Warden or Rayles and we got farmed at dragonclaw farm tower. How fitting.

On a high note, we got to beat on frank for a while. Couldn’t kill him or the annoying band of thorns with him, but there was only 12 of us.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was an amazing defense of Chalman last night on EP. We lost BRK after what seemed like an hour before AD's full population final pushed through. But that defense of Chalman with AD at the gate was a blast. And then DC tried twice. I just kept firing away with my fire trebuchet and oil catapults from the top of the keep. Seeing all those orange numbers popping up after each hit was an adrenaline rush.

My first Warden is halfway thru level 48. Praise Vivec for the XP boost with the festival. Killing 20 Templars gained 148K XP on my CP toon.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on December 19, 2017 11:05PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally got back on my stam sorc late this evening...needed to adjust my gear, just didn't like the squishy feeling he had...

normally I primarily will wear 2 or 3 offensive sets on each character, which will usually be okay because most of them wear at least 5 heavy...

my stam sorc though wears 7 medium...after reading someone comment on a stam sorc thread suggesting impregnable - decided to go "farm" a set...

in this case that meant visiting nearly every city in tamriel checking each guild store...not really an expensive set - just tough to find pieces...

man is there a ton of unfathomable darkness and briarheart (wrothgar set) for sale out there...which makes sense with the recent orsinium event and new clockwork dlc...

crit resist is up to 3.8k now, but, weapon and spell resistances are still only around 14k unbuffed...health in cyro is only around 23k...

can't really tell for sure yet how well it's working (pairing it with 1 pc kena and 5 pc cowards)...once again as soon as I logged in and ported to a location jumped in to some small scale - that rarely goes well for the first 15k minutes or so I start playing - once I find some zerg action and play for a half hour or so, much better prepared for small scale...and, i'm not fumbling my rotations or pots...

tonight/this morning was maintenance shut down...love being on just before the servers shut down - it likes closing time out at a bar or club - all the action becomes much more frenetic and chaotic with players becoming very aggressive and willing to push the action...

always a good time...hope everyone is having fun out there...

oh yeah, scores are all still close with AD out in front right now...fingers crossed the score stays tight the rest of the way...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 20, 2017 9:21AM