The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Friday night and no one from guild online because of this broken game. smh
    But I see AD managed to Zerg back to first place because school is out this week. lmao
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been watching the current score and map to see a good time to get my AD stam blade in to vivec...

just put him in 5pc unfathomable darkness (already wearing 1 pc kena, 5 pc dreugh king slayer - which I'm thinking of changing soon)...

I use 2H and bow, and unfathomable isn't really that great for the bow...i forgot the radius of the proc but, I don't think it's that far...

I know there's not a whole lot of room for "role playing" type builds in pvp - but, the animation on the unfathomable proc, with a touch of devouring swarm thrown in - looks so freaking cool...

Edit: the radius on the unfathomable proc is 12 meters...not that terrible - lots of times though when I'll be engaging from a longer range...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 25, 2017 3:08AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been on in about a week but I would imagine vivec ps4 na server is dead just a guess :(
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    I haven't been on in about a week but I would imagine vivec ps4 na server is dead just a guess :(

i don't really know too many of the players personally, but, i see a lot of familiar names...lots of the same folks who are in when I'm playing late night west coast time (pvp lifers :))...

obviously not too much large scale action...

just finished getting my 7th character to 100k AP...just to be stubborn (or a masochist), gonna try to get all 10 characters to tier 3 this campaign...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any consolation that even if the PvP have gone down the toilet in NA as well... can say that you are far far better off what it is in PS4 EU atm.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oddly enough - I was able to rez at keeps today...

not really sure what was going on, but, was able to rez a few times in a row at an outpost...i was so happy that I kept charging right back out to fight the same small group (just 3 players or so I think) whom were kicking major butt around our beautiful blue bleakers...

finally got in on killing 2 of them (pretty sure we never killed one of their party) a couple of times...they looked like they were having a bunch of fun though...

been a while since I mic'd up and actually partook in some coordinated fighting...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are learning to use the loading screen bug as a tactic now. If you get killed in a keep you are defending and the enemy has taken the keep, just restart without rezzing after a few minutes and you will be placed inside the captured keep which in most cases is empty as players rush off.
    Do this as group and easy cheese keep capture. smh
    So stick around a while after you capture a keep and farm enemy players as they respawn. lol
    Hurry up Tuesday!
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are learning to use the loading screen bug as a tactic now. If you get killed in a keep you are defending and the enemy has taken the keep, just restart without rezzing after a few minutes and you will be placed inside the captured keep which in most cases is empty as players rush off.
    So stick around a while after you capture a keep and farm enemy players as they respawn. lol
    Hurry up Tuesday!

I hopped on yesterday and was wondering what would happen if I waited in a keep at the top floor until the opposite alliance flipped it and waited for things to cool down and people to start porting into the keep lmao I killed about 15 people in a few minutes because they ported into the keep and all got stuck in load screen's I sniped everyone of them from the top floor of the keep while they just stood there stuck in infinite load screen's this game's such crap at the moment lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Hurry up Tuesday!

I hopped on yesterday and was wondering what would happen if I waited in a keep at the top floor until the opposite alliance flipped it and waited for things to cool down and people to start porting into the keep lmao I killed about 15 people in a few minutes because they ported into the keep and all got stuck in load screen's I sniped everyone of them from the top floor of the keep while they just stood there stuck in infinite load screen's this game's such crap at the moment lol
    3807334040_1552381dd6.jpg

that's both genius and pretty diabolical...i love it :)
    Edited by geonsocal on November 27, 2017 7:01PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That happened to me. It sucks. One restart right into another. Gawd I hope they fix this garbage tomorrow.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    That happened to me. It sucks. One restart right into another. Gawd I hope they fix this garbage tomorrow.

things definitely felt a little salty this weekend...didn't really notice it in zone chat much, but, saw (and received) lots of teabagging during "primetime"...

normally that mostly occurs late at night...

I saw this happen at a yellow forward camp outside of ash...

the camp was had already gone up in smoke, but, people kept rezzing at that spot for another couple of minutes...

yeah, not a fun way to go...restart, restart - ummmm, why am I still playing...
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #Loadacalypse2017

Map empty last night, but we ran the scrolls back. Some blues destroed me with Altadoon, and then stood there like imbeciles trying to pick the thing up. Sorry boys, you need to get your own scrolls first.

Hopefully they do fix it tonight. I hate trials. I hate the people who do trials. I hate the DPS parse BS. I hate hearing people scream on mic.

PVE sucks so much. They deserve all the nerfs they get when we figure out how to use their sets creatively.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    #Loadacalypse2017

Map empty last night, but we ran the scrolls back. Some blues destroed me with Altadoon, and then stood there like imbeciles trying to pick the thing up. Sorry boys, you need to get your own scrolls first.

that had to be hilarious watching them hopping around the scroll for awhile - yeah, why don't you all try picking up the scroll again for like the tenth time...

it'll be interesting to see if zos employs some kind of double AP event or something to try to entice folks back in to cyrodiil...

during primetime this weekend I didn't notice to many sub cp690 players out there...the other maps (including Kyne) seem flat lined at the moment...

not a good sign moving forward...
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    #Loadacalypse2017

that had to be hilarious watching them hopping around the scroll for awhile - yeah, why don't you all try picking up the scroll again for like the tenth time...

it'll be interesting to see if zos employs some kind of double AP event or something to try to entice folks back in to cyrodiil...

during primetime this weekend I didn't notice to many sub cp690 players out there...the other maps (including Kyne) seem flat lined at the moment...

I've been playing on Xbox since I picked up an Xbox One X and i notice there's a lot more lower CP players even in Vivec over here. Over the weekend all three alliances had 3 bars in Vivec and in Kyne Xbox usually always has 1 bar for each Alliance during prime time.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...it'll be interesting to see if zos employs some kind of double AP event or something to try to entice folks back in to cyrodiil...
    Well if they don't, then PvP in Cyrodiil is all but over on PS4 NA. Stick a fork in it... it's done. You can't have anything close to an even/fair balance of competition when the campaign looks like this at primetime every night.

I won't keep playing a game where I'm just getting my butt kicked every single day with no chance of winning a campaign.

I hope everyone who plays an AD character has fun playing with themselves on a yellow map, because that's what's going to happen if something isn't done about population.

eso-pvp.jpg

PS4NA
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! I can travel between keeps again.
    At least between the few red ones. lol
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let us know what happens on death spawn. Lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy crap @dotme - you got a grip of AP...you must have near every piece of gold jewelry in the game...

not sure when you took that pic - but - yeah, that situation sucks for sure...

ugh, sometimes i think i may be just a little to friendly...

been playing on my DC magblade the last couple of days...he's my main, and a crafter...a year or so ago i had this notion of retiring him from pvp...actually skipped the last campaign with this character...

man, i totally had forgotten what it feels like to almost never die...very, very few situations (detect pots, radiant magelight) where i'm unable to cloak (read: slink) away from any fight...

which is both good and bad...i don't like dying much, but, i find myself stuck in enemy territory a bunch with no one else around...personally though, i like to be around the big battles...

got "left behind" at ash yesterday...started looking for someone to fight to help me bloodport back to aleswell...saw someone sitting on their horse...

generally, unless i'm in a certain mood, i won't jump folks on their mounts (how despicable for a magblade to say)...so i went up to them, feared them, did the block sign to let them know i was ready to go - and, they just started waving, then dancing...

ugh, some other AD player had ridden by, saw us just standing next to one another and rode off, as did the AD player i was trying to engage...

ended up having to hump it all they way back to aleswell on my mount :'(
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IS IT SAFE TO RETURN TO PVP ARE THE LOAD SCREEN'S FIXED WHEN YOU PORT OR DIE AND RESPAWN :)
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 28, 2017 7:10PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    Any consolation that even if the PvP have gone down the toilet in NA as well... can say that you are far far better off what it is in PS4 EU atm.

You are correct. PS4 EU is DC world in Vivec atm every month.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #Loadacalypse2017

I've been playing on Xbox since I picked up an Xbox One X and i notice there's a lot more lower CP players even in Vivec over here. Over the weekend all three alliances had 3 bars in Vivec and in Kyne Xbox usually always has 1 bar for each Alliance during prime time.

howdy @Twohothardware , although my ps4 is doing okay at the moment, i'm starting to think about my next machine...

I've pretty much alternated between microsoft and sony when updating my consoles...

what made you choose the xbox one x over the ps4 pro?
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »

You are correct. PS4 EU is DC world in Vivec atm every month.

Unfortunately. We slaughtered so many DC tonight but they have ridicilious numbers there. Most of them are crap just huge zergs.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #Loadacalypse2017

howdy @Twohothardware , although my ps4 is doing okay at the moment, i'm starting to think about my next machine...

I've pretty much alternated between microsoft and sony when updating my consoles...

what made you choose the xbox one x over the ps4 pro?

I actually have both an Xbox One X and a PS4 Pro. My main reason for getting the Xbox One X now was I play in 4K and the games being updated for the XB1X all either have better graphics or better performance than the Pro. After playing on the Pro for the past year I can say the XB1X is worth it over the Pro if you're going to game in 4K and aren't tied to the Playstation platform due to friends, ect. It's just more of an actual upgrade over the regular PS4.

For me I also thought it would just be something new to start completely over in ESO and see some new faces in the game for once and join new guilds. PvP was getting kind of stale on PS4 running into the same people all the time with the same Emp every week.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyrodil is back in full action! Had a blast last night! Working with this fortified brass setup..need some more bone pirate stuff, but it’s alright with agility and monster set. Now they need to fix Ambush and it will be gtg. I stayed up a bit too late being so happy to get some action!

The brass really helps me survive long enough to fight back a little bit...but there’s just some that are really good at PvP
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's good to be back. It was an unusually long rest break. I was definitely rusty being away from PvP. I ported up to Sejanus (fingers crossed for no load screens) rather than Blue Road because I needed to figure out my skills and gear. Let's see, Kagrenac's and Vicious Death. That seems ok... let's check the skills... BOOM! BOOM! What's that? Bah gawd, that's ballistas music! I'm all alone here, let's sneak out the side door and see what's going on (Alessia side). Hey, there is some Covenant rogue out here with a couple ballistas banging away at the side wall. Sneaky-sneaky close to him... and attack! Crap crap! He didn't die! Ok, let's battle this guy. I almost had him down when I hear the familiar ring-ring of surprise attack. He's not alone! And I'm dead...

I respawn at Sejanus and check the wall. It's still around 90% so at least I slowed him down. Now the ballista noises are coming fast. For some reason I'm still alone so I ran upstairs to see what's going on. The two of them have five ballistas blasting away. So I set up my own lightning ballista counter siege. Lightning will slow them down running from siege to siege. They also set them up in a nice bunch for me. So I start shooting at the ballista cluster, hitting three at a time and occasionally hitting my foes which appears to do no damage but so what? I'm not killing them. After a few more shots I killed three of their ballistas and focused fire on the remaining two. One of the guys finally realizes what I'm doing he starts doing a little t-bag dance to try to get me to focus on him. Sorry pal, I've got siege eyes. Siege eyes...siege eyes. Siege eyes are crying! Siege eyes have seen a lot loves but they're never gonna see another one like I had with you... oo oo ... umm...ahem... So I'm focusing on the last two ballistas and they go down before they managed to flag the outpost. Now both of them are hopping up and down out there and I realize they don't have any more siege! Hahaha... It's time for a little lute music on the ramparts. After a tune and a wave I head inside to fix up the walls and the two blues? Well, they went back to wherever it was Covenant soldiers come from. Probably Wayrest Sewers.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Cyrodil is back in full action! Had a blast last night! Working with this fortified brass setup..need some more bone pirate stuff, but it’s alright with agility and monster set. Now they need to fix Ambush and it will be gtg. I stayed up a bit too late being so happy to get some action!

The brass really helps me survive long enough to fight back a little bit...but there’s just some that are really good at PvP

i love trying out new gear/build setups on characters...i think i may be slightly addicted to it...it's weird, i'll try some different gear out, settle on a new set or two, play it for a few months and suddenly start feeling like it is woefully under performing...

case in point - my magplar/healer...currently he's wearing 5pc rattlecage, 5 pc julianos, 1 pc troll king, 5 pc light/2 pc heavy, destro/resto...

maybe it's because i've started focusing more on defensive setups with my other characters - but, i've been feeling kind of squishy in pvp lately...

after getting killed last night by the same nightblade (AD's jackdatrippa (?)) about a half dozen times in about 10 minutes - i can't get out of my current setup soon enough...

i wanted to try out vampire's cloak with rattlecage, go to a SnB/destro setup and add in grothdar, 5pc heavy/2 pc light...leave the resto staff and healing stuff for when i do dungeons...

i don't know though - fortified brass might also do the trick instead...

i enjoyed the high damage output with julianos and 5 light - but, if some nightblade is able to cut me down too quickly, it doesn't do me much good...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    It's good to be back. It was an unusually long rest break. I was definitely rusty being away from PvP. I ported up to Sejanus (fingers crossed for no load screens) rather than Blue Road because I needed to figure out my skills and gear. Let's see, Kagrenac's and Vicious Death. That seems ok... let's check the skills... BOOM! BOOM! What's that? Bah gawd, that's ballistas music! I'm all alone here, let's sneak out the side door and see what's going on (Alessia side). Hey, there is some Covenant rogue out here with a couple ballistas banging away at the side wall. Sneaky-sneaky close to him... and attack! Crap crap! He didn't die! Ok, let's battle this guy. I almost had him down when I hear the familiar ring-ring of surprise attack. He's not alone! And I'm dead...

I respawn at Sejanus and check the wall. It's still around 90% so at least I slowed him down. Now the ballista noises are coming fast. For some reason I'm still alone so I ran upstairs to see what's going on. The two of them have five ballistas blasting away. So I set up my own lightning ballista counter siege. Lightning will slow them down running from siege to siege. They also set them up in a nice bunch for me. So I start shooting at the ballista cluster, hitting three at a time and occasionally hitting my foes which appears to do no damage but so what? I'm not killing them. After a few more shots I killed three of their ballistas and focused fire on the remaining two. One of the guys finally realizes what I'm doing he starts doing a little t-bag dance to try to get me to focus on him. Sorry pal, I've got siege eyes. Siege eyes...siege eyes. Siege eyes are crying! Siege eyes have seen a lot loves but they're never gonna see another one like I had with you... oo oo ... umm...ahem... So I'm focusing on the last two ballistas and they go down before they managed to flag the outpost. Now both of them are hopping up and down out there and I realize they don't have any more siege! Hahaha... It's time for a little lute music on the ramparts. After a tune and a wave I head inside to fix up the walls and the two blues? Well, they went back to wherever it was Covenant soldiers come from. Probably Wayrest Sewers.

howdy @Ballcap ...i actually saw you a couple of times last night, I would have said hello, but - I was dead :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone going to participate in the random dungeon pug fest...i want to, could definitely use the skill points, and - on occasion running dungeons with some strangers can actually be fun...

been hermiting out a bunch after work though lately with a cold, so, not sure if I can make it happen...

not so interested in the rewards, mostly just like checking out dungeons I've never been in before...
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Jake1576 on December 1, 2017 9:55AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    new 30 day opens shortly...haven't gone in for a couple of days...

can't wait to see how many of those transmute crystals I get, been going through the extra sets on some of my characters and I have a quite a few items to update...

can't wait to trait the bucket and broom...no question at some point in the very near future that I'll give it a try at some point to fight in just the bucket and broom...

I still remember when I first started pvp that "naked" fighting was a big thing :)